Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Thirty-Six

I knew the moment that I stepped foot out of my car, I was free game. My father would be livid… he knew about her… hell we all knew about her. I just don’t think she realizes that little fact. The elders were arriving in just a few short days; they would be staying until Christmas. My mother had already started the shopping for the elaborate dinner for the whole family. My cousins and uncles would join us also.

But where will she fit in?

How will I protect her from the anger that my uncle's felt toward her?

Fuck, how will I protect myself from the fury of my uncle's?

After all, I was the one that stopped Niko’s son from killing her. I closed my eyes briefly, Patrick would be there. Patrick would be everywhere to finish what he started.

Damn, I wasn’t really thinking when I told her that she was going to stay with me. I looked to my right and took in her profile. Her head was cradled in her hands, lost in such deep thought. She had been letting out little sighs the entire car ride; it would only take about ten more minutes and then we would reach our destination. She claimed that they were the cause of a headache. But I knew better.

What the hell am I going to do? Any man in their right mind would put her in hiding, but here I am acting out of pure foolishness. Which my father would lovingly remind me when I reached home. My mother would just smile her sweet smile, and offer some of her delicious food. While my younger sisters would instantly want to play dress up with her. How my father managed to grab a woman as sweet as my mother is still beyond me.

I stifled a sig as I watched the road. My hands clenching the steering wheel, a red haze flashing over my vision. I blinked, I was feeling agitated. The moment I arrived I would have to feed. Something I hadn’t done in days. I should have grabbed the cooler the other day when I was at my father’s law office. But of course, I was too busy fawning over Emmbla’s nearly naked body.

I stole another glance, and sighed. This time aloud, causing her to briefly flash her eyes to mine. She smiled tenderly and then turned to look out the window at the passing scenery.

When did I fall for her? Hell, I fell for her the moment I saw her unconscious form outside our other home. The night my father told me to take care of her. That night I had intended on swiping her memory, removing the scene that had most likely taken residence in her fragile mind. It had to have been fragile after what she had witnessed. But she outsmarted me, she ran. Causing me to run after her, causing Patrick to jump into action. He knew it was her when he saw her walking down the dirt road the night that I should have finished my job.

If I would have just done that, this all could have been avoided. And I could have gone back to ignoring her during school. Instead he gets her; I’m still not exactly sure what he did to her. I felt my head cloud as the possibilities came to life. I clenched the steering wheel. I did not like the idea of him touching her. In any shape, way or form. As I rounded a corner, my mind strayed to Felicity. She would know. She would know exactly what all had happened.

Throughout this whole ordeal, I know who she had witnessed, just not exactly what it was. Felicity would be able to answer the unanswered ones.

In the distance, the bright lights of the mansion appeared. I coughed, drawing Emmbla’s attention to what she would be calling home for the next few weeks. A slight smile formed on her lips as she took in the scenery.

No matter how dangerous it was for her here. It was safer if she was with me than out in the world, where Patrick could attack her without protection. At least here, she had me. And well… Alec too. If he had the balls to do what I was about to ask him.

I breathed deep as I pulled into the drive, on the porch I could already see the faint outline of my father. Of course he knew, he always knew what I was going to do before I did it. I sighed as I parked the car, and grabbed Emmbla’s hand and squeezed it.

I promise, if things get to be too dangerous… I will run away with you. Just so you are safe. Even if you hate me after what I’m about to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think its a bit longer...
The plot thickens. I finally realized where i was going with this hahaha!
Wow, so i guess you guys still have at least...maybe...thirty or so chapter left.

Check out the new stories; Hey, Red. & Invasion of Cyonia.

If you like fiesty characters that send people to hospitals read Hey, Red.

Now if you like Sci Fi, and other creatures invading other plants, go for Invasion of Cyonia