Beautiful, Dirty, Rich

Trois

xxxxxXXXXImage

"Leana, I don't know." I frowned, looking at the television screen with the phone hanging between my shoulder and my ear.

"Kat," She said, "You're not aloud to say no. You're my cousin, you're like obliged to say yes and feel honored." She was now laughing. I couldn't help but smile. Leana was the only member in the family whom I still kept in touch with. My parents lived in Montreal and I wasn't too great at the whole long-distance thing. If they wanted to talk, they'd call.

"I'll have to talk to my boss, Leana," I sighed, "I don't know if he'd let me off for two weeks."

"I don't care, Kat. I'm not taking no for an answer. Besides, you'll get to see the whole family and celebrate with me. Comon, please! This is the most important day of my life, you have to be there." She begged. I laughed at how cute she was being. Leana was finally getting married to her dream man. I'd never met the man before, but by the way she talked about him, he seemed like an okay guy.

I gave up, there was no use arguing with Leana. She always got what she wanted, besides, how could I really say no to being her maid of honor. We've been extremely close since I can remember. We'd share our secrets during sleepovers, plan on which guys we would hook up with at parties, and talked about which guys had a bigger penis- the quarterback or the soccer star. We were inseparable. Of course I was going to be her maid of honor.

"Quit begging you dumbass," I laughed, "You damn well know I wouldn't say no. I better get a nice dress though, because if I don't, you're going to have hell to pay." I smiled.

"I love you, I love you, I love you!"

"I know, me too. So uhm," I paused, "Any hot married or single men going to be attending your wedding?" I smiled, this was the perfect event to chat it up with some hot lad's and get some action.

"Jimmy's friends are pretty good looking. You'd like them, especially-"

"Great. I'll call you tomorrow Leana, bye." I cut her off, hanging up the phone. I sighed and finally took a sip of my coffee. It had been a week since I last had sex with Mark, or with anybody. I guess it kind of pissed me off that Mark was going to try and work things out with his wife. It wasn't a bad thing that he wanted to work things out with his wife, but let's face it, things weren't going to get better between the two, and when he comes crawling back for more sex, I'll kick the dumbass out my door.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I straightened my skirt out and knocked on Mark's office door.

"Yea, come in." He yelled from the other side. I took a deep breath and turned the door knob, walking into his office. The fact that I needed his permission to get two weeks off didn't make me happy. Besides, I didn't want to see his face right now.

"Mark," I looked at him and kindly smiled, trying to be kind, "I need to ask you something important, and before you say no, think about it. It would mean a lot to me." I said.

"What is it, Kat?" He sighed, sipping on his warm black coffee.

"I need two weeks off of work." I nervously said, expecting him to turn red.

"No. No way."

"Mark, my cousin's getting married and she wants me to be the maid of honor. I have to go." I begged. Never in a million years would I have thought I would be the one begging Mark, for anything. Leanna owed me so much.

"Where is this?"

"California. That's why I need to weeks off. My cousin wants me to finalize some things with her, try the dress on, rehearse, etc."

"When do you leave?" He asked.

"I'd be leaving in three days."

"Have you finished that article you were working on yesterday?" He frowned, obviously not happy with the idea that one of his best writers would be gone for two weeks. Well fuck him.

"Yes, I finished last night. I can send it to you via mail tonight when I get home." There was no way he'd say no, he couldn't. If I planned on getting laid, I had to make it to this wedding. And of course, celebrate Leana's last days of freedom.

"Fine, but I expect you to work on another article for the next issue while you're gone." He narrowed is eyes, looking at me. I frowned. Vacation and I still have to work? What the fuck was Mark doing, punishing me or something?

"Are you serious? Where the hell do you expect me to find time to write? I have to help with a wedding here. You know, deal with a stressful bride, arrange the guest seats for the reception, make sure the cake is doing fine, go pick up her dress and do last minute fittings.. Mark, I'm sorry, but I can't find time." I took a deep breath and sighed. I wasn't actually going to do all those things, I just didn't want to work on my free time. Besides, I had a wedding 'date' to find, and I had two weeks on the dot to find him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter Three!
I figured it was time for an update.
comment, please.
i don't know if i'm going to be continuing this story
because i don't get a lot of feedback on it.