Ocean of Emotion

08

"He's out there, looking like he's feeling very sorry for himself. He also looks like he hasn't had a wash in days, so I wouldn't get too close to him if I were you," Sacha hissed, peeping through the thick curtains. She was reporting back to us every single move Josh made, whether he was breathing or blinking, it was all caught on Sacha CCTV.

"Sacha, this whole keeping an eye on him isn't really helping anyone right now," Libby sighed. She looked at me. I kept my eyes focused on my reflection in the mirror.

"I think I'm going to need some form of plastic surgery if he wants perfection," I mumbled, pulling my face back, giving myself the face lift effect. "I just want a thin face, is that too much to ask?"

"Bliss, stop picking out your imperfections, your face is fine. Believe me, Josh is not worth it if he doesn't want you the way you are," Jenny reasoned, she fluffed my hair up at the back and sprayed something onto it, trying to choke us all with the harsh hairspray fumes.

I sighed heavily and pushed myself to my feet. "I'm past caring what I look like right now, I'm gonna go and talk to him." I slipped my feet into my flip flops and walked along the room and straight out of the door without saying another word to any of them.

As soon as I stepped out onto the path each face was at the window, Sacha and Jenny's noses were pressed against the glass and Libby was standing beside them, her expression thoughtful. Ignoring them and their silly little ways, I walked along the dusty path towards the pool.

Josh was seated on a sun lounger, a bottle of beer beside him. He wasn't wearing his own clothes, they were someone else's. Probably due to the fact no one had let him back into our room. His sunglasses were on his head, his eyes squinting in the bright sunlight.

On the sun lounger beside him, Dan and Harmony were laid together, their lips attached their eyelids closed, both of them wrapped up in one another to care what was about to happen beside them.

Folding my arms across my chest I walked across to where he was seated. "Josh, can we talk?" My voice was quiet. I was nervous, terrified even. The nerves and fear were present, because there was always the chance Josh wouldn't want to talk to me, maybe he'd had enough of me and my stupidity after all these years. But he nodded and moved up, giving me space to sit down beside him, and that's exactly what I did.

"What do you want to talk about?" He asked, taking another mouthful of the beer in the brown glass bottle.

"Us."

"Oh."

"Yeah. I just want to apologise. For everything. I know I jumped to conclusions, and it was the wrong thing to do, I should've asked you instead of thinking the worst. But honestly, would you have thought the same if you were in my position? You came back with your shirt all ripped and kiss marks all over you and sex hair, and in the bar that Heather girl had her beady eye on you. It just all made sense," I explained, letting out a puff of air when I'd finished my speech.

He nodded. "I suppose you were right to assume it, but come on Bliss, you know I love you and only you, so what made you think I could bring myself to hurt you like that?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I just thought you'd gone off me, and maybe you wanted Heather. I mean she's everything I'm not."

"And thats exactly why I ended up sleeping out here on this very sun lounger that night, Bliss. Because Heather's everything you're not. I don't want that. I want you."

I turned to face him, confusion written into my features. "You slept out here?"

He nodded. "We were too drunk to actually get the key in the lock, so we just jumped the gates and slept out here."

"Who's 'we'?" My suspicious mind was taking over once again and Josh rolled his eyes in annoyance.

"Myself, Dan and Harmony."

"Oh." I nodded. "And the kiss marks?"

"Henri stole Jenny's lip gloss and thought it'd be fun to attack me. We were both drunk so instead of fighting back I let him. But I'm not running away with him, don't worry."

"But what happened to your shirt then?"

"Ripped it when I climbed over the gate."

I nodded. "Promise you aren't going to run away with Henri?"

He chuckled and nodded. "You're a better kisser than he is anyway." He moved closer to me and attached our lips together, but only for a moment as we were interrupted by three fools screeching and slapping their hands against the window of the hotel room.

I smiled at them and shook my head. "Idiots."

"They're just excited because they'll get to wear big meringue like dresses at our wedding."

"You still want to marry me? Even though I don't have a thin face? Even though I'm annoying and I wallow in my own self pity far too often?"

He nodded. "But only if you still want to."

"I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is almost the end. The next part is the epilogue and then that's it, it's over for good.