Ocean of Emotion

Finale

The sound of water running and birds chirping high up in the trees were the only sounds in the garden. The grass was a lush green, the sky painted a bright blue, the sun shone through the breaks in the clouds, illuminating certain parts of the garden set before me.

I sighed heavily, taking a few steps forward, my heels clicking against the stone floor below me. I stepped down a few of the steps and plopped myself down, resting my chin in my palms.

A few birds swooped down at the grass, picking up insects in their beaks, before flying back up to the nest high up in the great oak tree. I smiled to myself. I was one of those birds. We all were. Free to do whatever we wanted, protecting and providing for our family.

The wind blew slightly, shaking the tree branches. My hair was cemented into place, and didn't even quiver. I'd have a lovely job trying to wash out the thousands of cans of hairspray wasted on it. I was guilty of adding to the holes in the ozone layer. You can blame me, when we're being wiped off the earth thanks to global warming and various other disasters.

"Bliss?"

I turned around at the sound of Polly's voice. She let go of the glass door, letting it close gently, cutting off the sound of music and chatter inside. She walked towards the steps and stepped down them, seating herself beside me. "What are you doing out here?"

"Thinking."

"Oh, dangerous."

I shot her a small glare, before looking back up at the trees. "It all feels too good to be true. Like I'll wake up any second and all of this will have been a dream. I'll still be that angst ridden drama queen complaining about anything and everything."

Polly chuckled. "I know it feels a bit surreal at first, but it'll sink in soon, give it chance. You only said 'I do' a couple of hours ago."

"It's just weird. It suddenly feels all grown up."

She chuckled again. "Yeah, but Max is living proof you don't have to ever grow up. He's like the real life version of Peter Pan."

I smiled. "True. It's just, what comes next? Do we move out of that tiny flat and get a proper house? Or do we have a kid first? Or something else?"

Polly shrugged. "Let everything fall into place. Don't plan every single detail, Bliss. I know you want a perfect life from now on, and believe me nothing will get in the way of that, but don't think that now your married you have specific things you have to do in a certain time limit."

"I guess so." I twisted the new, strange ring around my finger. It sparkled in the light slightly.

The door behind us opened again and this time Sacha's voice met my ears. "Come on you two, Max is about to make his drunken speech, thats not one to miss."

Polly giggled and pushed herself up to her feet, offering her hand to me, I clasped it tightly, pushing myself up into a standing position. The two of us walked back up the few steps and into the hall. It was quieter, everyone waiting to hear Max's account of events leading up to this day. I was actually dreading re-living everything. The way I used to run away from everything and all the screw ups.

But those were the things that made me be the person I am today. Those little screw ups brought me and Josh together. If I'd been Little Miss Perfect like Sacha I might not have gotten the happy ending I have today.

I squeezed Polly's hand and let go of it, shooting her a small smile before walking over to Josh. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders tightly, "you okay?"

I smiled brightly and nodded. "Perfect." I stood on my toes and kissed his lips.

Max was standing at the front of the room, tapping his glass with a fork, grabbing the attention of everyone in the room. "Now Josh and Bliss, - " he began with a drunken smile. He wobbled slightly as he spoke and laughed at the parts that weren't funny.

I smiled to myself. No more running away. This was it. The happy ending I'd always longed for, right here right now, and there was no going back, only forwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is it the full ending. No more of this story ever again.
So, thank you if you read, subscribed or left a comment. You know I really really appreciate it.
:)