Because of A Latte

Because of A Latte

---
"Kristen, can you go to starbucks and pick me up a latte?" My mother asked me.
"Do i have to?" I whined.
"Come on Kris. I am busy and craving a latte. Can you please just go and pick me up a latte? Here you can get yourself something too." She handed me a ten dollar bill.
"Fine" I said, dragging out the word.
"ugh." I mumbled under my breath.
I walked the short 5 minute walk to starbucks on this beautiful sunny day and when i got there i walked up to the counter and ordered a caramel frappuccino. I was going to order the latte before I left. I then noticed that it was very crowded and there were no seats left. As I was about to go back to order the latte and leave, a woman stood up from her table and left. I immediately walked over to the table and sat down.

I was sipping my drink and watching the cars drive by when someone walked over to my table. It was a boy who looked to be about my age. He had long dark hair and chocolate brown eyes. He was hot, if I may say so myself.
"Excuse me?"
I looked up
"Yes?" I asked, wondering why this guy was talking to me.
"Well, from the looks of it there are no seats left, mind if I sit here?" He gestured toward the chair across from mine.
"Not at all." I smiled at him.
"I'm joe."
"Nice to meet you. I'm Kristen"
"So are you from around here?"
I nodded still sipping my drink.
"you?"
"Yea. Have we met? I feel like I have seen you before." He asked while curiously examining my face.
"No, I don't think so."
"Well, I have definitely seen you some where before. Hmm. You been to the public pool?"
"Yea! I like live there over the summer!" Now I was excited because I was pretty sure he was going to ask me to meet him there sometime."
"That's cool. Maybe we can hang out there sometime."
"I'd like that." I said smiling, half because he asked me to hang out and half because of my amazing psychic abilities.
We started talking and soon became friends.

---
Joe's P.O.V.

Wow, I just met this girl like what? 1 hour ago, and I feel like I have known her my whole life! It's pretty amazing how two people can have so much in common. I watched as she talked and I sighed dreamily in my head. Oh my God. I think I am falling in love with her. She was funny, sweet, and very pretty. Plus, she seemed like the kind of person who loved to have fun.

After another hour of talking I had bought her and me another drink and we just talked and talked. By now we knew almost everything about each other.
"Listen Kris." I said shyly, rubbing the back of my neck. Wait. Wow, I am never shy around girls, this girl must be really special.
"Hmm?" She looked up at me.
"I know that we just met and all but I feel like I have known you my whole life. And we have so much in common. And I really like you. So, will you be my girlfriend?"
Her eyes grew wide in shock but then she smiled and her face lit up.
"We have only known each other for about 2 hours and I know that that is a really small amount of time for two people to know each other but the whole time I was dying for you to ask me that."

---
Kristen's P.O.V.

I smiled even wider than before when he asked me that and so did he. Then he leaned in toward me and cupped my face in his hands. He gently kissed me. It was a short and sweet but extremely loving kiss.
I have a feeling this was going to be a great relationship, and all because of a latte.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a one-shot I wrote a while back. It's definitely not my favorite, I actually don't think that it is very good at all. But I decided to post it anyway. Feedback? comments and PM's are welcome!