Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Eighteen

As soon as she took off out the door, I knew. I knew how royally I had fucked up. I knew how close she was to figuring out what we were. The only thing that could keep her from finding me out was for her to either a) die, or b) …well I’m not exactly sure what B would be…

I lounged on the sofa watching Alec come up behind one of the villains in the game he was playing and suffocate him. I let out a small laugh, watching the character gasp for its last breath and fall to the ground, the bag still around his head. Every time I watched him play the game, an unquenchable thirst popped up in the back of my throat. I groaned, leaning forward running my fingers through my hair. Alec paused the game that he was playing and threw the controller to the floor. Standing up, he grabbed my elbow and pulled me toward the hallway door.

“You haven’t eaten since the day before. Your dad's going to be pissed,” he mumbled, throwing open the hallway door and leading me downstairs and out the front door. “She should be far enough away by now.”

I nodded, pulling my arm out of his grasp and started to walk toward where I had earlier parked my car.

“If my dad asks, tell him I went into town.”

“Aight dude, peace.” Alec shrugged, waving me off as he turned around and walked back into the mansion.

A few moments later, I was revving my engine and speeding out the driveway, pebbles flying in my wake. It took only moments for her to sink back into my thoughts. I felt a slight pressure in my mouth as I thought of her. In over nine hundred years, there have only been a handful of people who had discovered our true nature. And we took care of them as soon as it crossed their minds. We didn’t let them have a second thought about our mythological history.

She was questioning us right now. And that bothered me, bothered me more than anything else. Fuck, it bothered me more than that clingy Clare. I felt the thirst burn in my throat, screaming in my ears telling me to get food. I felt my upper jaw shift, and within seconds, I was the predator. And she was my next target.
♠ ♠ ♠
Muhahhhahahha, and the plot thickens....I think. lmao