Ocean of Emotion

03

I stumbled through the hotel room door, looking around at the garish covers draped over the two double beds in the room. I wrinkled my nose in disgust at the mixture of brown, blue, bright yellow and green. "Whoever made those covers was clearly colourblind," I commented, dragging my overly packed suitcase into the room and flopping down on the bed furthest from the door.

"And that's why we should've gone to Paris, we could've had breakfast with Mickey Mouse tomorrow morning, but we're here," Josh complained, hauling his own suitcase into the room and heading towards the air conditioner. He stabbed at a few buttons before it started whirring.

I closed my eyes, letting myself be lulled to sleep by the air con. After the flight and the ever so stressful airport fandango, I was exhausted. Why we'd bothered to let Max take charge, I'll never know. It was a moment of madness and one I was bound to regret for the rest of this holiday.

"Can you believe Max has lost his bag?" Josh asked. I mumbled and turned away from him, curling up tightly. I felt a weight behind me. "It's his own fault I suppose."

"Yep. Max's fault. Max is to blame for everything! It's his fault that wars are happening, that there's global warming, that we're here and his bag has gone missing," I turned around and looked up at Josh who was smiling down at me, "and you know, it's his fault that the traffic lights always turn red when I get to them."

Josh chuckled. "He's to blame for a lot of things. I'm just dreading walking around with him all week, he's going to stink after a day."

"Well you can let him borrow some of your clothes, and so can the others. We're lucky we don't have to share a room with him. It's Adam I feel sorry for, he has no choice to choose his parents, and not only does he have to share a room with them, he has to live with them for at least eighteen years."

"True and - " Josh was cut off by the door crashing open and Harmony stumbled inside. She fell onto the floor and giggled at her own stupid move. She picked herself up and pulled her bright suitcase along behind her into the room.

"Um, Harmony, what are you doing?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbows. I knew what she was doing here, I just didn't really want it to be true.

"We're room mates for the week, how amazing is that?" She clapped her hands together as if this was the best news she'd had in years. I watched in horror as she pulled her suitcase up onto the second bed in the room and began to unlock it.

Dan was next to step through the open door, dragging along his own suitcase. "Well, this is," he paused to think, "nice."

"Oh my god, I hate my life," I groaned, slapping my hand against my forehead and sinking down into the mattress. "Why did we leave Max in charge? Why Josh, why?"

"Bliss, it could be a million times worse, and you know it. You could be sharing with Jenny and Henri. I stepped in and saved you though. I sense the bad vibes between the two of you, and being in enclosed spaces won't do either of you any good," Harmony filled us in, she pulled a flip flop from her case and threw it down on the floor.

I whimpered looking up at Josh. "Can we go home? Now, please? Leave the loonies here, please Josh?"

He leaned down and kissed my lips gently. "It'll be fine, I promise."

"There won't be a wedding if it's not fine. I swear I'll leave you if I don't get through this with the tiny ounce of sanity I still possess."

"Max!" A familiar shriek cut through the generally calm atmosphere and a figure flashed past the open door. A pink blur for our eyes.

Dan was the first one standing and heading for the door, he bent over laughing and beckoned for the rest of us to go and see what the commotion was all about.

"Oh my good god," I groaned, watching as Max was running off down the path, completely naked, save a pair of sparkly flip flops that were no doubt Sacha's. He was grinning cheekily, as he trotted off.

A few doors away from ours, Sacha had her head sticking out of their hotel room door, shrieking for Max to go back and put some clothes on. She was screaming and shouting like a banshee, waving her arms around, a scowl etched into her face.

"Fine, Max, don't expect to come back to this room!" She called, slamming the door, the click of the lock following. Max's eyes appeared to widen and he came running back up the path, before hammering on the hotel room door, begging for forgiveness.

Dan and Josh chuckled, closing the door. I walked back towards the bed, completely stunned. "My eyes are burning, I saw sights I never wanted to see then," I complained, throwing myself down on the bed and burying my face into the closest pillow.

There was a hammering on the door and Max's desperate calls followed. Someone flung the door open. "Can I stay in here tonight?" He asked.

"Cover yourself up then, you've already blinded Bliss," Dan chuckled.

"Oh, Bliss, don't tell me you don't want a piece of Maxie," he said.

I turned over to face him, keeping my eyes on his face. He thrust his hips forward and smirked at me. "No, Max I don't. Now please put yourself away!" I threw a pillow at him, then buried my face back in the covers.

As if sharing a room with a nice but dim hippie wasn't bad enough. Now we had a naked Max splayed out on the floor. This holiday was sounding great already, wasn't it?
♠ ♠ ♠
Bit of a filler, it'll get more exciting soon, promise.