Betting Chances

Bet

"Jesse?"

Hm?

"Jesse."

Hm.

"Jesse, are you listening to me?!"

"Huh, oh, yea, totally."

My head was suddenly thrown back as a result of Hailey slapping me. "Oh, yea. The hell you're listening to me."

"What was that for?" I glared at her.

"You have been staring at Jack for the past half hour from across the hall, and he's been staring at you--WHY don't you two just walk up to each other and start making out already?"

I sighed, "Jack, is so cute."

"And again, YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME!!" Hailey rolled her eyes.

"But he is cute." I pouted.

"Yes, I know that, dear sister. But you have not been listening to me, and it's kind of aggravating. Now I know how you feel whenever I start blabbing off about Zack.." She frowned.

"Exactly." I smirked, not taking my eyes off Jack for one second. "He is so cute."

"Jesse, you fail at life." Hailey crossed her arms over her chest.

"Do not."

"Uh, yea, you do. I don't even know why we're here."

"To see our exam scores remember?"

"Exams scores are a bunch of doodoo cakes, okay?"

"Doodoo cakes?"

"Yes, and I copyrighted that, so no using it."

"Whatever."

"Will you just go talk to Jack already?" She nudged me forward.

"Fine by me." I left Hailey and walked over to Jack who ended up meeting me halfway. I smiled, "Hey, there."

"Hey," he smiled while giving me s soft kiss. "Party tomorrow, you going?"

I shrugged, "Thinking about it."

"Well, how about going as my date?" He snickered.

"That I can manage."

"Sounds good." He kissed me sweetly.

"Stop trying to steal her tonsils, Barakat." Hailey walked up behind up.

"Can't help it." He shrugged with a slight laugh.

"Oh, you two are so cute together." She squealed.

"Why don't you look for Zack? He's been talking about you lately." Jack told her.

"He has?" Hailey's face lit up. "He has!"

"Ha, yea. He's around here somewhere with Alex.."

"Bye, guys!" She took off in a different direction.

Hailey's Point of View.

I ran down the hallway, looking for any trace of Zack or Alex. The halls were empty, making my heavy breaths echo.

I turned around the corner only to have to turn back around.

Zack and Alex leaned up against the lockers having a conversation that I really think I wasn't supposed to hear.

"What are you going to do about this?" Zack said. "Are you really risking your friendship with Jack because of this girl?"

What? I am so lost right now.

Alex sighed, "I don't know, man. I don't want to mess this up for him. He really cares about her.."

"Don't you care about her, too?"

"Yea, but she doesn't know that. And at this point I don't think she'll ever know."

I really missed something.

"Alex, you have to tell Jesse how you feel."

Jesse? What about Jesse?

"I can't do it."

I heard Alex make his way over to my direction. I had no time to run, no time to panic even. The only thing I could really do now is..stand here.

Alex walked right past me. He suddenly stopped in his tracks halfway down the hall then turned around to see me.

"Hailey?"

"Oh," I feel like a deer in the headlights. "Hey, Alex."

"Did you hear any of that?" He made a fast pace up to me.

"Uh, maybe."

"Hailey."

"Fine, yes, I heard the tail end of it."

"Hailey, you can't tell Jesse or Jack about this." He pleaded.

"Look, Alex. I'm not very fond of you, and I don't even know what's going on right now. I should just go back to Jesse--"

"I'm the one who slept with Jesse at the party." He said abruptly.

"You?" I blinked a couple of times, letting his words sink in. "You?! YOU are the one that made my sister lose something that was precious to her?! How could you do that to her!"

"I was drunk! I didn't know what was going on!"

"Don't you dare ruin this for her, Alex. She's finally happy with Jack. And I don't want an asshole like you wrecking their relationship." I hissed.

"Hailey, will you just listen to me? I never meant to her Jesse. I really like her. And I swear I won't do anything to jeopardize their relationship." He said calmly.

"Sure, I bet you won't." I turned my heel and left.

Sarcasm is definitely something that runs in my family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Doodoo cakes is copyrighted by my best friend Meyoung. Use it and I will go asian ninja on your butt.

Jesse
Hailey