Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Fifty-One

It all made sense now.

The blood-letting, the angry expressions, the creepy strength, and the freaking demonic appearances whenever they got angry.

I twirled the spoon in my fingers as I studied Patrick’s now half naked form. To calm me down from my hysterics, he had brought me ice cream. I wasn’t entirely sure if I should be happy or just weirded out. Didn’t matter either way though, considering I was now slowly filling my mouth with the freezing chocolaty goodness.

I watched as his chest rose and fell, taking in the cold air of the room. Him being a demon explained why he could breathe, although I think I was way more prepared for him being a vampire. All the movies, books and all those things have always made Vampires out to be kinder. Demons were well, they were freaking demons. They lived off human flesh and screams. They were fucking scary.

But for some reason, every girl in my school wanted Cullen, I never thought him to be frightening. His buddy Alec was scarier than Cullen ever was and as far as I knew, he wasn’t like them. The way his eyes semi-glowed, and the way his body felt. It was different than how Cullen and Patrick felt. Way too hot to be a normal body temperature. But then again that night I was freezing, my limbs had grown numb and I could barely walk.

“Patrick…” I whispered as I put the spoon and tub of ice cream down on the side table. Lifting his eyelids slightly, he quirked his eyebrow in response. “Who is Alec?” I asked.

The name apparently was not something that was okay to say, considering his eyes shot open, and he bolted up.

“How do you know Alec?” he asked, his eyes wild. A skeletal figure slowly faded in and out of his features. Horns trying to pop out of his skull, my eyes widened.

Running a hand through his hair, he willed himself to calm down and then looked back at me. His facial features were back to normal, but the fire in his eyes was still there. I crawled back toward him and tilted my head to the side in confusion.

“He was with Cullen the first night he brought me to his mansion,” I murmured, trying not to make him any angrier.

Again, Patrick ran his fingers through his hair, except this time leaving his fingers entangled in his hair, bending down with his elbows resting on his knees.

“Never go near Alec. He is the one that attacked me, the one that almost got you.”

My eyes widened.

“Seriously? He was so nice that night.”

Patrick scoffed as he pushed himself off his bed, walking toward his closet.

“Alec isn’t like Cullen and I. He is more dangerous. He is a cross-breed. An abomination,” he said as he took a shirt off a hanger and pulled it over his head. “He is possibly one of the darkest and trickiest bastards out there. Why Cullen was hanging out with him is beyond me. What were you guys doing that night?”

I shrugged as I reached for my ice cream and dug my spoon into it.

“They were picking up a delivery. A small cooler or something, it’s what they had in their hands. And then he played some video games in Cullen’s room,” I said as I took a bite.

He nodded as he put on his shoes. I had a feeling that I wasn’t going to be able to finish my ice cream. As if reading my mind he smirked, “We need to go somewhere.”

Dropping the spoon into the tub, I sighed, “Go figure.”

He laughed silently as I maneuvered off his bed and pulled on some shoes. Standing up, he walked over to me and grabbed my hand, leading me to wherever he wanted.

*~*

I sighed from the café table that I was seated at. It was late; the moon had risen hours ago and all of the cafes and shops were closed for the night. I had been waiting for Patrick for hours. He had told me to make myself comfortable, that he would only be a little bit. But that was before the shops had all closed. Before the café’s manager had informed me that they were closing and if I was all right.

They were beginning to set up for Celebration Day. The day that all little kids, teenagers and even adults could dress up as someone from history. It was just like a Halloween, except the last time the younger kids went trick or treating there was an epidemic of razorblades in candies. That was the last time little kids were allowed to go trick or treating, so as a fix they decided to come up with celebration day. Most of the teenagers dressed up because they were to work in the booths that their classes hosted. This year would be the first year that I wouldn’t be attending. Well, attending with my mother, and working a booth.

It was one thing that I missed, before I became wrapped up in Cullen’s and Patrick’s world. The Demonic world.

I sighed again as I ran a hand through my hair. Demonic world.

It was still so hard to believe. Just a few short weeks ago I had a simple life. A shitty one, but it was simple. Not nearly as much of a mess as it was now. Wake up, go to school, ignore everyone, walk home, take care of my drunken mother, go to sleep and repeat. It was so normal. Now it was as if I had to constantly look over my shoulder, fight to survive, although the most that I seemed to do was get captured by either Cullen or Patrick. And now if Cullen comes and gets me there is a chance that he might kill me. This was all simply just almost too much.

I took a drink of my coffee, and grimaced. It wasn’t nearly as good at the Café’s coffee but it would do. Blowing on the hot liquid, I took in my surroundings. The streets were cobblestoned, surprisingly not paved, and all the little shops had outdoor sitting areas. In the daylight, the town square was bustling with activity. But at night it was almost creepy. Even more creepy now that I knew what all lurked out there.

Patrick had explained to me about the other creatures and all of the creatures that were above him. The King that no one ever got to see unless they were in their home land, the high lords weren’t people you wanted to mess with, they killed with no mercy. If you were lucky you would never meet one. And that’s how you wanted to keep it. Then there were the Dark Fae, the Vampires, Werewolves, Demons et cetera. There were so many different creatures that it was hard to keep up. The only thing that he wouldn’t tell me was what Alec was. He’d said that he was an abomination. But the way he said it, the way he looked around after he said it was as if it wasn’t something that should be said to lightly.

“I honestly never thought I’d ever see you again,” came a soft masculine voice from behind me. Quickly, I whipped my head around. My eyes narrowed as Alec walked into small amount of light that was emitting from the street lamps. Speak of the devil. No pun intended.

Inhaling sharply, I slowly stood up, my heart was beating wildly and for some reason I had a feeling that I wouldn’t be able to get away fast enough to reach Patrick.

His eyes were dark, dark and beautiful. His cheek bones were sculpted high and I could see his muscles through his white shirt.

Shaking his head, he strode toward me, a smirk forming on his face. The smirk growing broader as I unconsciously moved backward until I ran into the fence that circled the small patio. Leaning down, he placed a hand on each side of me on the fence. His face was so close that I could smell the mintyness of his breath, and the intoxicating smell of his cologne.

“Where is Patrick?” he breathed, letting the inebriating smell of him encircle me. My mouth had gone dry.

“He went to look for someone,” I whispered my eyes glued to his. It was as if I had been hypnotized. The corners of his mouth broadened into a smile, and I felt my knees go weak.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

This seriously always happened to me, why did these guys affect me in such a way that I felt like I had no power over myself? As if I was just some damsel in distress in some stupid Disney book. But Disney books weren’t like this, this was worse. I was in actual danger; I could be killed by this man. Actually, I could be killed by either of the other men that I was around also. Seriously there is no winning for me.

Nodding his head, hpulled away from me and I fought the little part of me that wanted to latch onto him. The part of me that desired his intense body heat. I could feel it radiating off him, mixed in with the powerful smell that was him.

“You escaped him then?” he murmured as he turned around and took a seat at the table that I had just been sitting at. Narrowing my eyes, I lowered myself back into the chair.

“Why aren’t you trying to hurt me?” I asked.

My sudden question surprised him. His head tilted to the side and the smirk that he was just wearing disappeared.

“You know about me then?” he asked, leaning forward, folding his arms on the table, his eyes never leaving my face.

I nodded in response.

Shaking his head and leaned back in his chair.

“I didn’t think they would tell you what they are. This just made everything so much worse for everyone.” he purred. “Don’t give me that look. I didn’t come here to hurt you, although now I might have too. “

A tremor of fear washed through my body, leaving goose bumps in its wake. Smiling as he noticed my distress he continued.

“I came here to ask you to forget Patrick and Cullen and to go on with your life and never speak a word of this again. Are you willing to do such a thing?”

I didn’t even have to think about it, I knew that there was no way that I would even be able to fathom forgetting about them. Quickly I shook my head no, I was being selfish. Out of all my life, they are the only two people who ever really gave two shits about me. My mother wasn’t really anything but a drunk who liked to scream and hurt whoever got close enough.

“Are you sure?” he asked, now sitting straight up.

Nodding my head once again, he shook his head.

“Alright then. Then Miss. Emmbla, You need to come with me.”

He was now standing up his dark eyes lit up with the very same fire that I had saw in Patrick, but a little different. His was more sinister, he didn’t have feelings for me like Patrick, he didn’t love me like Cullen. He could put a blade through my heart with no second thought. He was emotionless. He was a killer. He was a…

“High Lord,” I whispered my eyes wide from the shock of my realization. Alec stopped in his tracks and stared incredulously at me.

“They really did tell you everything,” he snarled as he leapt at me.

Quickly I ducked to the ground and took off in the opposite direction. I don’t know why but my feet were moving on their own accord. Not thinking, I darted down the familiar roads and toward my house. The lights were still on and I knew that she was probably up in a drunken stupor, but right now that hell house was my safe place. Was the place that I could go to get away from this demon that was chasing me, from the demons that ransacked my world.

“Mom!” I shouted harshly, my sobs racking through my body as I reached the lit up house.

Running up the steps I forced myself on the front door, giving too easily I fell onto the living room floor.

“Mom?” I whispered, tears in my eyes as I pushed myself up from the floor. Walking around the sofa and into the kitchen, I could hear water boiling. It wasn’t entirely unusual for my mother to be cooking at this time of night. Ever since my father left, she had had terrible insomnia.

Slowly walking into the kitchen, I could feel goose bumps run up my arms. Something was telling me to turn around and run as fast as I could, but for some reason I didn’t care. At this moment, through all the fucked up things that she had done all I wanted to do was see my mother. Maneuvering around the door frame I froze in my tracks.

On the floor in a pool of her own blood was my mother. Her face distorted and in so much pain. My chest started to constrict and my breathing became harsher. This wasn’t how it was supposed to happen. My mother was never supposed to die. What the fuck had happened? Did I cause this?!

Slowly, I backed away from the body. Her lifeless eyes were staring right through me as tears ran down my face. I was in shock; I knew I was in shock. I needed to get out of here, I needed to call someone. Swallowing a sob, I moved once again, but this time I ran into a warm body. Freezing once again I turned to look at who I had run into.

Alec stared down at me, his eyes blank of all emotion.

“You weren’t supposed to see this.”

My world went black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrighty, this is a very very long chapter. Longer than normal.
But alas this story is close to coming to an end. I predict only about 10 more chapters until it is completely finished and then guess what?!?!!

There is going to be a SEQUEL!

But as always, please comment. Subscribe. Recommend me?? :)
If you want me to shout out your story, comment or message me. I will most likely do it.
Humm anything else? No idea.