Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Thirty-Two

It was as if we were in tune with each other. I knew when she was in trouble, sad or angry. I knew she was scared when she ran out of the lunch room, but for some reason, against my better judgment I didn’t follow. I should have, with her being kidnapped by Patrick; I should have followed to make sure she was okay. To make sure he didn’t try another one of his stunts. I knew him better than everyone else… well almost everyone. The only other person who knew him like I did was his sister Tabitha.

They were completely different. Tabitha and Patrick. She was a recluse; she didn’t even come out of her home when there were family gatherings. Unlike Patrick, he came every chance that he could. He enjoyed the contact that he had when he came into town. Usually he was watched over closely. He was too close to becoming a rogue, to be let out of sight when he came to the gatherings. But for some reason, they weren’t watching him like they used too.

I ran my hand down my face; sweat was dripping off my body. For some reason I had woke out of a dead sleep. My sheets soaked. But I didn’t remember any dream. Our kind rarely dreamed. The only ones that did were the ones that were seers. What made me jolt awake? I shook my head as thoughts started to drown me. The only thing I could think of was Emmbla. I hadn’t seen her since Tuesday at school. She had disappeared, after lunch, her face a mixture of emotions. Fear mixed with… what I could have sworn was desire.

I glanced at the window; the night was cloudy with lightening lighting up the sky. The feelings that Emmbla struck up in me were hard to take in account. I knew how I felt. I knew I wanted her, I knew I wanted to protect her at whatever the cost. I clenched my fists, and threw the comforter off my half naked body.

Moments later, I had dressed and grabbed my keys off the ottoman in the living space. I stalked out my door, down the hallway and right through the front door. I could hear distant laughing echo through the great hall. I shook my head, and then ran my hand down it trying to smooth it out. I hadn’t even bothered to comb my hair.

The night was cold, and the snow that had been there before had been washed away by the rain. Walking quickly through the gravel, I reached my car. Quickly, I threw open the door and started the car. I sped out the driveway before I could really even close the door.

-

The first place I went was to her house. I let out a breath that I didn’t realize that I had been holding; there standing in her room was Emmbla. She looked as if she was talking to herself. Slowly I turned off the car and climbed out. I needed to get closer; I had to hear what she was talking about. Slowly I crept closer, pressing my back against the tree outside her window. I could faintly hear her.

“Stupid… Cullen… whore… Why me? Why?” she said to herself.

She was packing up a duffel bag. Throwing random clothes in it, not really even looking to see which ones they were. I could tell that she was going to run. Tears were streaming down her face. I glanced around the lot, looking for any signs that her mother was home. Her mother’s car that was usually sitting in the driveway was missing. I smirked; she was probably off planning Celebration day. Slowly I made my way towards the front door.

I tried the doorknob but it was stuck in place. The door was locked. I sighed as I quickly unlocked the door without problem. I inched the door open. Her living room was the first thing that greeted me. I clicked the lock back into place before I slowly made my way through the house. I had only been in it once before, and it hadn’t been that tricky. Her mother had been shit faced. I smiled at the memory. It was the night that I had dragged Emmbla away in barely anything. I groaned as I felt my cock jump at the thought. Good thing I was wearing a longish jacket. I smirked again, coming up to her door. Her voice much more understandable.

“Why did I ever have to like him? Ugh, why did I have to be like every other whore in the school, who wants him?” I smirked as she kept fuming, throwing things around.

“Why? Why? Why?” she mumbled the last part more to herself. I heard her sigh, and the door opened. I smirked and leaned against the wall in the hallway. She walked out of her room and stopped. Slowly she looked up, her eyes scanning my body. Starting at my feet she worked her way up, lingering on the jacket and finally she reached my face. Her eyes flashed shock evident in her expression.

“Emmbla.” I nodded. Looking her up and down, she was dressed in very short cloth shorts. Probably barely covering her ass as she walked. Her shirt was just an average thin wife beater, the outline of her bra easily noticeable. She fidgeted, and crossed her arms over her chest snapping me back to reality. She licked her lips and I felt my dick jump again. I closed my eyes and then opened them. I took a step forward, and she took a step backward. I felt a smirk come to my lips.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered, taking a step backward towards the wall. I stared at her for a long moment before answering.

“I decided that we needed to talk.”

Her eyes widened and she took another step back, her eyes were darting all around. She was going to bolt. Slowly I took a step forward, waiting for her reaction. Instantly she bolted for her room, but I was too quick. I caught her mid run and slammed her into the wall. If possible her eyes widened more,

“About?” she breathed, her eyes questioning me, a mixture of passion and fear clouding her eyes.

“About the other night.” I replied, gazing at her. I could feel her body tremble against me. I could feel her try to move slightly, so I pressed myself into her body harder. Her eyes fluttered closed, and then opened.

“What about it?” she breathed, trying to move her wrists out of my grip, but I only held on tighter. I looked at her thoughtfully before speaking.

“About Patrick.”

She froze, her eyes turning to stone as she struggled against my hold. I looked at her as she struggled. She only managed to bring my body closer to hers. I ducked my head down and whispered in her hair, “You’re only making me pull you closer.”

She stilled as I heard her breath catch. Slowly I turned my head and pressed my lips against her neck.

“Wh-what about Patrick?” she stuttered. I smiled into her neck; slowly I brought her wrists over her head. I heard another sharp intake of breath.

“He wasn’t the only thing I wanted to talk about,” I breathed into her ear, making her stiffen. “I also wanted to talk about what happened after him… in my room… on my bed.”

I felt her shift against me. And I pressed my body closer, my erection straining hard against my jeans.

“I’d rather not,” she barely said, and within seconds I let go of her wrists and hoisted her up pushing her against the wall, and nestling my still growing erection against the very heat of her. Her eyes widened then quickly closed. I smirked again as I pressed into her causing her to groan. Suddenly her eyes were open and she had her arms wrapped around my neck, her fingers tangled into my hair and she jerked my head down. Swiftly I caught her lips, and deepened the kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, i was looking at my chapters and realized that it had the same name as the chapter before this. And then i deleted it, and then realized i was an idiot so i re-posted. My bad!

But don't worry, i guess you could say this is a double whammy haha.