Refuse to Surrender

More Than This

Still Alex’s POV

I woke the next morning thanks to the sunlight hitting my eyes. After blinking a few times, I realized that I was not in my room but the guest room Jacoby was staying in. In fact, there was a tattooed arm that was wrapped around my waist. I was still clothed so I knew that I didn’t have sex with him but I really don’t remember how I got here.

A sigh escape as I also realized that I had my head resting on Jacoby’s bare chest. Okay, I’ll admit, this is a bit nice. I looked up at his face, smiling, when I saw that he was still sleeping. He inhaled deeply before he licked his lips, muttering something. It was seriously cute and everything.

“Oh, hey,” Jacoby said as he opened his eyes.

I smiled as I reached up to play with his messy hair. “Morning to you too,” I replied.

“You know, I really do enjoy waking up with a hot girl in my arms who’s playing with my hair,” he replied, smiling.

I just let out a small laugh as he ran his hand up and down my back, which happens to be really nice and comforting.

“Can I admit something,” he asked as he looked at me.

“Sure, go for it.”

“From the moment I saw you, I thought you were the hottest girl I ever saw,” Jacoby admitted, “I was speechless when I saw you because there you were, just standing there and totally confused because your step-sister had drawn a funny map. A tattooed daughter of a rock star and you’re still so down to Earth which I find to be attractive. From the moment I saw you, I had a crush on you, Alexei.”

Damn, Jacoby is so fucking adorable. I really couldn’t believe that he said all those things and all I could do was say, “Awe.”

“Why do you have to be so cute,” I asked.

He just smirked as he pressed his lips on my forehead, “It’s the truth though.”

“Want to know something,” I asked as I disconnected the alarm clock that had started ringing.

“Hm?”

“I had a huge crush on you.”

“So, care to explain to me why the lead singer of Papa Roach is here in the shop,” Crystal, my friend and manager of the shop, asked as Jacoby sat on one of the couches.

He waved at me, smiling, as he placed a magazine on his head, making me laugh. I shook my head at him and rolled my eyes. Jacoby truly was an amusing person. I just waved as I spun my chair to look at Crystal who was still waiting for an answer.

“Because he’s staying with me for a couple of days before we head back for the rest of Cruefest,” I answered as I got my stuff out so that it was ready.

“He’s staying with you,” Crystal repeated, “Have you slept together?”

“Not in the Biblical sense,” I replied, “The literal sense, then, yes we have slept together.”

Crystal’s jaw dropped when I said that. I just ignored her as I got up to find some gloves in one of the cabinets but a small smile was plastered on my face. Rhapsody was running around and weaving in and out of my legs as I walked to the back room where we kept the extra supplies. Crystal followed me, not wanting to drop this conversation.

“Do you like him in that way?”

“He admitted to me that he had a crush on me and I told him the same,” I said, going through a box, “Are you going to continue asking me questions?”

“Yes! I want to know all about this relationship with Jacoby and my best friend.”

I just sighed as I walked out, carrying that box filled with gloves that actually fit. Rhapsody barked as Jacoby walked over to help me as the box start to slip from my hands. Crystal just smiled but sat at her usual place in the front as she began working on the appointments for today.

“Are all of you Sixxes against asking for help or what,” Jacoby asked as he took the box from my hands.

“No, I’m just stubborn,” I replied with a grin.

He just sighed and rolled his eyes but didn’t say anything. I gave him a hug and a kiss on cheek.
Crystal just smiled as she said, “You got an appointment at three, Lex.”

I looked at the clock and saw that it was only eleven. “Seriously! Fine, I’m going out to get food,” I said, complaining.

Jacoby’s POV

I had decided to go with Alex to the nearest Chipotle. Rhapsody was coming with us as well just because we would be sitting outside. I was going to order for myself but Alex said it would be easier if she just did all of it instead. She had a good point so I didn’t argue and just found us a table outside.

A few minutes later, Alex came back with our food and drinks. Immediately, I got up to help her but she already had the tray on the table. Damn, I wanted to be helpful towards Alex but as usual, she was already done before I could do anything.

“Seriously, are you that stubborn,” I joked as I got my burrito.

“Yup and besides, it’s not too far for me so there really was no point of asking you for help,” Alex replied.

“Still. You’ve been so awesome to me and you’re letting me stay at your place,” I said, “You’re just amazing.”

Alex just smiled as she chewed her burrito and didn’t say anything.

“So, you’re touring with your dad,” this guy, Kyle, asked as Alex tattooed him.

We were back at the shop and I was hanging around there. Aside from Crystal and Alex, there were also some of their other friends as well. Lailis Carter and Morgan Fox worked there as well and they were great tattoo artists as well. Still, I was partial towards Alexei.

My fist clenched against my jeans as I watch this guy continuously hit on Alex who was not interested or fazed by this. In fact, she ignored him whenever he did something. I knew I was jealous but it’s not like she’s my girlfriend or anything.Though, I wish she was.

“Yes, I’m touring with my father,” Alex replied, focusing on getting that job done.

She looked at me as Kyle continued talking and in that brief second, I saw that she was desperate. I felt bad for Alex so I gave her a look of sympathy, letting her know that I did feel sorry for her. This guy continued talking, not noticing that his tattoo artist was looking at me, giving me more attention in a second that she ever gave him.

“So you doing anything tonight,” he asked her.

“Yes,” Alex replied, returning to tattooing his arm.

“Aw, what are you doing?”

“Spending time with a friend.”

“Really? Who?”

I walked over, saving Alex from answering, as I sat down on the chair next to her. “Are we doing something that I do not know about,” I asked, giving her a small smile.

Alex looked at me, relieved that I had come to her rescue. “Yes, we’re watching movies. You promised that you’d watch Fight Club with me.”

“You’re with Jacoby Shaddix,” Kyle asked, completely shocked.

I smirked as Alex gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. “That’s a secret”

After a day at the shop, we left for Alex’s house. We stopped off at a Chinese restaurant to order some take-out so that we didn’t have to make dinner. Although she insisted on paying, I pulled out my credit card and paid. It annoyed her but she let it go.

Currently, we were lying on her bed, watching Fight Club on the flat screen TV that she had in her room. God, she had a comfy bed. It was obvious that Alexei’s favorite color was purple because there was a Hell of a lot of purple everywhere. Oh well, it looked pretty cool.

I had my arm under my head and the other was wrapped around her waist as Alex laid her head on my chest. We both were watching, silently, but holding each other close. Rhapsody was sleeping his is bed in the corner of the room as it became dark in the room.

Although the movie had my attention, I kept thinking about that guy that Alex was tattooing. He thought that I was dating Alex when in truth, I don’t even know what we are.

“Hey, Alex,” I asked as I looked down at her.

“Hm,” she replied, looking up at me.

“What do you see me as?”

“One of my best friends,” Alex answered, “Why?”

“I want to be more than that,” I replied.

“What do you mean,” she questioned.

I took deep breath before I let out that question. “Will you be my girlfriend?”

Alex looked shocked and surprised as she heard that. Silence was between us as the sound of guys beating the crap out of each other filled the void. Finally, a smile formed on that beautiful face of her’s as she replied, “Alright.”

I smiled back at her as I pressed my lips onto her’s, kissing her as we just let the movie play. I didn’t care about anything, just the pretty girl that I could call my girlfriend who also happened to be lying on top of me.

Fuck yeah, life is good right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Who's back? I is!