Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

When I get home, You're so dead.

“Have I ever told you how much I hate airplanes?” Jesse said to me as we sat desperately counting the seconds until we land.
We were flying back to New York from Austria, which is where we had been for the past three months. I’m a tour manager for Outerloop Management. I usually work with bands like Emmure, Himsa, and Darkest Hour. I loved my job; I loved the artists I worked with. Emmure was like family to me rather than a client. I lived in New York, I moved there when I was five from Zagreb, Croatia.
“Yes, Jesse you tell me that every time we have to go on an air plane.” I told him shaking my head.
“So what’s on your agenda while we have off?” He asked me.
“I think they’re sending me out with Darkest Hour and Recon.” I told him.
“How do you do it? Why can you just like request to be solely our tour manager?”
“Because, I know every major tour we put out will never run smoothly if I’m not making sure everyone is at van call on time, and not put obscene requests on the rider.” I told him.
“Oh how I am so lost with out you.” He said over dramatically.
“Would you shut the fuck up already?” Frankie growled from the seat in front of us.
“Aww is Frankie sad that he’s leaving Europe?” I coed.
“Fuck you too.” He added making me and Jesse snicker.
“Only three hours left.” I said putting my headphone over my ears. “Try and sleep.” I told Jesse as he did the same.
Soon enough I heard the sounds of The Banner lulling me to sleep. I managed to wake up just in time for the landing.
“Jesse, we’re home.” I said nudging him.
“Pantera bread!” He said excited.
“I’m not driving out to Long Island so you can get a sandwich.” I told him as I felt my stomach flip as we touched the ground.
“Fine, besides don’t you have a meeting with the boss tomorrow?” He asked as we unfastened our seatbelts.
“Yeah, I’m kind of worried though.” I told him.
“Please, you’re the best they have they’re not firing you that’s for sure.” He assured me as we stood up and stretched our legs.
“I guess.” I nodded.
We all said our good byes at the airport, I grabbed a cab home. I live in Brooklyn, my paycheck is enough to let me live comfortably and get by on just the basics. By the time I got home it was about noon, just as I got in the door I pretty much had enough time to shower, and change in to something more formal and left.
“Isabella!” My boss greeted me as I walked in to the restaurant I was told to meet him at.
“Hello sir.” I said shaking his hand and taking a seat across from him.
We were at a restaurant in the east village seemed like a French place honestly.
“How was the tour? I heard nothing but amazing reports.” He told me.
“Everything went great. The guys sold out shows almost every night, and sold a lot of merchandise.” I told him.
“Any problems?”
“Not at all.” I said as we ordered our food. “Now I’m ready for the Darkest Hour tour.” I told him taking a sip of my water.
“About that.” He began. “There’s a reason why I asked to see you today.” He told me.
“Oh” I choked out, I’m pretty sure my heart just stopped.
“So every now and then I get in contact with higher management groups.” He told me.
“Alright, but what does that have to do with me?” I asked confused.
“They usually ask me if I have any tour managers I believe would greatly benefit from working for them.”
“Okay.”
“So, Absolute Management is looking for a new tour manager because they’ve just lost their best one. And frankly Isabella you have so much potential I think you’re ready for the next level.” He told me.
“What? No, what next level? I’m the best you have. Why would you get rid of me?” I asked in disbelief.
“I am not getting rid of you, look if I don’t push you you’ll never try to go farther.”
“Why would I want to? I love working for you, I love working with Emmure. I mean if anything just make me Emmure’s permanent tour manager?”
“Look, Isabella I hired you because you know you’re shit. And because you’re coming from the same place all the clients come from. You’re a typical hard-core kid with a heart of gold and a very strong ambition for success. You’re the best tour manager Outerloop has, but that doesn’t make you the best tour manager. You have to tread new waters or you’ll never perfect your trade.”
“I don’t even think I’ve heard any band in that group.” I confessed.
“You don’t have to, look you’ll always have a guaranteed spot here in the Outerloop family. However if you do not take this opportunity I’m afraid I will fire you.” He told me.
“Well then I guess that doesn’t leave me with a lot of choices.” I said with a chuckle.
“So shall I arrange a meeting with the head of Absolute?”
“Yes sir.” I told him.
“You won’t regret this, and you’ll make Outerloop all proud of you.” He smiled
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is my newest idea, something very different for me. I'm not going to reveal too much just yet. However I hope you like it.