Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Eleven

I had to of not been dreaming. I knew I saw him by the door walking out. He was a good twenty feet away from me. So how did he get to me that quickly...

I shook my head at all the reasons running through my head, some of them almost making me want to laugh. Seriously there was no such thing as a vampire . I sighed almost wishing that I had the unpleasant company of Cullen sitting beside me. But the moment we had come out of Mr.Owen's office, Cullen's dad had already been here. The look he gave his son alone almost scared the tar out of me. If I thought Cullen was freaky that night, I must have not given enough credit to his father. The one who found me outside that run down mansion.

Nevertheless, there was another confusing part. What were Cullen and his father doing at that old house? I hope that they knew that the city had marked that place for demolition. Instantly, I was shaken from my thoughts as I heard a familiar clack of high heels against the tile floors. Within a few moments, my mother had walked into the room. Make-up caked on her face, making her look twenty years younger than she really was. I shook my head as she spoke kindly to the office women and then pulled me up out of my chair and led me to the car.

My mother and I, if you haven’t noticed already, we weren’t really all that close. She was bitter and old. When all I did was not talk.

"I can not believe this Emmbla. Is it that Cullen boy who spit gum into your hair too?" she seethed. I just sighed; this was how it was going to be for a while. My mother wouldn’t stop until she got justice for what he did. Even though he really didn’t do anything. Well, besides throwing me into a wall. Which did hurt... but what still gets me is how he knew what I was going to say. He cut me off in mid sentence not letting me finish.

"Emmbla for once, talk to me! Tell me what happened!" My mother fumed, her fingers gripping the steering wheel tightly; so tightly that her knuckles were turning white. I didn’t say anything. I didn’t really feel like saying anything no one would believe me anyhow. I shook my head, which in turn I received an angry sigh from the woman next to me.

"Until you tell me what happened, you cannot leave your room. You are grounded from the computer, television, phone and any other thing I can think of. Do you understand me?"

I just shrugged as I stared out the window, the scenery going by fast. The trees and grass just a green blur.

We arrived at our house a few moments later. My mother had been speeding the whole time; she couldn’t wait to put my punishments into effect. To put it simply, she was pissed. Pissed the fuck off. Or at least that’s what I gathered when I walked into my room, but there was no door to open to it. It was just a bare opening. My bed in clear view. My eyes widened as it sunk in. My mother, the woman who I never thought would stoop to this level, to get me to talk did this. I shook my head as I felt white-hot rage bubble up in my small body. But as quickly as it came it left. I could never stay angry for long. And if I did I never showed it.

"So, how do you like the new arrangements?" she spat.

I turned on my heel to come face to face with her. Sporting a mocking smile she nudged me into my room.

"This way I know that you are not going to sneak out. No more sneaking out. There is a lock on your window too; it sets off an alarm if you try to leave. So do not even think about it. I called the school and they will be sending your assignments to you everyday. Along with the usual punishment assignments."

I rolled my eyes as she kept talking. This was all stupid and pointless. And I really wanted to go back to the abandoned mansion on the outskirts of town. I never did get to explore it. I sighed as I walked into my room and plopped down on my bed, my mother leaving in a huff when she realized that I wasn’t listening, let alone talking. I turned my head and stared at my clock, it was only noon and I was already getting restless. I thought about going through the student directory to find Cullen's number but that would be just plain stupid. He was after all the one who hurt my ankle. All I knew was that I was going to get out of this stupid house when it hit dark and my mother fell asleep. Just how was the question.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment ^_^
Subscribe ^_^