Status: Under construction, lovlies, but feel free to check out.

Like Air.

Easy, Lucky, Free

Mickaela's Pov

Two Weeks Later

Did it all get real, I guess it's real enough
They got refrigerators full of blood
Another century spent pointing guns
At anything that moves
Sometimes I worry that I've lost the plot
My twitching muscles tease my flippant thoughts
I never really dreamed of heaven much
Until we put him in the ground


I tucked in my legs and curled up on the window seat, my head resting against the cold glass panes, watching the rain streak down. I could here the mellow song flow through the apartment as the stereo played softy.

Bright Eyes. My greatest discovery so far in these past two weeks. My second greatest was this very apartment that I now lived in.

It was a nice, swanky one-room apartment that looked absolutely perfect- except it needed a little TLC. Through the peeling paint and flickering lights, I could see opportunity. And so it was. I bought it that same day, surprisingly for not that much; and ever since, I've been going total weekend warriors on it.

I repainted the walls a nice, soothing sea green, and in some areas a soft baby blue. I left the floors their concrete gray (I didn't have enough money to install hard wood), but I added plush white rugs everywhere. The bathroom was separated by a frosted glass door, you could've mistaken it as a closet. But inside was a sterling sliver shower head, and a tile shower floor. To the left of it was a broom closet-sized section where the toilet was (I brush my teeth in the kitchen sink). You probably wouldn't like it if you're claustrophobic. Or fat.

To the left of the whole apartment was the tiny kitchen section. The counters are granite and the cabinets were a light bamboo shade. The kitchen was complete with a stove, a mini fridge, and a bar area with two stools on the other side.

In the middle of the apartment is a red, cushy love seat and a couple of armchairs, with a glass coffee table in the middle. To the far right, next to the windows, is my bed; it's a pull-down, and it came with the apartment. When the bed is up, all you would see is a dark mahogany rectangle. The bed is adorned with light blue and white pinstripe dust ruffles and sheets, and on top is a light blue plush comforter, finished off with fluffy solid blue or pinstripe pillows. A vase of bright yellow tulips decorate the coffee table, and a bowl of oranges sit on the bar area in the kitchen section. Light pours in from the three large windows near the sleeping area. My dresses stayed in the Mary Poppins chest that I also used as a ottoman, and the red suitcases were stacked in the coat closet.

On the walls, next to my bed, were characteristically rusted hooks (yes, I do recognize the irony in that). I hung up every one of my necklaces on the hooks, and a couple of dresses. I had bought some picture frames, and on the wall parallel to the front door, I hung up the multiple facial compositions of me, and the one self portrait of Castiel. Though it made me want to cry every time I saw them, I'd always gaze up at them before I pulled down the bed and went to sleep.

And as I rested every night, I couldn't help but dream of Castiel and I... Living in a happily ever after alternative universe, where we'd stay together and not even God could separate us...

Then I'd wake up, hair fucked up, with morning breath and dried drool, and I'd sit up in my bed and wonder if Castiel would ever love me the way I loved him.

---

Today was the same as every day before, except the apartment was finally completed. I woke up and cringed at the cold floor, then I shuffled over towards the sink and brushed my teeth as the peaceful rhythm of my life undulated around me. Based off of the relaxing colors I had chosen for the place, I could've sworn I lived near the beach. But after I've made the coffee and escaped to the tiny balcony next to the kitchen, I looked out at the rising sun and saw how it's magical light hit the peaks and dips of Casper Mountain, and made it glow. Then I remembered; I lived by the mountains.

After coffee, I grabbed a bagel with peanut butter, then I left home and joined the early morning city bustle.

I was out looking for a job.

I grabbed a 'job searching' newspaper and I strolled down the street, circling in red ink anything that looked promising.

And I prepared: Last time, I found out that people of Casper don't look too kindly to the gothic tattoos on my arm (it goes all the way to my shoulder blades and goes down my back) or my simple black lip stud. So today I was without it, and I wore a black long-sleeved shirt-dress thing-a-ma-bob and some gray tights underneath, topped off with a pair of vintage cowboy boots.

This time I'd try the General Hospital. It's the kind you go to when you sprain your ankle or something, nothing serious. And seeing that my special Angelic power (which I still had) included the skill of healing, I figured I'd score easy in that department.

I won't bore you with the details. I was interviewed to see if I would be a good nurse.

Did I have a Licensed Practician Degree?

Yes.

Did I spend at least one year hands-on as an intern?

Yes. (a little white lie).

Blah, blah, blah, the doc handed me a registration fill-out sheet thing, some hand shakes and a 'I'll see you Monday', and I left.

Point for me. I got the easiest job I could possibly get, plus it paid pretty well.

---

I came back home later afternoon, a Starbucks coffee cup in my hand and a half a dozen Crispy Creme doughnut box in the other.

Partayyy!

I stopped as I soon noticed a hefty-sized package at my feet. It said my name (Mickaela Arch), my home address, but no return address... I already knew who it was from.

Putting the box of doughnuts aside, and sipping my coffee, I got a pair of scissors and cut open the package.

SCORE!

No, there wasn't any money in it, but, I found something even better.

My Hercules shoes.

Fuck yeah.

I cannot begin to explain to you how awesome these shoes are.

If you've seen the movie Hercules, you know the kind I'm talking about. They look like Gladiator shoes; black leather sandals that has straps that go all the way up to my knees, and on the knee strap is yet again the Devil's Star talisman in a rough iron metal.

I love these things.

I pulled them out and sat them next to me, then I continued going through the box. A couple of more dresses, blah, blah, blah-

Whoa!

No. Effin. Way.

My swords.

There was 15 different blades in there... About seven daggers, two knives, four of what I like to call Peter Pan swords, and two Samurai- inspired swords. Not my entire set, because I had a larger collection, but these 15 were the best ones. They had been recently polished; each one sparkled their steel and gold, and some glinted their rubies or quartz or topaz. My favorite Samurai sword was the one with the rings molted into the curve of the blade. I had know idea why they were there, but they made the sword look even cooler.

After carefully laying them on the love seat- I would hang them up later- I looked through the box to see if there was anything left.

There was.

It was another note. Excitedly, I smoothed the crinkles out and read.

Micky,

Here's your second package. I polished your swords for you before mailing everything off. I hope you're happy to have them back.

Uh... Like I told you before, keep an eye out. There's still trouble lurking around that area, the western states. I'm worried for you, I really am. I know you can take care for yourself, but... We don't know what we're dealing with, but it's been killing lots of people, and we don't know how to stop it. Between you and me, I think Lilith's pulling all of this shit. She usually is. And it's all probably for some stupid purpose. But you never know with her...

But, on a lighter note, I have some good news. Some very good news.

I'm coming to see you tomorrow.

Oh dear Lord.

Just to warn you ahead of time, ha-ha. I'm really excited to see you, and I hope you feel the same.

Hell yeah I felt the same!

Until then, hang tight. You may need your swords.

I love you.

-Cas

9/21/08

Oh my god.

Tears spilled out without warning, and I whipped them back hastily. Two thoughts ran through my mind:

He said it. Those three words that I've been aching to tell him. But... what kind of love did he mean? A friendship sort of love, or the kind of love that I wanted?

I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Tomorrow.

Dear God, tomorrow...

I'll love him tomorrow...

Only a day away.

And yes, I did start singing that Annie song. So sue me.

I impatiently waited for that day to come. After taping the note above my bed, I finished my coffee (that was kinda cold now) and I ate every single doughnut. Today was a day to celebrate. I had the best day of my new life so far.

And none would top it.

---

Finally, night came and I found it an appropriate time to fall asleep. Oh, the dreams I had... I can't tell you about them. I'll tell you this: They weren't exactly pg 13...

Involving some fishnets and my Hercules', I'll tell you that much.

And when I woke up... God, when I woke up, I was easily the happiest woman alive.

Until, that is, I realized that something was wrong.

Instead of waking up to the lovely blue and sea green walls, and the light pouring from the windows...

I woke up to pitch darkness. Was is still dark?

I highly doubted it.

The air... the air was stale and cold and... forgotten...

Like a long, lost secret.

I shivered, and it took me some time to build up the courage to get out of bed.

The floor was a dirty carpet instead of my familiar concrete.

My eyes had adjusted to the darkness, and I could see dusty drapes that blocked any potential light.

I pushed them slightly aside, and peered through the dirty window.

What I saw... oh God...

This wasn't good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where'd she go??? Where???

Oh, by the way, that's the last Mickaela chapter for a while...
I'm gonna focus more on Kirk & Kirsten's side of the story. And I'm about to put up a Nursery Rhyme chapter.

comments?
The title of the chapter was inspired by Bright Eyes- Easy/Lucky/Free