Stupid Little Love Song.

Heart Vs. Head.

I sat in my lousy, two-bit bed, writing my lousy, two-bit song in my lousy, two-bit notebook.

"You're on the road to Harvard law,
I'm on the bus to Arkansas.


None of my songs stood out from the others. I got tired of "I love you, I miss you, Just call me, I'll kiss you". I had to do some embellishing.

Your grandma fought in World War II,
Your cousin landed on the moon.
Your mother is a diplomat,
And senator of Connecticut--"


I held onto my bed frame as a train passed on the bridge next to my bedroom window, and my room shook.

"Fish?" my mom called from the hallway.

"Whaaat?"

"Walk Dino in a minute."

"I took him outside."

"That's not enough!"

I rolled my eyes. But soon, I found myself outside, standing outside on the boulevard with my Boston terrier.

"Your sister's got a 4.0,
Your father's got his own talk show."


As Dino popped a squat,, I looked up the street, towards the west.

"Your world looks so far away."

I sighed. "I'll never see him again, Dino." Who was I kidding? I had no business on that side of town, unless I was going to Walgreen's. They were rich, I was not. They were smart, I was not. He didn't really like me. I was just a joke. I might as well have just taken myself back home, and sat to myself all summer. My mom wouldn't appreciate me running off anyway.

...On the contrary, I'd never see him again. Switching schools meant making friends. Okay. But I liked him. And what did I have to lose but that one person, probably the only I knew that thought I was cool.

In the battle of heart versus head, the heart always wins.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiatus no more! I love y'all.