‹ Prequel: Finishing Up

New Beginnings

5. Great, now things are awkward.

Joe's POV

Things have been weird between me and Ella ever since I told her how much I liked her. We still talk, but its like "Hey, later." I keep feeling like its my fault. I got up and walked into my room, closing the door lightly behind me. Instantly, a song poured out and I jotted it down in my song book.

"I can’t get your smile out of my mind
I think about your eyes all the time
Beautiful but you don’t even try
Modesty is just so hard to find

Now I’m speechless
Over the edge, I'm just breathless
I never thought that I’d catch this
Love bug again
Hopeless, head over heels in the moment
I never thought that I’d get hit
By this love bug again"

"That was really good!" I jumped up at the sound of a female voice. For a split second, I was hoping it was Ella. Then I saw Manda's face. Wow, this is really weird. I think I need some sleep.

Ella's POV

I feel bad. I really do. I like Joe, but I just never realized it. I thought I liked him so much because he was a major connection I made to Manda. And he is but, I like him in a different way too. I have to go and tell him, to make things right.

(Later)

"Is Joe home?" I asked Nick, who answered the door.

"Um, I think so. He's upstairs in his room probably." He opened the door inviting me in.

"Okay, thanks Nick." I smiled, walking up the stairs. I knocked on Joe's door, and he moaned. "Go away."

"Joe? Its Ella. Can I talk to you?" I wasn't even finished talking when the door flew open and Joe was hugging me. "I'm so sorry Ella!! I didn't mean to make things weird! I just needed you to know how I felt..." he explained. I hugged back. "Its okay Joe. I like you too. I just needed time to figure it out." I smiled and he grinned back.

"So, do you wanna be my girlfriend?" he asked.

"Yes. Of course I do!" I answered.

"I've been waiting to hear that." he said, smirking. And just to make up for lost time, I kissed him.