Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Thirty-Nine

When I woke up, Cullen had already left. His side of the bed a mess. I smiled as I remembered the way he pressed his body against mine after our second time. The way he nuzzled his face into my neck and breathed deep slowly drifting off into sleep.

But my smile quickly vanished as I remembered Patrick staring up at me. His face twisted into a smirk. I closed my eyes as I felt my stomach flutter; there has to be a reason why the boy affects me so. I should scream at the sight of him, I should run for cover. Hell, I should have left this place as soon as I saw him step out of the car with that girl. But no, I didn’t. I had stood there like a bumbling idiot. My mind racing, my anxiety over meeting up with him. There was just something not right.

Maybe it was because he associated with the psychopaths that had stepped out of the vehicle before him. Whatever it was, danger screamed.

I sighed as I gathered my clothes and slipped them all back on. I wanted to find Cullen, but a small part of me knew better than to go wandering throughout the castle like mansion. No matter how much I wanted to give into the thrill, no matter how much danger I knew was lurking out there. I wanted it. I smiled to myself; this was exactly how I was in so much danger in the first place. My want for the adrenalin is what caused Patrick to kidnap me, is what caused those two creepy men to snarl at me and chase me out of their home. It is what caused everything with Cullen. Though the last one I really don’t regret.

I opened his bedroom door and peeked out into the larger room. The TV was blue, and I could faintly make out the outline of two sleeping forms on the couch. My eyes widened as images of Patrick flashed through my head. Hurriedly I tiptoed toward the exit. I needed to find Cullen, I didn’t feel safe unless he was around me.

I slipped from the room, and made my way down the hall, stopping every few seconds to listen intently to make sure that no one was following me. I crept past the twins doors and down the stairs into the foyer. Turning, I made my way through the double doors that sat underneath the staircases. I peered down the long hallway. I could faintly hear voices chattering aimlessly. Some laughing, some bickering. Slowly I made my way down the hall, passing door after door. But as I walked I could hear the hearty chatter die down.

My adrenaline spiked and I quickened my pace. I suddenly had the urge to get out of the hallway. My brisk walk quickly turned into a full on run as I heard one of the doors down the hall open. I heard an intake of breath and I bolted down the hallway turning which ever way I could think of. Any way to lose the person that I knew was following closely behind. As I turned another corner, I ran face first into what felt like a stone. Except last I checked stone didn’t grip a hold of your shoulders and hold you steady.

I peered up at the wall that I had just crashed into and came face to face with the face I had been dreading. His brilliant gray eyes glared down at me, his face stoic. His grip on my arms tightened and I winced. I tried to wretch myself out of his grip only for him to tighten it.

“Let me go,” I whimpered as I struggled in his grasp. He just let a smirk play on his lips. My eyes widened as he bent down and whispered.

“It’s a shame that I have to dispose of you, you are such a pretty girl.”

I gasped, and started to thrash wildly in his arms. But as quick as I began he had me pushed up against the wall.

“I now see why they didn’t dispose of you when they were ordered.” He smiled, his lips turning up over his perfectly straight white teeth. My eyes were wide, the way he was smiling almost made my heart stop. I pressed my hands against his chest and pushed. He stumbled back surprised and I tried to bolt out of the narrow hallway, only to have his hand pulling me back by my wrist. I cried out in pain as he threw me against the floor. His smile faded, and picture of pure anger taking its place. He towered over me, and reached for me. But stopped as someone rounded the corner.

“Now, if you do what I know you are about to do. Don’t you think Cullen would possibly decapitate you in your sleep?”

The man dropped my arm, and I curled up into the wall, staring at the man that had come to my rescue. He ran his fingers through his neck length black hair. And grinned at the man who had just about killed me. I stared up at him, and he glanced down at me, his grin faltering as he recognition flashed through his eyes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm, NEW GUY!! woohoo!!!!

haha, im not tellin who it is yet though so HAH!
hehe.

Comment/Subscribe.
Love me?
I wish there was a button for that.
Check out my other stories =D