Unsaid Things

Eight

"You just missed a shortcut." I said, leaning into the front seat.

"I know that. Theres all construction down there, so it would have just taken us longer." Kerri replied.

"Can't you drive any faster?" I questioned. All I had been doing since I had woken up was complained about how long it was taking us to get to the hospital. And I knew for a fact that if Kerri didn't know that I was just worried out of my mind about Dougie, she would have knocked me out again. Well, since I'm pregnant, maybe not, but she definitly would have at least broken my nose. Kerri sighed.

"I'm already speeding, and we're almost there." She told me. "Now shut up."

"Never. And it wouldn't kill you to speed more and get there sooner, since your already speeding." I pointed out. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened, to the point that her knuckles were white.

"Jeanette, do not make me hurt you." She snapped. I rolled my eyes.

I didn't stop complaining until she parked the car and turned it off. We all got out, Danny looking antsy to go see Dougie. Almost as antsy as I was. That made sense though.. They were best friends.

"Kerri!" Someone yelled. Kerri looked in the direction of a tall man, with graying hair, running towards us.

"Uh.... Hi, Mr. Gordon." She said slowly.

"Kerri, it's a good thing your here. Theres an oppurtunity for you to assist in a surgery! This will do wonders for your grade. I mean, it's worth two test grades, and you already have a B, but this will push you up to an A!" He said,seeming excited. So he was one of her teachers at med school... He seemed to like her. As a student, I mean.

"Oh, Mr. Gordon, I-" Kerri started.

"Sh. Theres no time to waste. Mr. Poynter was shut, and they need to get that bullet out now." The guy said. Kerris eyes widened and she turned slightly pale. I, however felt much better. The guy grabbed her arm and gently started to pull her towards the hospital. She stumbled along beside him.

"But... Mr. Gordon, I.... I can't-" She started.

"No buts, Kerri. Now I know your not squeamish." He said as they entered the hospital, the rest of us following behind.

"But Mr. Gordon-" She started again.

"Kerri, shut up! Your doing it!" I exclaimed as he started to pull him to another room away from the waiting room.

"What? Why?! And it's not your choice!" She replied.

"Because I trust you!" I called as the teacher pulled her into another room.

Tom came running over to us.

"Where'd Kerri go?" He asked, slightly confused.

"To help with the surgery." I told him. I felt much better, knowing that there was at least one person in the operating room I could trust, even if she was only a student.

******

Half an hour later, Kerri came running out of the room, shaking slightly. Danny caught her in a hug as she came over to us, and I could see that she was shaking more then I had thought. My stomach dropped slightly.

"Kerri, what's the matter?" Danny questioned, looking down at her.

"What happened?" I asked. Then the teacher came jogging over to us.

"You want to know what happened? I'll tell you what happened. She told off the surgeon, pushed him out of the way and did the surgery herself." He said.

"You what?" Amanda questioned. She sounded slightly amused. She, like myself, trusted Kerri's skills as a doctor entirely, although she was yet to become a doctor.

"It was for a good reason." She mumbled.

"Yes, yes it was." The teacher agreed.

"I'm confused. Is Dougie okay?" I questioned.

"He is thanks to her." He said, gesturing towards Kerri.

"Wait. A med student performed a surgery and did better then the surgeon?" Tom asked, eyebrows raised. He nodded.

"The surgeon appearently wasn't qualified to be a surgeon. He had his diploma from medical school, but he's not a good surgeon what-so-ever. He got a scalpal stuck in Mr. Poynters stomach. He would have died, had Kerri not been her usual self." Gordon told us. "She saved his life. Kerri, you get an A." He said, before turning and walking away.

"Go Kerri!" Amanda exclaimed. The words rolled themselves around in my head. Would have died....... Saved his life.......

"Oh my God.." I whispered. I grabbed Kerri's arm and pulled her away from Danny, and wrapped my arms around her tightly.

"Kerri, your the best!" I said, tears in my eyes. Stupid hormones.

"Nette, relax.... I couldn't just let that guy kill your boyfriend. Only I'm allowed to do that, and even then that's only if he ever hurts you." She replied, grinning at me.

"Which he won't." Danny said with a chuckle.

"Kerri, why are you shaking?" I asked.

"Because I was so freaked! I thought that Dougie wasn't going to be okay, especially when the surgeon said that the scalpal was stuck. Even after I got it out I was freaking out. I mean, come on. That was my first surgery I actually did. And I haven't graduated yet!" She explained. I laughed.

"Thank you." I said, still hugging her tightly. "I love you. Your the best."

"Your welcome. I love you too. I know that, and you said it already." She replied, laughing softly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, heres another chapter. I am so, so sorry for the extremly long wait. It's just, I've been extremly busy and I don't know. It's been extremly hard for me to just find the time to sit down and write out a chapter to give you guys. I'll try to update faster, I promise.

Comments would be great. I haven't gotten any in a really long time, and it's making me start to doubt my writing.