Secrets Never Last

3

I slowly strolled up to my room re-thinking the event that just occurred in the last hour or two. I didn’t understand how things could change so quickly, I mean were we still going to be evil to each other? Were we going to be nice? It didn’t make sense… I suppose I’ll find out tomorrow what will happen.

And I couldn’t wait.

It was hard for me to sleep that night. It took about two hours before I managed to doze off into the dream world. All I could think bout was Emma and how she treated me. I couldn’t wait for her to be nice to me like that again - she gave me this light and happy feeling in my stomach.

That morning I woke early and got dressed after a shower in less than 20 minutes. I was excited to see Emma again. I wanted her to look at me with those eyes again. My steps down the stares were slow and careful, I wanted to listen and see if they were up yet. Unfortunately they were still in bed so I made myself some breakfast – scrambled egg on toast. Mmm.

About an hour later the two trotted downstairs. Lizzy had a big smile on her face for some reason – Most likely just because she was a morning person – I was not and it appeared Emma was not ether.

“Morning guys” I said in a quiet voice. I didn’t want them to know that I was happy to see them, because I’m usually never happy to see Emma.

“Yo” said Lizzy. Emma kept to herself and just kept her eyes on my sister making them both breakfast. I was disappointed that she didn’t look at me or speak to me. But I suppose she just didn’t want to make my sister think something strange was going on. So I left the kitchen and entered the living room to turn on the TV. Friends were on – perfect.

After I watched the double bill of Friends, I heard noices in the hall. Curiosity came over me and I peered around the door to check out what was going on.

“So thanks for having me Liz, I’ll ring you soon, yeah? See you later” Emma said to my sister as she picked up her belongings and turned to leave for the door, she caught my eye and just as I thought she was going to leave with no emotion on her face, she gave me that small smile and a little wink, making sure my sister didn’t see.

That feeling erupted in my stomach once again and I had this little smile on my face the whole time she was leaving. My sister gave me a weird look,

“Freak.” She said and turned to leave for her room. I copied her and went to my own to relax on the computer.

As I opened the door to my room I saw a note on the floor. Slowly I bent down and opened the mysterious piece of paper.

Morning beautiful :) Just thought I’d let you know my phone number, text me sometime – yeah? We can have a chat whilst having a coffee if you’d like, I’m free tomorrow afternoon. Emma xxxx

P.S. You look cute in the morning ;)


I read the note about 3 times before it sunk in. I ran to grab my phone and saved the number to my memory as fast as possible. I thought I’d text her later on that day, just so I didn’t seem so desperate.

I couldn’t wait to get to know Emma, I couldn’t wait to have her eyes look in mine, her hand touch mine, just her. I couldn’t wait.

I had a chance with her and I know I will not let her go easily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Im not so sure abotu this one, hopefully the next will be better.

Let me know what you think :) xx