Refuse to Surrender

Chocolate Kisses

Still Jacoby’s POV

“So apparently, I have been kicked out of the house, including the pool house,” I said to my band mates, “And we’re going on a break after tonight.”

Yup, Kelly officially kicked out of the house. Before, I lived in the pool house but now she won’t even let me stay there anymore. This honestly bites and I really have no clue of what I was going to do. I probably am going to find myself a hotel or stay with one of the guys.

“Dude, that sucks,” Tony said, “If I had a spare room, I’d offer it to you but I don’t.”

“It’s okay,” I said, “I’ll probably get a hotel or something.”

At that moment, Alex walked out. She was calling someone again and Rhapsody, her puppy, was following her. I watched her as she laughed at something, tossing a tennis ball for her dog to chase after. It was really cute and all. Alex has this laugh that is just really soothing to hear. Hell, after talking to her, I feel calm.

“Yeah, so can you drop of my jeep or one of my cars there,” Alex asked, “Okay, cool. Thanks, McConnell.”

“Hey, maybe you can ask if you can stay at Alex’s house,” Tobin joked.

I glared at him as I slapped his arm. Sadly enough, Alex heard him because when she hung up, she looked at us and asked, “Who needs to stay at my house?”

“Shut up,” I muttered to the guys but they weren’t having it.

“Jacoby got kicked out of his house and needs a place to stay,” Jerry said.

“Oh, that’s not cool. You can stay at my place if you need a place to stay,” she said.

“No, I couldn’t,” I muttered.

She just shrugged and said, “It’s totally fine with me.”

So that’s how it all started. I’m now carrying my bags into Alex’s Avalanche that she had waiting for her. She had called one of her friends to ask if they would drop it off so that she wouldn’t have to wait or anything. Smart move because we could leave right away.

Speaking of Alexei, she got off the Motley Crue tour bus, dragging her bags behind her. I placed my bags in the bed of the truck and walked over to help her. “You don’t have to get them,” she said, “I can get them.”

“No, I insist,” I said, smiling at her, “I don’t have to blow my money off on a hotel thanks to you.”

“It’s no problem, Coby Noodle,” she replied.

After saying our good-byes to everyone, we got into her Avalanche and she started driving off to Huntington Beach. I remembered that she lived there and out of the blue, Korn’s Twisted Transistor started playing. She started laughing as she said, “Okay, I thought it would be some of my strange classical stuff. That would be so fucking embarrassing.”

“I never would have pegged you as someone who enjoys classical music,” I said, glancing at her.

“My mom would play it in the house when I was a baby so I find it very soothing.”

“Can I ask what happened to your mother?”

She bit her lower lip and I knew this was a touchy subject for her so I quickly added, “You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to.”

“Put it this way: I’ll tell you about it someday,” she whispered.

From that moment on, we both were silent for the rest of trip. Why did I have to open my mouth? From what I heard from Tommy, the subject about Alexei’s mom was one that was majority of the time off topic. Nikki and Alexei didn’t like talking about it for some reason and it was obvious that whenever she thought her, Alex became really upset. I now felt horrible for opening my mouth.

Ten minutes later, Alex pulled up to a house that was right by the beach. An average sized white paint house with a nice yard with a white picket fence which was good for her new dog. It looked normal from the inside but something told me that I’d be surprised when I’d get inside. We grabbed our bags and walked up to the front door where Alex pulled out her keys and unlocked the door.

Rhapsody bolted into the house, running around everywhere, as Alex dropped her bags by the stairs. “Um, there’s a room upstairs that you can have. It’s the second one on the left,” she said.

I nodded as I walked up the stairs to the room she said I could have. Walking up the stairs, I noticed that she had guitars hanging on the walls. Downstairs, she had black leather couches and dark wood coffee tables. On some of the other walls, she had a lot of abstract paintings. The walls were painted dark colors and I could only guess what color room I’d be staying in.

Okay, the room wasn’t bad. It was a dark blue color with a large bed with matching bed sheets. One wall was all glass and it over looked the beach, which was nice. There was a bathroom attached to the room so I didn’t have to worry about walking in the hall in just my boxers at night.

“Is this okay,” came Alex’s voice.

There she was, leaning against the doorframe. Her strawberry blonde hair was out of its ponytail she had it in earlier, leaving it falling down and framing her pretty face. Her dark green tank-top hugged her upper body so nicely, revealing what kind of curves she has. Black jeans adorned her slender legs and she was barefoot. God, she looked so beautiful like that.

“Yeah, this is awesome,” I said, looking at her, “You have no idea how grateful I am for this.”

“Its no problem,” she said, “I consider you one of my friends. Hey, I’m going to make lasagna for dinner, is that okay?”

“Yeah, sure.”

Alex’s POV

“Rhapsody,” I called, pouring his food into his bowl.

Good thing I went shopping yesterday because I would have forgotten today to get my dog his dog food, bowl, and other stuff. Jacoby was helping make the garlic bread while the lasagna was in the oven and I fed my dog.

“Hey, Alex, where’s the butter,” he asked.

“In the fridge. It’s in the white container,” I answered as I put the bag of dog food back in the pantry.

“Got enough truffles,” he joked as he opened the door wider.

I smirked because I had a whole self filled with containers of my favorite white chocolate truffles. Yes, I love truffles that much.

“You can never have too many truffles,” I replied as I washed my hands.

“Whatever you say, Alex.”

After dinner and washing the dishes, I sat in my backyard deck, just watching the starry night time sky above the ocean. It looked so beautiful and I loved just sitting out here and doing this every night. I had a couple of truffles in a bowl next to my outside couch. I did this every night.

“You want some company,” Jacoby asked as he walked outside.

“Sure,” I said, moving a bit so he’d have some space on the couch.

He sat down next to me with his arm around my shoulder. I had my head resting against his chest as we both stared at the starry sky. I have to admit, I really liked this because I really liked the guy. Jacoby’s just one of those guys that are a sweetie but also is extremely good looking as well.

“Stealing one,” Jacoby said as he took one of my truffles from my bowl.

“Hey, that’s mine!”

“Not anymore,” Jacoby laughed as he placed it in his mouth.

I pretended to pout as I huffed, crossing my arms against my chest. Jacoby just laughed again as I glared at him. “I know something that will make you feel better,” he muttered.

“What? You going to give me a new truffle,” I asked.

He just smiled and placed a finger under my chin, making me look at him. God he has amazing blue eyes. I didn’t noticed that he had leaned in closer to me until his warm breath was brushing against my lips. My arms wrapped around his necks as Jacoby pressed his lips onto mine, making me forget about that stupid truffle and focusing on him. His hands found my waist and rested on them, holding me close.

I pulled away due to the lack of oxygen and looked at him. “Forgive me for the truffle,” he asked, with that perfect smile on his face.

“Sure, just give me another chocolate kiss,” I replied.

“You got it,” he said, pulling me closer to him for another kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, in some pics it looks like Jacoby has green eyes and others it looks like he has blue! So I went with blue eyes.