Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Twelve

My father was in one word... Pissed.

Then again, he was always pissed when it came to me messing with other kids. However, this time it was different. He was fuming. He kept most of his calm in the school, but you could easily tell that everyone was uncomfortable with him standing in the room. I know Emmbla was. I knew I fucked up the moment when recognition flashed in her eyes; I knew my father had seen it. That would probably be why he stepped on the gas and our car shot from zero to sixty in the matter of seconds. He never used that feature.

"What did I tell you?" he seethed, his eyes on the road, steering so that the car shot through other cars that got in his way.

"To take care of it," I mumbled, staring out the window.

"Why the hell didn’t you?"

"I thought I did."

"Well apparently you didn’t. You better go to her house tonight and take care of it all."

I only nodded as I watched the scenery pass by me with a quickness. It was only a few moments later when we arrived home. I could see my mother staring worriedly out of her bedroom on the second floor. Her young face set with thin lines of worry. She shook her head and walked away from the window.

"Your mom is afraid that we are going to have to relocate again," My dad said, snapping me out of the thoughts that were starting to spill inside my head.

"She doesn’t have to worry. That girl Emmbla, she doesn’t talk to anyone at school. She is an outcast, no one likes her."

My father only shook his head and walked toward the back door. It was only recently that we had started to park in the drive way rather than in the large garage in the back of the property. Still, at night we pulled all of the vehicles into the large area and locked it up tight. Especially when we went to our other home - the main house.

During the school year my sisters, my parents, and I all live in the smaller mansion. Elaborately decorated only because my mother never settled for anything but the most traditional style. Elegance was her middle name. But once summer came around, we went to the other home. That was most likely why the city officials had come to our home just a few weeks earlier and inspected the outside. They weren't able to get in the house, they just knew that the original roof was crumbling along with stonework on the outside chipped and in some places broken through. It wasn’t until they sent another city official to inspect the inside that they realized that someone lived there. My father had been staying at the mansion for that week, he had just arrived back from a business trip when he heard someone messing around outside. He went out to investigate and came face to face with the man in charge of demolitions.

If you knew my father, you would think it would be hilarious. Considering when he arrived home and told us all about it, my mother and I couldn’t stop laughing. My father had always a way of being a kid at heart. Just whenever he was angry, he was no longer that child. He was frightening just like our elders. But to most of our kind, the elders are just a myth. Then again, most of our kind is stupid imbeciles who do not even gather what they really are.

I sighed as I walked into my room. My mother had completely ignored me on my way up to my room, and I could hear my father talking to her calmly. Trying to settle her intense nerves. I plopped down on my bed and laid back. Putting my hands over my face I sighed again, it was going to be a long night. Especially if I have to go to Emmbla's, and sneak her out. I was sure the night before I had made the suggestion in her head that she had dreamt the whole thing. Why it did not stick was beyond me. I pushed myself up and went into my closet, the clothes I had on stunk of school. Why did that place have to smell as it did was beyond me. Half the time I almost considered not even breathing. But then again people would worry. I pulled my shirt over my head, grabbed a black wife-beater, and pulled it on. If I was going to do, something tricky I might has well do it comfortably. I kicked off my shoes and replaced them with comfortable ones. I shook my hair out of my face and walked toward the balcony.

The sun was starting to set, pink, blue and oranges swirling around like a delicious desert. I smiled to myself as I climbed on top of the railing.

"Cullen?" a small high-pitched voice called from out in the hallway. I rolled my eyes, as the doorknob started to jiggle. My little sister's were outside the door probably wanting to either A. bother me or B. to tell me dinner was ready. I didn’t reply.

I jumped off the railing and shut the balcony doors; just in case they were able to get in my room, they didn’t know how to open double doors. Right as I shut them, my bedroom door burst open and instantly two pale faces were pressed up against the glass, trying to claw their way outside to me. I cursed to myself, jumping off the balcony now was idiotic. They didn’t know that it wouldn’t hurt me. I pulled the doors open and picked their fallen forms up from off the ground and drug them back outside my room and into the hallway.

"Don't come into my room again," I seethed, with their eyes wide they only nodded and then took off down the main staircase and off into their many hiding places. I shook my head, walked back in my room, this time locking the door behind me, and walked right back out to the balcony. Only this time I didn't stop, this time I just jumped.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment / Subscribe ^.^
Im currently working on Emmbla's chapter up next. And for those of you who can't picture Cullen or Emmbla, I have picures of what I think they look like. But mind you, Cullen is the type of guy that you all dream of. So just think of your mysterious guy and go with it from there ^.^