‹ Prequel: Watching the Stars

This is Home

Perfect

Caspian stood in the How, facing Peter and Susan and Lucy and Edmund and all the other Narnians. They were plotting to buy some time, send Lucy and Susan into the woods while Peter engaged in a one-on-one combat with Miraz. Caspian kept wondering what would happen.

“That’s it then,” Peter concluded. “We send Ed tomorrow and then give Miraz time to think about it.”

“He will not refuse if you provoke him,” Caspian offered, gulping. “Though, maybe I should be the one to duel with him.”

“No, I don’t think so,” Peter shook his head. “He’d just get what he wanted if he killed you.”

Caspian shrugged. This Peter character was getting on his nerves too much.

“Maybe I will check on the girls,” Caspian mumbled. “I will see if they are in need of anything.”

“All right,” Peter nodded.

* * *

Susan and Lucy had been giggling around Estella ever since... ever since she’d had a talk with Caspian. The reason that they kept giggling was because she’d returned from the talk all red in the face, so Susan and Lucy knew something was going on.

And eventually, they’d coaxed her into telling them. Though it was to be kept a secret.

“Tonight?” Lucy whispered.

“Yes,” Estella smiled but rolled her eyes a little, “It is tonight. I do not think that Caspian wants to tell anybody. There is going to be a battle soon and I think he’d rather prepare.”

“Then you won’t get to have a honeymoon,” Susan said sadly. Estella shrugged.

“Who’s going to be the witness? Are you going to tell anyone after you get married?” Lucy asked. “Oh! This has happened so quickly. Can’t we come?”

“He will be mad if I told anyone,” Estella hissed.

“I would not.” The girls looked over their shoulders to see Caspian approaching. Immediately Lucy and Susan blushed and burst out laughing.

“It’s so wonderful!” Susan smiled. “There’s about six hours until the sun sets. Maybe we could see if we could get some others to help prepare.”

“This isn’t meant to be big—” Estella started. One puppy-dog look from Caspian and she sighed. “Fine. I suppose. If this gets too... too out of hand, I place the blame on you two.”

“Terrific!” Caspian beamed. “I am off to tell the others. From this point on I will be preparing for battle and a wedding... I will not see you until tonight...” He walked over to Estella and kissed her on the cheek. “I will see you later.” And with that he set off for the How again.

Susan and Lucy led Estella out to the river. “First we’ll wash your hair. And then tonight will be so much fun!”

“I wish to follow Telmarine tradition,” Estella bit her lip. “If that is all right.”

“Perfect!” And then the three girls set out for the river.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is short but idk. I like the next chapter better. :]
YAAAAAY for the DVD. I've watched it 8 times since Tuesday. :D <3