Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Fifty

Pierre was one of the Higher Lords. I had only ever heard stories of the man, the things that he had done in the ancient times. He was a slayer, unlike my father who only hunted our kind down and brought them in to be tried with the Council of Elders. This man was the executioner. He was the one that did whatever he wanted. If he said kill, then we had to kill. There was no arguing. He was practically a king to us all, although he wasn’t actually our king, he did our King's bidding.

“Why is he coming exactly?” I murmured to the now dressed girl that I had seated in front of me.

Her body covered so that it was no longer distracting me. She fiddled with her nails and spoke. “He has heard about Patrick’s, his dad and uncles crimes. They are detestable. He doesn’t think that they should be allowed to walk this earth. His uncle's have become too powerful. “

She maneuvered on the couch so that she was now sitting up, her arms resting between her legs pushing up her breasts. My eyes wandered from hers and down to her chest for only a moment, but quickly I forced my eyes back to her face. A coy smirk played on her lips. She had caught my gaze wander, and I knew that she knew she still had me under her control no matter how much I cared for Emmbla. I was still undoubtedly in love with the girl sitting in front of me. I sighed and pushed my body into the back of the couch, letting my head loll backwards. Why did she do this to me? Entice such a fire in my body that I couldn’t think about anyone else. When would this end?

Pinching the bridge of my nose, I leaned forward and groaned. This was something that my father would have to know. To be ready for the royal visitor, which meant that I would have to go and get Emmbla once more. I would have to let Pierre meet her and then he would do whatever he wanted with her. And in all honesty, that wasn’t exactly something that I wanted to do. But I knew this time my father wouldn’t let me off so easily. I was supposed to kill her weeks ago, but I kept failing instead falling for the pale beauty. At least until Elizabeth came back.

“How much longer do we have?” I asked, looking up to her.

She shrugged her shoulders in response and continued to pick at her nails.

Standing up, I brushed at my pants and headed towards the door. Elizabeth not saying anything, probably because she knew she was safe. She knew that I would protect her. From the moment I turned away from my father’s office and took her back to my quarters, she knew that I wouldn’t let her die. Not again. If she died again, then she would be forever chained to the Royal City. The massive city that houses all of the most evil creatures and souls that have ever existed, and for beautiful girl like her, that’s not a place that you wanted to live.

*~*

“Are you fucking kidding me?”

I winced at the intensity of my father’s voice. I knew that he would be pissed but this was almost too much. At that moment, I was happy that my mother was far away at the other end of the mansion.

“No Father,” I muttered.

He stood up from his massive mahogany desk and paced the area that was behind it. In all of my years, I have never seen my father this pissed. Okay so only a few times I had seen this. And the first time was when my uncle's started killing mortals. The second was when I got expelled from school for hurting Emmbla. I had drawn too much attention to us, just as my uncle's had.

“Kill her. She’s the reason why he is being brought her. You know that the High Lords have nothing to do with us unless one of us is committing a crime so terrible that it cannot be ignored.”

“What the hell has Emmbla done to deserve death?!” I raised my voice, catching my father’s icy glare.

I shifted my feet as my father’s glare burned into me.

“She knows what we are. That is the biggest crime in our society. We were allowed to live on this earth because we were to purge it of the evil that escaped our home. We are our homes protectors. We get rid of the bad. We were allowed to be here, allowed to enjoy this earth because we were made that way. Our king had to do something before the gods decided to come down and do something about them their selves.”

I nodded my head in response.

“Father,” I explained. “She doesn’t know what we are. I have never told her! We can let her go, perhaps wipe her memory.”

Shaking his head, my father eyes flashed.

“She’s been told.”

My jaw dropped. “Who the hell would tell her?!”

Giving me a withering look, he made his way around his desk and toward the bar that he had installed in his office, pouring himself a drink.

“Who do you think?” He muttered.

Clenching my jaw, I closed my eyes. Of course Patrick would tell her. He always had to fuck up everything that we had ever done.

“What are we going to do then?” I asked through clenched teeth.

Turning around, my father scowled at me. We stood facing one another for moments while I waited for my father’s answer, and I knew for some reason that it wasn’t going to be an answer that I wanted to hear.

“The High Lord comes within a week from now. You will have Emmbla here, and she will be a slave. You will also bring in the blonde you had in your bedroom awhile back. She knows too much, I have been told that she has been questioning people about you and your whereabouts. As your punishment you are to kill the blonde, and then after that Emmbla.”

I opened my mouth to argue, but the look on my father’s face told me not to even try.

“You have shamed your family. You have brought danger to us, to your sisters and especially to your mother. After this you will learn to do my work, you will learn the business and you will no longer mess with petty humans. Understand me?”

Nodding my head in defeat, I stalked out of the room slamming the door behind me.

Fuck.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 4 / Readers: 1369 / Subscribers: 159

BOOOMM! Mind blown. Right?
Yeah buddy.

Do what you guys do best. Leave me stuff, id really like to know what you think.