Ocean of Emotion

05

"Bliss!" I mumbled at the muffled sound of another voice on the other side of the door. Whoever it was was slapping their palm against the door as well, in a desperate attempt to get me to let them inside.

"Bliss, let me in!" I groaned and sat up slowly, rubbing one of my eyes. I yawned tiredly, and swung my legs around the edge of the bed, pulling the thin covers from the mattress, I wrapped the material around my shoulders, heading across the room towards the door.

"Bliss!"

"For crying out loud, wait a sec," I cried, pulling the lock open on the door and wrenching it open. I squinted as bright sunlight poured through the open door, shielding my eyes from the sun I looked curiously at who was waking me up at stupid o clock in the morning, when the previous night I hadn't been well at all.

Jenny was standing on the path outside the room. Her sunglasses sitting atop her freshly dyed chocolate coloured hair. Her perfectly manicured hands were resting on her bony hips, and for once she appeared to be wearing much more clothing than usual. Her eyes were serious as she looked at me. "You look like crap."

"Well thank you very much, Jenny, and good morning to you, now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with my bed," I said, pushing the door slightly, only I was stopped by Jenny's palm resting on the warm door.

"I need to talk to you," she said, her tone urgent, her eyes deadly serious. She pushed the door fully open and stepped inside the cool room, her flip flops slapping against the soles of her feet.

"Just come in then," I muttered, closing the door and walking back over to the bed, dropping down on it and making myself comfortable, whilst Jenny admired her appearance in the mirror. "What's this about?" I mumbled into my pillow.

"Josh."

"Jenny, I'm sorry that he doesn't want you but - "

She held her hand up to shush me. "Did he come back here last night? No one's seen him this morning, and Heather was all over him last night." She sighed, running a hand through her hair. "They both disappeared at the time, I mean he was pretty drunk, Bliss - "

I sat up, a glare plastered on my face. "Are you suggesting that he cheated on me, with her?" My tone was like ice, cutting through the air. My blood ran cold, terrified that I was going to lose Josh to some cheap tart, one who wasn't worthy of his time.

Jenny shrugged. "Yes. Bliss, I don't want this to be true, I just thought you should know what happened last night after you left. You never know he could've just passed out somewhere, they might not have done anything."

"Did you see them kiss?"

She chewed her gloss covered plump bottom lip. "She kissed him."

I let out a painful wail and fell back down on the bed, tears escaping my eyes, dripping down my cheeks at a fast pace. I sniffled up, quickly the few tears turning into full blown sobs. Jenny fussed over me, sitting me up and pulling me into a hug. She wiped my cheeks and smoothed my hair down. "It doesn't mean anything, Bliss, he loves you. We all know that."

"But, why does it always happen to me?" I sobbed, clinging to her for dear life. This was it, I was going to end up being a nun. Nothing ever went right for me, I'm cursed. Cursed to a life of doom and gloom. I shall never be happy for as long as I live.

The door swung open and I pulled away from Jenny to see Josh standing in the room, his smile faltered when he saw the state I was currently in. I took in his appearance, his hair was ruffled, messed up, his eyes were dark, tired looking, he had pink lip marks on his cheeks, his forehead and neck, his shirt was ripped slightly. "Bliss, babe, what's wrong?" His voice dripped with concern, he took a few steps forward, sitting on the edge of the bed, "what is it?"

I let out an almighty sob and moved away from him, towards Jenny. She wrapped her arms around me protectively, "Josh, you should go, for now."

"What's wrong? Will one of you tell me? Bliss, please, tell me," he pleaded, I looked up to see his eyes, glazed over with tears of his own.

I shook my head and buried my face back into Jenny's shoulder. "Josh, just go, you're only making things worse," she hissed, venomously.

"I love you, Bliss," his voice was quiet, yet serious. The door swung closed behind him and I pulled away from Jenny.

"It's true, isn't it?" I wiped my cheeks free of tears, making room for more to fall.

"Don't jump to conclusions," she wiped my face gently. Who'd have thought Jenny Darby had a sympathetic bone in her body, least of all towards me? But she seemed to be the only one who knew, the only one who would understand. She'd be the only one to help me find out for myself, because if this was true, I never wanted to see Josh again. And this time, I meant it.
♠ ♠ ♠
and so, I carry it on for you. :)
Though I don't think I'm going to be happy with any of this story, other than part one.