Betting Chances

Hope

Hailey and I walked into school, anxiously waiting for the bell to ring. You couldn't imagine how much I wanted the day to be over. I just wanted for these exams to be over so that pool party would start already. I mean, what a better way to end the year? Perfect score on a final and a pool party after.

"You going to look for Jack?" Hailey asked as she turned the knob on her locker door.

I shrugged, "Thinking about it."

She rolled her eyes with a smile, "If you don't, he will."

"Well, then I'd know how he really feels then won't I?" I said in the 'as a matter of fact' manner. "What about you? Going to run about and find Zack in a couple of seconds?" I laughed.

Hailey closed her locker, "Maybe. I'm thinking about it." She let out a contented sigh. "I really like him, Jesse."

"I can tell." I smirked.

"It's just.. I hope I'm not going too in over my head." Hailey bit her lip. Her black hair fell to one side. "I mean, I don't even know if he feels the same way about me." Her voice cracked.

"Of course he does!" I slammed my locker door shut. "Now, go and find him. You're lack of hyper-ness is freaking me out."

She smiled, "I'll go find him after the exam. It doesn't even feel like one of our last weeks of school."

I shrugged, "I'm just waiting for it to be over already."

"Hey, Jesse."

Jack stood behind me with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Jack." I leaned up against my locker, my cheeks slowly turning burgundy.

"I'm going to leave you two alone." Hailey put her hand on my shoulder, "Catch you later, sis." She headed to her next class.

"So." Jack started. "I've been thinking about that kiss.."

"What about it?" I held on to his hand as he moved in closer.

"I don't think it lasted long enough." His lips barely scraped against mine.

"Well, let's see if we can fix that." I smirked. My lips touched his, and that same sweet sensation flooded me.

Jack cupped my cheeks in his hands.

"PDA!!" Someone beside us screamed.

"Jesus, Alex." Jack sighed as he unlocked our kiss.

It was that boy from my AP french class. Alex, as Jack had said. His hair was yet again a mess, but it looked as if he styled it that way. His black skinny jeans clung to him just as his skin did and the white v-neck he wore held a hole in it just at the bottom.

"Relax, man." Alex laughed. "I see you've got everything under control." He turned his glance to my direction. "Alex," he held out his hand to me.

"Jesse."

He nodded, "Where's your sister? Zack's looking for her."

"She ran off to her class. But you better tell Zack to act fast because she doesn't think that he likes her." I folded my arms across my chest.

"I'll be sure to tell him." Alex took a good look at me. "Are you a goody-goody?"

"Dude, shut up." Jack warned him.

"Chill, man. I'm just kidding." Alex laughed.

"No, I'm not." I said quickly. "Snuck out quite a bit of times, twice to get tattoos, a few others for parties. Haven't gotten caught yet."

"Tattoos?" He scoffed. "You don't look like the type."

"Well, that's just because I got the tattoos where you can't see them." I turned to Jack and gave him one last deep kiss. "Later, babe." I winked then made my way to my next class.

If there's one thing that just irks me, it's a guy who stereotypes a girl. So typical.

Alex's Point of view.

"Why didn't you tell me she acted like that?!" I looked at Jack. "That's kind of hot."

"Hey, lay off my girl, Alex." He cautioned.

"No worries, man. I'm not like that." I held up innocent hands. "I'm just saying."

Jack rolled his eyes, "So how's your search for Diamond?"

"Not so good." I sighed. "I don't even know where to start."

"Maybe she'll be at the pool party later." He suggested.

"I can only hope, right?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hailey
Jesse