Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter One

The thought of school has always made teenagers shudder. The way that certain teachers always had favorites.

Emmbla was a favorite.

Named after the first female in the Norse mythology, Emmbla was that weird girl - not ugly - just weird. Nothing was that spectacular about her. She was just usually thrown to the side. Her brain and mouth always gave her a bad rep.

The thing about Emmbla was that she always had to top everyone. Every time someone heard her musical voice - that was delicately gifted with the ease to belt out notes that most people could never even dream to reach - the only thing that came out was a lie. When someone said that they had met Tony Hawk for example, she would reply quickly, "I've skated with him. He's really nice."

Everyone in her school knew of Emmbla and her infamous lies. Everyone knew not to trust her. Secrets that were always told in the proximity of her usually reached the student population within 30 minutes.

People had begun to call Emmbla a cursed girl except their vocabulary was much more colorful than that.

By the time she was a junior in high school, she had pretty much been dubbed the name liar. No one ever gave her a second thought, much less spoke to her. She might have been beautiful, but her lies pushed everyone away.

The odd thing about it all though was that it never seemed to faze her. People would trip her and push her around. They would call her names, and laugh at her behind her back. The popular boys would always throw things at her in class; one time one of them went as far as to spit gum into her pale blonde hair.

She never said anything though. She walked to the office, was called out, and the next day she came to school with her once long hip length hair cut to her mid back. No one ever said anything about it to her.

By the time 11th grade came around, the once talkative Emmbla quit talking. She never retorted back to anyone. Never said anything horrible to the teachers. Her lies were just a thing of the past. Still, no one would believe her.

Speculation wandered through the halls about the weird, beautiful Emmbla. However, no matter who went up and talked to her, they always knew that she wouldn’t tell them. Because she knew that they wouldn’t believe her even if she spoke.

Because she was the liar Emmbla.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment / Subscribe.

Makes me update quicker. Should be one chapter about once a week unless begged otherwise.