Betting Chances

Really

"Jack, don't you dare." I watched as Jack walked up to me with a questionable look in his eyes.

"Relax, Jesse, I won't do anything." He smiled.

"Jack--Jack, don't you even think about--" I let out a piercing scream. "JACK PUT ME DOWN!!"

Jack swung me up over his shoulder, "Not gonna happen, babe!"

I swung helplessly as Jack tossed me into the pool. I fell to the water with a hard splash that sprayed the perimeter of the pool.

"Jack Bassam Barakat, you are a total jerk." I pouted while water drizzled down the sides of my head.

"Yea, but I'm a sexy jerk." He smirked.

"Oh, yea, sure you are." I grabbed his hand and yanked him down with me. "And now you're a soaked sexy jerk. So look who is laughing now!!" I laughed at him victoriously.

"Uh, still me!" Jack pushed me up against the side of the pool.

"You are really mean to me, you know that?" I laughed.

"Yes, I do know that." He kissed me sweetly. "Forgive me?"

"Oh, I don't know.." Liar.

Jack gave me his puppy dog face, "Pweasey? Jack is sowey.."

"You're adorable when you apologize." I laughed.

"Pfft." He rolled his eyes. "I'm adorable regardless."

"Yea." I nodded. "Yes, you are." I gave him a soft smile.

I sighed contentedly as Jack wrapped his arms around me. I coiled mine around his neck.

"If you two are done making out, I'd like to talk to my sister." Hailey called with a smirk.

I gave Jack one last kiss then climbed out of the pool. "What's good?"

"What the hell did Jack say to Alex?" She pulled me over to the side.

I shrugged, "How should I know?"

"Well, for starters it looked like you were brushing your teeth with his tongue about two seconds ago."

"Okay, ew. And two, I don't kiss like that. And three. EW!"

Hailey rolled her eyes, "Whatever. Can you just ask him? Zack is worried and he won't relax."

"Ugh, fine." I walked over to Jack, regretting what I had to ask him.

Jack was still in the pool, his back against the side of the edge. He closed his eyes as the sun's rays hit him. I almost regretted disturbing him.

I climbed into the pool and went to his side.

Jack's eyes opened, "Had a very moving conversation with your sister?" He smiled.

I shrugged, "You could say that."

"Hey, you okay?" He moved in front of me.

I nodded, "Yea, I'm fine."

"Alright.."

"What'd you say to Alex?" I said quickly.

Jack's uplifting expression suddenly turned around to a pained look. "I'd rather not talk about that."

"Oh." I immediately wanted to rewind to thirty seconds ago.

"Look, Jesse, I didn't mean to snap at you, but it's kind of private and between me and Alex." He sighed.

"It's alright, I get it."

Jack smiled slightly and placed his hand on my cheek. "Can I tell you something?"

"Of course."

"I think I might," He bit his lip. "I think I might love you. But I mean, you don't have to say you love me back because I understand if you don't, we've only been dating like a couple of days, but I really do care about you--I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

I laughed, "Yea, you are, just like you did when you first asked me out."

"You remember that?" He smiled.

"How could I? And believe it or not, Jack, I think I might love you, too."

"You do?" His eyes lit up.

"Yes, Jack. I love you."

"Well, I love you, too, Jesse." His lips touched mine softly. "I really love you."