‹ Prequel: Watching the Stars

This is Home

Estella in Narnia

Come the next morning and Estella had been introduced to everybody. She obviously had nowhere to go, so she was bathed and put in some of Susan’s clothes (she didn’t want to intrude, but Susan had insisted on her wearing at least one outfit before her wedding gown was cleaned). She was also given food to eat, and she ate while conversing with Susan and Lucy, who were fluttering at the fact of a new girl joining their side.

“Your hair is so soft,” Lucy commented while braiding a piece of Estella’s hair. Susan, on the other side, giggled with her new friend. They had all just been talking, but Estella hadn’t opened up about how she found the camp yet.

“Thank you, um, your highness?” Estella questioned with a small smile.

“Just Lucy, it’s all right,” Lucy nodded. Susan nodded as well.

“Well, it must be your water goddesses... the water is far too... dead, if I should put it that way, in Telmar,” Estella noted, weaving flowers with Susan.

“I love the dress you were wearing last night,” Susan smiled, braiding in some flowers into Estella’s hair. “Did you say you were having a wedding?”

“Yes,” Estella smiled, and then frowned. “It is a shame, though. I ruined the dress on the way here.”

“You traveled all the way from Telmar? On foot?” Lucy gasped. “Oh, that is horrid. I hope they are able to repair your dress. It was so lovely.”

Estella wasn’t used to having friends; she’d even forgotten what real company was like on her trip from Telmar to Narnia. But now, she realized, it was so nice having friends who were girls.

“I noticed even Caspian couldn’t take his eyes off you,” Susan giggled, and Lucy did too. Estella only blushed.

“Well... well... that is Caspian,” Estella muttered. “He has been like that since I knew him from childhood.”

“Oh, that must be lovely! Being friends with him for such a long time,” Lucy sighed. “Almost like a brother.”

“Except not like a brother, sometimes,” Estella whispered to herself, but let Lucy finish braiding her hair. They sat there, and Susan began humming a song that was a lullaby that her mother taught her to hum when she was young. It was a nice day, with the sun shining above them in the field.

The three were soon approached by Reepicheep. Estella still hadn’t gotten used to the Talking mouse, but she was sure she could get used to him. Reepicheep only bowed.

“Queens Susan and Lucy, Lady Estella,” Reepicheep announced, his head rising. “Prince Caspian wishes to speak to Lady Estella alone by the river. If Lady Estella’s mapping skills are not strong in Narnia, I would gladly assist her to the designated spot.”

Lucy and Susan giggled, and Estella blushed again. This part of being friends with girls was something that could annoy her very much.

“I... I think I know where the river is,” Estella mumbled. “Uh... many thanks to you, Reepicheep.”

“My pleasure,” Reepicheep bowed, and Estella stood up, looking around for the river. It was just a little ways behind the How, a small one where the river goddesses resided, and where water was taken from.

Estella straightened her dress, and she remembered Susan and Lucy fussing over it in the morning. It did look quite nice on her, with her curves accented, and the nice rose colour fitted onto her skin.

The braids were still in her hair, but Estella didn’t mind as she saw Caspian, who was leaned against a tree, staring at the water. He’d gotten newer armor, a darker kind than that of the usual Telmarines, and it made him look much older. Estella was almost too frightened to talk to him.

But she breathed in deeply and strode towards him.
♠ ♠ ♠
DDDDD:
It took me like a long time to update. Sorry to those who actually stick with this...
:(
<3