Status: Currently editing, updating and making it a better more cohesive story.

You Should Know

Chase This Light

“Meghan?” I asked as I saw her come back stage after the show.

“Hey, where’s Sadie?” She asked. She had on a pass, most likely one of the two Lipski had given Sadler.

“She’s not here…” I trailed really confused.

“She was supposed to meet me here, but I’ve been waiting for hours. She’s not answering her phone, so I figured she was back here.” Meghan was rambling.

“She’s not here…long story, but she’s really mad at me,” I sighed to her.

“Do you have time?” She asked raising an eyebrow.

“We’re leaving in the morning…I’ve got time.

Meghan took my hand and lead me to her car.

“Get in Romeo,” She demanded with a smile.

I got in her car and I told her what happened, the whole story. Meghan just drove and listened to me. She pulled up in front of Sadler’s apartment and forced me to get out of the car.

“Thank you,” I told her as I ran up the steps. I pressed the buzzer and waited.

“Sadler…please.” I said into the intercom. There was no response.

“I want to talk to you,” Still no answer. I went back to Meghan.

“She’s not there,” I said.

“I know where she could be,” Meghan smiled and we were back on the road.

“This is Rob’s apartment…” I trailed as she double parked outside it.

“Look, they ran into each other when she got back from California and they started hanging out. Honestly, I think it was like someone that was close to you to have, while you were away and after everything happened with Jake…I think it helped.” She said nervously.

“Right…he never said anything to me.”

“He didn’t say anything to her either. She’s always frustrated that he won’t tell her more,” Meghan laughed. “But, get the fuck out of my car.”

“I’m going,” I laughed.

I rang the door to his apartment and I was buzzed in immediately, no questions asked. He must have been expecting someone. I knocked on the door and Sadler opened it.

“I thought it was Rob…” She trailed standing in the door.

“I am not marrying Morgan,” I told her. “I don’t know why we haven’t just let it out…we did a good job trying and pretending to be friends, but really we were never meant to be that.”

“I really don’t know right now. Why would you fuck with me like that?” Sadler asked incredulously.

“Who doesn’t love lightening the mood?” I shrugged. She stood there staring at me and not opening the door any wider for me. “Can I come in?”

“Sure…” She said ad walked into the living room, leaving the door open for me.

“Can you stop being angry and just listen to me? I’m not marrying Morgan. I don’t want to marry her,” I said closing the door and walking towards her.

“I’m just having a hard time wrapping my head around that.” She said as she curled up on Rob’s couch.

“Why? It’s the truth,” I sat on the coffee table in front of her.

“I just…you were so upset when she basically said ‘no’ again and now you’re turning down her proposal?” She was looking down and avoiding all eye contact, she was so nervous.

“I don’t want to marry her,” I assured her putting my hands on her knees.

“How did you know I was here?” She asked looking up at me, she was changing the subject.

“Meghan’s outside. She came to the show looking for you…We went to your place and you weren’t there. She said you’d be here…but don’t change the subject.” I said frustrated with her.

“I’m not…you know why I came here?” She asked quietly.

“You’ve been hanging out with Rob, I know.”

“No. I’ve been hanging out with Rob because he gives me a little piece of you when I can’t be with you. He reminds me of what it was like we were together…” She started and uncurled herself and sat with her legs between mine now. “When I woke up in your hotel room and you were gone…” She laughed a bit and looked me right in the eyes. “I saw your note and all these emotions ran through my head. I felt this calm inside me like things were finally falling into place. Like, I was able to redeem myself for my mistakes and you were going to forgive me. Then I felt nervous. I felt nervous for so many reasons.” She took a deep breath in and leaned back into the couch. Sadler placed her feet on the coffee table. “I was nervous because I had a boyfriend at the time. I was nervous because I didn’t want to fall back into something that wasn’t right, even if it felt right. And lastly I felt hopeful, like things were going to be okay.”

“What are you feeling now?”

“I’m feeling like there are very few people that I can actually be who I am with. And you always make me feel comfortable and make me be the best version of myself, which has to mean something.”

“I’m always myself when I’m with you and I’m glad that you feel like you can be yourself. I love who you are…” I told her and pulled her legs closer to me, so we were knee to knee now.

“I know you and Morgan have a lot of history and I don’t really know what I was expecting today. I just knew It was now or never today. I had to tell you how I was feeling because then I wouldn’t be who I am…I don’t know what I was expecting you to say, but I just felt totally crushed after I saw you and Morgan.”

“Did you expect it to be like in the movies? We’d say we loved each other and then ride off into the sunset?” I teased her and tapped on my fingertips on her knees.

“Well, I was hoping we’d make out and then ride off into the sunset,” She smirked.
“I totally missed the making out part.”

“I love you and I’m completely okay with you on tour. I have always supported you and wanted the best for you. I was selfish and young and I regret it every day,” She tapped her fingers on my fingertips that rested on her knees.

“Did you and Rob hook up?” I teased her a bit.

“Yes. Now, ask me out on a date,” Sadler smiled at me.

“You also have not stopped being demanding.”

“Well, you wouldn’t be here if you didn’t want to,” She ran her hands in my hair and down the sides of my face cupping it slightly.

“That’s probably true, but let me go check on Meghan…” I said getting up and going to the door.

“She probably left,” Sadler said standing up.

“I just want to check on her,” I smiled and went downstairs.

Meghan had left. I knew she wouldn't be there. I took out my cell phone and made a call.

“Do you need me to let you back in?” Sadler asked.

“Actually, I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date with me?” I asked her and smiled.

“I’d love to,” She laughed.

“Be ready at 6 a.m. and get a good night’s sleep.” I told her.

“That’s pretty early, but I’ll be ready.”

“Don’t sleep with Rob, okay?” I hailed a cab and looked up at the building once more before getting in the car.

“I can’t make any promises, but because it’s so early in the morning It probably won’t happen.”

“I’ll see you bright and early at your place.”

“My place, yes.”

“Good night, Sadie.”

“Good night, Gabe.” She said and hung up the phone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, again so much for reading, subscribing and commenting on my story! I appreciate it all!

Let me know what you think :o)

Title: "Chase This Light," by Jimmy Eat World