Stupid Little Love Song.

Le Fin de Poisson.

I found myself running west, up the street, down the hill and up to Walgreen's. I tied Dino to the bike rack, and told him I'd be back.

Like an idiot, I scanned the aisles of the store, as if I were actually looking to buy something.

By mistake, I ran into, "Pete?"

"Fiiiiiishhh..." his voice was smooth and quite. "Can I help you look for something?"

"Calabrese." slipped out of my mouth by accident. "No. Um--"

"Ohh. Bobby?... He's not here... Did you try his house?..."

"I don't know where he lives."

"If you go two blocks west, one block north and the second house on the left... He lives there... I go there after work sometimes... Maybe I will today... He has the new Rock Band..."

I repeated it to myself. "Two west, one north, second left. Thanks, Pete!" I ran off.

"...Call me 'Eeeel'..."

"I came here by taxi,
You came by limousine."


Dino and I ran westward two blocks, northward one block and to the second house on the left.

Standing on the front porch of the big, yellow house on the hill with the oak tree blocking the sun, I took a deep breath and knocked on the front door.

A tall, red-haired lady in mom jeans and a salmon-coloured tank answered, and she had the same green eyes as Bobby. "Hi!"

"Hi. I was wondering if... Bobby was home."

"No he;s not. I'm sorry. He should be back soon."

"Okay. Have a good evening."

She looked puzzled. "You too."

I slunk away, severely disappointed.

Who was I kidding? A guy as cool as him wouldn't be home. He'd be out.

I moped, going back where I came from, taking shortcuts through alleys.

Dino began to suddenly panic. He pulled his leash so hard that the force of my head turning sent my classes flying.

"Dino!"

He charged towards another person down the alley, and I had to choose between keeping him in control and finding my glasses. So I picked him up before he could attack.

"Fish?" The person started running towards me, with their dog.

I squinted. "Bobby?"

"Hey!... Don't you normally wear glasses?"

"They... flew off." I smiled nervously.

"Wait." He ran past me, and picked something up. "Here they are."

"Thanks so much." I almost took them, but he put them on for me.

He smirked. "You're pretty either way, you know."

"Thanks." I smiled, melting inside.

"...So..." he shuffled, "wanna hang out? I have the new Rock Band, if you wanna play." We started walking towards his house.

"I've never played."

"You'll have fun. Really."

"Alright. Let's do it."

Though I ended up getting grounded that night, it was just the beginning of my favourite summer.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm a sucker for happy endings. =]
Now, it's time to go back to writing my trashy fanfics. Tee hee.