Betting Chances

Therapy

"JACK!" I sat up within two seconds of having Jack's face enter my mind. But by the time my eyes were open and the fog was gone, I realized something. Jack's not here.

I was in my room. Although, I can't really remember why or how I got here.

I rubbed my eyes and sat upright. It was only now that I noticed the boy that was sitting upright on a chair at the foot of my bed.

My eyes grew wide, "Who the hell are you?!" I shrieked.

He shuddered and held on to the edge of my bed to steady himself, "Huh?!"

"Who are you!"

"Uh, I'm Rian? Wow, you really were drunk last night weren't you?" He chuckled.

"Oh, God. We didn't get married, did we?!" I started examining my hands.

He just laughed even harder, "No, I don't think so. Do you remember anything from last night?"

"I, uh," I placed my hands on my head to try and recall anything. "I remember going to the party with Hailey. A-and then I met up with Jack, and we started kissing, and--Jack."

Jack dumped me last night.

"Oh, my God!" Tears started spilling out of my eyes.

"Okay, please don't cry--" Rian stood up out of his seat and took both of my hands. "Come on."

"How can I stop crying!" I sobbed. "Jack--He's--We're not--" I buried my face in my pillow, pulling my hands away from him and just cried. I let out a small scream in frustration.

"Alright, come here." Rian pulled me out of my position and into his chest.

I just cried into his shoulder for a good ten minutes. He just hushed me every so often. I must say it did make me feel better. I haven't even cried on my own sister's shoulder. But crying on a guys shoulder--it's definitely liberating to say the least.

After those ten minutes, I sat up.

"You good now?" Rian smiled.

I took a deep breath and let it out, still shaking. "Not really. But I feel a little better."

"Good." He smoothed out my hair, still smiling. "Let's try and keep it that way."

I sighed, "Sorry."

"For what?"

"Sorry, that you had to leave the party early. Sorry for the fact that you had to sleep on that uncomfortable chair. Sorry for soaking your shirt."

"Hey, you couldn't help any of those."

"Still." I looked about the room only to find Hailey's bed empty. "Where's Hailey?"

"She's downstairs with Zack."

"I thought they were going out to dinner?"

"They are. But after we got you back home, I told her to go back to the party. She ended up coming back with Zack like twenty minutes later. He spent the night." He snickered.

I shook my head, "I'm honestly trying to figure out why you're here. Why are you being so nice to me?"

Rian shrugged, "Because being nice comes naturally to me? I don't know."

I sat up against the wall above my bed, "I messed up so badly last night." My voice was barely audible.

Rian slipped off his shoes and sat down beside me. "There was nothing you could've done."

I shook my head as I started to sniffle.

"Hey, please, don't cry again." He put his arm around me and pulled me into a hug.

I automatically hugged back. This was my form of therapy: crying, stopping, explaining, then crying again.

"Come on, let's get you some lunch." Rian stood up and extended his hand out to me.

"What happened to breakfast?"

"You kind of slept through breakfast." He continued to laugh.

"Stop laughing at me!!" I chucked a pillow at his face.

He caught the pillow which led me to believe that it wasn't one of my smartest ideas. "Let's go." He helped me out of bed.

~~

I think if my head wasn't booming, I would've acted.. No, I would have acted the same.

Hailey and Zack were eating each others faces out when Rian and I got to the kitchen.

Mom must not be home yet..

Hailey was sitting on the kitchen counter with Zack positioned in between her legs. She had her fingers tangled in his hair while his hands were keeping himself upright so he wouldn't fall on top of her.

I held my stomach to keep from gagging. "I'm not hungry."

"Jesse!!" Hailey said out of surprise resulting in he and Zack falling to the floor, her on top of him.

"Don't let me interrupt Zack from flossing your teeth with his tongue, I'll just go back to sleep." I tried to turn around, but Rian made sure I wasn't going anywhere.

"No, wait!" She ran up to me. "How are you?"

I shrugged, "I'm fine, I guess."

"Aw," she pulled me into another hug. "Do you want to go to the mall? I'll buy you something from H&M?"

I shook my head, "I don't really care what we do. I'm so tired."

And my day was only beginning.