Betting Chances

Green

"Okay, who are you mad at?" I asked Hailey.

If you saw her you'd ask the same thing. Hailey stormed down the street with her hands folded over her chest and her teeth slammed together. I was getting ready to brace myself for any teeth shattering and shards flying everywhere.

She shook her head and her mood changed almost instantaneously. "Nothing. No one. Absolutely no one. I'm fine. I'm just peachy. Perfect! Why do you ask?!" She suddenly shrieked.

"Chill! I was just wondering!"

She sighed, "Sorry. I'm just a little stressed out."

"Clearly."

"Don't push it."

"You still love me." I stuck my tongue out at her.

"Yea, yea, yea." She rolled her eyes. "I just wanna take a bath or something."

"You better rejuvenate and prepare what you're wearing to the party tomorrow."

"Crap! I forgot."

"Yea, so, I'm gonna go out for coffee and read some stories online while you.. Do whatever you do." I nodded.

"Fine! Abandon your sister in her time of need!"

"Sarcasm is not needed!"

"Oh, I think it is!"

I rolled my eyes, "Whatever, you're a hobo."

"A hobo that needs a venti iced green tea from Starbucks." Hailey pouted.

"Yea, yea, yea. You owe me."

"Well, duh, I know that."

The party the next day.

Hailey finally calmed down enough to take a nap and clear her head enough to pick out her outfit for tonight. She seemed to be back to normal. Better not jinx it with any doubts.

"Ready, Jesse?" She called from the first floor.

"Coming!" I ran down the stairs to my sister in a huff. "So are you gonna finally do something about Zack?"

"I am determined to kiss that boy tonight. And if I don't, feel free to kill me because I have no purpose in life."

"Ugh, don't be so dramatic."

"Am not."

"Are, too."

"Am not!"

"Are, too, times infinity!"

"Am not times infinity plus one!"

I rolled my eyes, "That's the same thing as infinity."

Hailey shrugged, "In my mind, I won." She grabbed her light blue clutch. "Let's get a move on, twinner."

I chuckled and followed my sister to her car.

~~

Shocker that I lost Hailey within minutes of getting to the party. I guess the brainiac must always be left behind..

"Hey, gorgeous." Someone whispered into my ear.

I smiled, "Are you who I think you are?" I turned around to see Jack with a red rose.

"Aw," I held the rose to my nose. "Did you dye your hair again?" I chuckled.

He ran his fingers through his hair, "Ha, yea. The highlights got old. Not to mention, people started asking me if I was queer 'cause, you know, skinny jeans plus highlights equals not-so-straight guy to some."

I giggled and set my lips on his, "Well, thanks for setting the record straight. I like it. You look cute."

Jack took the rose from my hands and set it on the table beside us, placing his hands on my waist while my hands were on his chest. We swayed side to side with the music as he kissed me sweetly.

He pulled away, "Want something to drink?"

"Yea," I smiled.

"I'll be right back," Jack kissed me once more.

I sighed with a smile on my face and leaned up against the nearest wall. He's freaking perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hailey.
Jesse.