Sequel: Love's Requiem

Everything I'm Not

Venom and Hope

The interview was like any other interview after I finished that one I met up with the guys and headed to the other one.

“So things with Bella are good?” Jack asked me as we followed Bella to where the signing was.

“Okay, but not exactly what I would have liked.” I told him.

“Friends?”

“Yup.” I nodded. As she handed us sharpies as we all took a seat at the table.

The whole time Bella kept checking her phone and I think texting someone.

“So Bella, now that we have two hours until we have to go on, can I offer to buy you a hot dog?” Jack said putting his arm around her.

“Sure, but I have to run back to the bus quick.” She told him.

“Works for me.” He said as we all headed back to the bus.

“So Bella, any bands you’re looking forward to seeing?” I asked her.

“Yup.” She shouted from the bathroom where I think she was changing.

“Like who?”

“This shitty Baltimore band called All time low, and an even shittier band from New York and Connecticut called Emmure.”

“That’s all?”

“No I’m gonna go watch The Banner in a half an hour as well as The Devil wears prada and I’m so going to watch snoop
dogg tonight.” She said as she came out of the bathroom in normal clothes.

“You realize we dress the same?” I asked her looking her up and down, she had this long sleeved hood shirt with some
design in gold, tight black jeans, white and tan high top dunks, and a brown dodger’s fitted.

“No, you dress like me for I’ve been rocking this look since I was like 19.” She corrected. “And I wear more make up than you.” She added as her and Jack left.

I didn’t see her or Jack until it was time for us to go on, She was busy making sure everything was set up right, and
laying down the set lists when I noticed Emmure was starting to bring their equipment to the neighboring stage.

“Hey Jesse what time are you guys going on?” I asked him walking up to him.

“20 minutes after you.” He laughed. “Have a great set man.” He added.

I went up the stage steps and grabbed my guitar, as we all headed on to the stage making the crowed roar. From time to time I’d glance over at the side of the stage to see if Bella was there. She stood there with Jesse looking intently at all of us. He seemed to have the same sentiment on his face at well. I swear the two of them could be attached at the hip. When we finished she was already helping her friends on the other side. Jack and I figured we’d stick around and watch.

“Now remember Frankie happy face no angry face.” Bella was telling her friend as she was hugging Jesse tightly.

“Yeah, yeah,” The guy said shaking his head.

“So Bella did you like our set?” I asked her as she stood in front of Jack and I.

“I think it was amazing except you suck.” She laughed as their intro finished.

“Love you too Bella.” I shouted.

She watched happily shouting the words out loud, bobbing her head, dancing around with Jack like idiots. This had to be the happiest I’ve seen her since December, which made me happy.

“Bella, get you Balkan fucking ass out here.” Frank shouted.

She stood behind Jack shaking her head no, until I pulled her out with me.

“Thank you guy whose name I forgot.” Her friend said as he put an arm around her.

“Alex!” Jesse yelled while he was fixing his amp.

“Alex, whatever. Anyway, now Bella in the sprit of the old times you’re going to help doing back ups and like it.” He told
her giving her another mic.

I watched her shake her head, and go over to Jesse with the mic.

“Good, now this next song is called False love in real life.” He said as the music started. “Let Me take my time.” He started and took Bella by the hand.

“Let me work things out.” Bella growled.

“I could have been the man you’re dreaming of.” He continued.

“Hey Alex this song could be almost about you.” Jack yelled in my ear over the music.

“Just get on your knees.” She continued.

Part of me really didn’t want to be here for this, why do I get the feeling that at least one of t hem knows what happened and this is supposed to be a big slap in the face to me without her even knowing it.

“By the way, Bella is in fact Jesse’s wife.” Her friend said as she walked off, after the song finished.

“Bella got married in Vegas?” Jack asked confused as she resumed her place with us.

“Yup.” She nodded.

“You seriously did?” I asked worried.

“In our own strange non-legal way.” She laughed as we continued to watch Emmure. “You like the song Alex?” She
asked.

“Uh yeah.” I told her as she nodded.

So does this now mean that her and Jesse were dating or something? It really didn’t seem that way.

We were driving to Chicago that night, and staying in a hotel for the next two days.

“Jesse!” Bella screeched as he was picking her up.

“What?” He laughed.

“Put me down I have to go do big people stuff.” She told him.

“But I can’t be separated, are we getting a divorce?” He asked putting her down.

“Of course not boo.” She laughed hugging him. “I’ll see you in September.” She said sadly.

“Don’t look so fucking sad you’re going to Hawaii! And besides hopefully we’ll get to warped.” He assured her.

“Okay. Bye bye” She told him following me on to the bus.

“Stay out of trouble Bella!” He shouted to her as he walked off.

“Bella you need a hug?” I asked her.

“Mmmhmm” She nodded looking like a five year old.

“Aw” I laughed hugging her. “You have me, I could be your new husband.” I told her.

“I don’t think Jesse would like that.”

“Good point, well when you and him divorce I’ll make you my wife.” I told her.

“Sounds like a plan.” She told me grabbing the box of pop tarts that were sitting on the counter. “Ha look they come with temp tattoos.” She laughed looking at a small piece of paper that fell out of the box. “I’ll leave it here for you Alex so maybe you’ll be almost as cool as me.” She laughed and headed to the back.