Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Ten

I sat in the principal office fending off the old man's glares. Just because I roughed the freak up a little bit. Automatically, I am prosecuted for it! It’s like the Salem witch trials all over again. Except I'm guilty. I silently shook in silent laughter. The principle sitting at his desk glaring at me. I shook my head, moving my hair out of my eyes.

The principal sighed, and turned his angry gaze to me all over again.

"Do you realize the severity of your actions?" he barked, leaning forward in his chair. I yawned and slouched, watching his facial expressions in sheer amusement. I opened my mouth to speak but was interrupted by someone knocking on the door.

"Who is it?"

"Emmbla sir," a quiet muffled voice spoke. Instantly his face softened as he stood up, walked over to the door, and opened it, letting a limping girl walk into the room.

"Sorry it took me so long," her voice came out raspy as she spoke. You could tell her voice was straining to be semi audible. The principal's eyes softened as he took a hold of her elbow and led her across the room to a chair a few feet away from me. Once he made sure, he was okay, and after her repeatedly declining his offers of candy and drinks. He sat back down at his desk.

"Well, I know what I don't want to do with you."

My eyes narrowed as he smiled.

"I do not want you two near each other no matter what. As a matter of fact Cullen, I'm going to move your classes around so I know you two will not be near each other."

I stared wide-eyed at the dimwitted imbecile who was sitting right in front of me. Emmbla was looking down across the room. Her thoughts filtering through her eyes. My eyes widened even wider when I dare say guilt crossed them.

"Mr. Owen," she murmured her voice melodic.

"Yes?"

"It was my fault. I pushed him into doing it."

The room went quiet. And for once, the principal and I had come to an agreement. We were both shocked by Emmbla's words. I had thrown her and her desk into a wall, hurting her pretty badly. I could tell that she was going to have bruises all over her body by the next day.

"Emmbla, this isn’t your fault...” Mr. Owen started with a frown, but she just shook her head and mumbled an apology. I sat there watching both of them; there was something weird going on. I’ve never heard of someone taking all the blame for one of my actions. But then again the school authorities never came after me when I spit the gum in her hair the year before.

"Well then, the only thing that I can do is to suspend you both. Emmbla, Cullen you both are out for a week. And when you come back we will see to your class schedule's."

"Wait, you're changing our class schedules? What the fuck for?"

"Cullen, I would watch that mouth of yours if I were you. Now, I do not want any more actions like this one to happen again. And looking over your class schedule's now, I can see that you both have almost every class together. So we will change all of that."

"But sir," Emmbla mumbled. "It’s already in the middle of the school year. Wouldn't that be stupid to just make us switch classes?"

Again, we both stared at her. My smile turning into a laugh. This girl was priceless. She just sat there in a daze, not really thinking about what she said.

"Did you just call me stupid, young lady?" Mr. Owen's nice façade quickly vanished, as what she said suddenly dawned on him.

"Um." She looked down at her fingers, as if they would suddenly do an interesting trick. The principal sighed and shook his head.

"I will be calling both of your parents, they will come to sign you both out. Now, get out of here."

We both nodded and stood up. I walked to the door and opened it about ready to leave when I saw her look expectantly at the principal who just turned away from her. She looked down at her feet and pushed herself up and out of the chair. She took in a breath and took a step forward, only to stumble and loose her balance. In a flash, I was beside her, holding her up by the waist. She turned her head to look at me. Her eyes wide. She opened her mouth to speak, but quickly quieted down when I looked at her. I shook my head and walked to the door with her frail body limping beside me. Out in the office the secretaries glared at me, and one of them instantly came rushing over to take Emmbla from my arms. I rolled my eyes as I turned around, and came face to face with my Father.

Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and Subscribe ^_^