Betting Chances

Jealousy

I think I've seen every outfit, every shoe, every possible pattern in this mall, and I don't think I want to see anymore.

"Hailey, can we just go home now? I really don't feel like doing this." I sighed. It was to the point where I was just walking around so I didn't have to be at home.

"Jesse, you didn't even buy anything." Hailey said, clearly frustrated yet accomplished by the fact that she had purchased almost everything from the stores that mattered.

"I don't have to buy anything to know that I've seen enough and don't want any of it. The only thing I want doesn't want me back." I folded my arms across my chest, keeping myself together.

"Sis, you've got to get over Jack." She sat me down near the Starbucks kiosk. "I know it's going to be hard, but you have to."

"But I don't want to," I told her seriously. "I want him back. I want to be able to say he's mine." I sat back and closed my eyes. They felt sore from my crying session before lunch.

Rian and Zack went home just after lunch, leaving me and Hailey in an awkward silence that she felt meant that I wanted to go shopping. It really really didn't.

Hailey almost frowned at my statement. "How exactly do you plan on doing that?"

"I don't know. I don't care, but I will." I opened my eyes then slouched forward. "Let's just go home, we have school tomorrow."

~~

"Jack, please, just talk to me!" I ran after Jack down the hallway. I wasn't giving up that fast.

Jack just shook his head, stopping just short of his locker.

"Jack, I'm sorry. I was drunk, and it's not as if I kissed him. He kissed me." I grabbed his arm. "Say something?"

At this point, I think I was just desperate to hear his voice. I felt the tears welling up inside me.

"Jack?" My voice barely whispered.

He sighed, still not making eye contact with me. "I'm sorry, Jesse. But I don't think I can kiss the lips that taste my best friend.. Ex. Ex-best friend." Jack tore his arm away from me and left for his class, leaving me by his locker.

I could feel my cheeks stinging as the tears slid down my face. I ran my fingers through my hair, taking a deep breath as I did.

"You okay?"

I turned around to find to find Rian there.

I bit my lip then shook my head.

"Oh, I want you to meet someone." He said. Rian ran off then came back with a girl, about his height. Her long brown hair suited her perfectly tan skin very well. She smiled, almost blinding me with pearly white teeth. "This is my girlfriend Kara."

"Hi, Jesse." She smiled again while shaking my hand.

"Hi, Kara." I gave her a slight smile. Of course he has a girlfriend. Then again, why wouldn't he?

"Jesse, do you have a date to the school dance yet?" Kara asked me suddenly.

I shook my head, "I don't think I'm going." Nope, not after this.

"You should go! I'm going shopping for a dress some time this weekend. Do you and your sister want to come?" She asked excitedly.

I smiled, "Sure. Why not?"

"Awesome." Kara beamed. "Well, I'm gonna catch up and head to my class." She kissed Rian on the lips then ran off to wherever she was heading.

"So," Rian looked over to me. "Have you talked to Jack?"

I nodded. I think if I say anything I'll start crying again.

"What'd he say?"

"Nothing that I want to repeat."

"Aw, man. I'm sorry." He hugged me softly.

We stood there for a couple of minutes until Rian had to go to his class. All I could think of doing after that was just to slide to the floor against the locker quad.

"You okay?"

I looked up just to see Alex standing in front of me. His cheek was no longer red.

I shrugged.

Alex put his books on the floor and sat beside me. "Look, Jesse--"

"No." I said abruptly. "You look. I just got dumped by the only guy that I ever really cared about and I didn't even do anything."

"Jesse, just listen to me."

"Whatever, go away." I stood up, quite clumsily. The back of my heels slipped causing me to fall back.

Alex caught memuch to my dismay.

I pushed him away. "UGH!"

"Jesse, come on, I'm just being nice."

"Nice? You were just being nice? Oh, so it's nice when you basically make me break your best friends heart?!" I shoved him. "You are such an asshole! I'm getting Jack back with or without your..help."

A plan phased into my head. Now how does someone usually get a loved one back? Why didn't I see it before? Jealousy, duh. Zack and Rian are out of the question. But there is one person that will hit Jack so hard that it could stop his heart.

Date Alex to make Jack jealous? Why, you took the words out of my mouth!

I spun around to face Alex. "Listen to me."

Alex stood frozen.

"I love Jack. I'm willing to do anything to get him back. And you're going to help me." I folded my arms across my chest.

Alex raised his eyebrows. "I am?"

"You are."

"Uh, how?"

"I'm going to make Jack jealous."

"By..?"

"Dating his best friend."

Alex's eyes grew wide. "Are you insane?! Your sister is about to fucking kill me for even talking to you right now, but date you?! Especially to get back with Jack?! That's suicide!"

"Oh, chill, I'll talk to Hailey. But you are helping me whether you like it or not. Face it, Gaskarth, you owe me."

He bit his lip. "Fine, I'll do it."

Okay, sure I felt guilty about this, but like I said. I'm going to do anything to get Jack back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooooooh!

SIERRA I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY.