Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Fifty-Three

This whole constantly getting knocked out and waking up in strange places was really starting to get on my last nerve. I groaned as I twisted my body on the soft bed that I was laying on. The last thing that I remember was all that blood. Blood, my house, my…

MOTHER.

Quickly sitting up, my eyes shot open and I took in my surroundings. Of course I was in a place that I didn’t recognize. Shaking my head, I let my eyes adjust to the darkness of the room. Studying the room, I digested all the possible escape routes. The room was simple, nothing extravagant like Cullen’s room or house. The only furnishings were the bed that I had been sprawled on, a side table that had an dusty lamp on it, and a dresser that was across the room. A large window was covered by what I could tell were blackout curtains and there were three doors.

Reaching over, I tried to turn on the lamp, but every click that I heard there was never light. Sighing, I blew at my bangs that were hanging in my face. My head hurt, and my thoughts kept roaming back to my mother that I knew was dead. I could feel it in my gut that she was, but some part of me didn’t want to believe it. She had never been good to me. The only time was whenever I was younger and my father had still been talking to her. But the moment that he cut all contact with her was the moment that my mother turned into Satan. But then again, I’m pretty sure he would have been more kind than my own mother, which was a sad thought. It wasn’t like my mother ever sold me into child slavery; I should give her a break.

Getting up from the comfortable bed (but not nearly as comfortable as Patrick’s), I slowly walked around the room. Touching the wall, trying to search for a light switch so that I could have some way to see in the darkness.

They seriously need to try not knocking me out, I thought to myself as I walked toward the window and opened up the curtains. Moonlight flooded into the room as I processed the scenery in front of me. Wherever I was, I had never been before. The architecture was different than what I was used too, and the air was clearer than it was where I had originally been before. Everything was so sharp, and there was absolutely no pollution in the air. The streets were paved with cobblestones like from the old days and there were absolutely not cars anywhere that I could see. People walked along the side roads, some suddenly appearing out of nowhere and startling people. It was as if they had just appeared out of thin air. In the distance, I could see a faint outline of a massive structure. My eye widened as I recognized the tall pointed objects to be towers, and the massive bulk of the place was indeed a place that housed people.

It was the largest castle that I had ever seen; it was if it was taken right out of the Disney movies, except there was something unsettling about this one. There wasn’t anything enchanting about the eerie structure.

Turning my attention away from the window, I walked toward one of the three doors, slowly opening it and once again trying to find a light switch. Not finding one, I opened the door wider to let some of the light from the window seep in. I shut the door after I made out a small shower stall and a toilet, no mirror, which was strange. Who on earth has a bathroom without a mirror?

Crossing the room, I opened another door since it was across the room from the window the light instantly lit up the small area. A walk-in closet with absolutely no clothes. Grimacing, I looked down at what I was wearing. I was covered in blood, and I could faintly smell a disgusting smell emitting from my body. I had been too afraid to shower with Patrick, worried that he would walk into the room with me stark naked and have his way with me. At least when we slept, I was covered. There was something about being completely vulnerable when naked. My hair felt greasy and my clothes were grimy with mud and blood. Again, I blew the stray hair out of my face and shut the door. The only door left had to be the exit. If it wasn’t then it looked like that I would have to bust out the window and make a jump for it and hope to God that I didn’t break my leg in the process. I had to get back home; I needed to find out who killed my mother.

Cautiously turning the third doors handle; I held my breath hoping to god that it wasn’t locked. I let out a sigh of relief as it clicked and opened. Peeking my head out of the room, I looked down the long hallway. It was so quiet, and dark. As I made my way down the hallway, I could faintly hear sounds emitting from the bottom of the stairs. Creeping up to the railing that lead to the stairs, I peered down at the bottom stairs. A few men were standing at the base of the stairs, two of them wearing suits and the other two were Alec and a man that she had never seen before. Both of them were wearing black leather jackets covering their black v-neck shirts, a silver necklace dangling off their necks. Wearing simple dark jeans and shoes that made it easy to run in, I could tell that they worked together.

I didn’t know how long I stood there before they noticed me. Or well it was Alec that noticed me first. Saying a few words to the men that stood across from him, in turn making them turn and look for me. One of the men straightening his tie as if he was nervous and the other one hiding his face from my curious eyes.

“Emmbla, come down,” Alec called.

Jumping from my spot, I slowly walked down the stairs, feeling more and more self-conscious as I made my way to the men. They all looked so clean and well... I looked gross. Nervously tugging at the hem of my shirt, I approached the men, the nervous one looking down at me with something in his eyes that I didn’t expect to see. Glancing from face to face, the other man still had yet to make his face known to me. Gulping, I opened my mouth to speak, but before I could say anything I was enveloped in a hug.

My eyes widened as the nervous man put his arms around me. Looking towards Alec, he only smirked and turned the other way not saying anything. While the man that was dressed just like him only shook his head.

“Who are you?” I whispered, my arms still hanging by my sides. In a way I wanted to reach up and put my arms around the warm man. I was cold, gross and I wanted to go home.

Letting go of my body, the man took a step back and looked happily down at my small frame. His eyes, they reminded me of myself. Narrowing my eyes, he looked so familiar. I know that I had seen him before; somewhere I had seen his face. Widening my eyes, recognition clouded into my mind. There was no way that he could be that man, only because from the pictures he would have been old and wrinkly by now. Taking a step back I stared at him, his face becoming more and more familiar. I was almost the spitting image of him; except I was a female and my hair had been dyed blonde instead of the natural dark brown.

As if reading my mind he took another step forward and grabbing my arms keeping me from turning on my heel and running as fast as I could away from the hell that I was in.

“Yes darling, I am your father,” he murmured as he once again hugged me. Staring over his shoulder, my eyes were wide with shock. They grew even more in size as I watched the other guy in a suit turn to face me. His dark eyes piercing my bright ones.

I inhaled sharply as he loosened his tie and turned to face Alec and his partner. He was gorgeous, even more so than Cullen and Patrick could ever be. Stubble covered his face, and his hair was close to being black and styled as if he had just woken up and got out of bed. His nose was sharp, but it worked so well with the rest of his face. He was like a walking Adonis, only more beautiful.

Speaking quietly to them, so that I wouldn’t hear him, Alec and his partner nodded and turned to walk away. I opened my mouth to stop them; the only person I remotely knew was Alec from when I had first met him when he was with Cullen. I didn’t like that he knocked me out and kidnapped me. (like everyone else). He was just the only person I knew. Stopping in mid stride, he turned around to look at me. Nervousness clouded his eyes as he glanced at the man who had just spoken to him. Changing his mind, he turned and quietly whispered to the man in the suit. The man studied me as Alec spoke to him. Slowly nodding his head, Alec nodded and walked toward me.

Pulling me out of my father’s embrace, he led me back up the stairs and toward the opposite side of the place from where I had originally come. Grabbing onto his hand, he turned around his face void of any emotion. Pulling back on his hand, I stopped him in mid stride and made him turn to face me.

“What the fuck is going on?” I whispered as I scanned my surroundings. “Where the hell am I?”

He closed his eyes and ran a strong hand through his hair. Opening them back up, he only shook his head and nodded his head so that I would follow. As we walked, the air got more relaxed.

“He is your father,” he spoke up suddenly making me jump.

“I gathered that. We look alike,” I whispered as I moved a bit quicker so that I could keep up. Looking back at me, he smirked and nodded.

“You do.”

“How...” I began, but was interrupted as I ran into his back. Turning towards the double doors that he stopped at, he turned the handle and pushed the doors open. My eyes widen as I timidly walked into the spacious room.

The doors opened up to a lavishly furnished room. A king-sized round bed lied in the middle of the room. Curtains of fabric draping from the ceiling and cascading down showcasing the luxurious bed, the bed was colored royal purple, pillows surrounding the bed on the floor, some even going down the steps that lead up to the bed. My mouth dropped as I realized that the bed was higher than the rest of the furniture in the room. It was as if it was perched on top of a pedestal. Lanterns were placed along the walls, casting an eerie glow in the dark room. The windows that were across the room were covered in thick drapes, slightly open so that the moonlight could light the room up more.

I blinked twice as I walked into the room. My bare feet melting into the plush carpet. To the left was the entrance to on suite bathroom. Still too enamored with the beautiful bedroom, I continued to explore; my fingers tracing the mahogany dressers and the vanity. Closer to the enormous windows were places to sit. A small refrigerator placed in the corner, and soft plush couches were showcasing the large television that rested against the windows.

“Does this room suit you?” Alec asked from across the room, I could hear the humor in his voice. Turning toward him, my mouth still was open. Nodding slowly, I walked toward the large bed. “This house is your father's. He has lived here since you were born,” he began as he walked toward me as I laid on my bed. A groan left my lips; this was possibly the most comfortable bed that I had ever touched. “The man that was standing next to me is my partner, Pierre. He is the one that was originally ordered to go up to the main land and take care of the rumors of a human knowing about our kind. What we didn’t know that it was in fact Kelso’s daughter. You.

“I originally went to go visit Cullen, as you know me and him were rather close friends for some time. But when I saw you, I knew there was something different about you. After that, I began to watch your mom. I searched your house and tried to figure out as much as I could about you. That is how I found out who exactly you were,” he explained, pausing to let it all sink in he continued. “When I reported my findings to my boss, it was him that went straight to your father and talked to him. Admitting that he had in fact mated with a human was a shock for all of us.”

Sitting up from my bed I interrupted him. “I'm sorry what? Mated with a human? Does that mean that I’m..”

Nodding, Alec cut me off. “You aren’t a demon though. You are in fact a nymph. Only half though.”

Tilting his head to the side, he shook his head. “Maybe I should continue another time. You are in shock. Perhaps your father should explain it all to you. He knows about everything much better than me. I was just hired to take care of a human knowing of our existence. I shall leave you, I’ll come back later if you want me too.”

Nodding my head, I let a smile slip through my lips. “I’d love that.”

Smirking, he stood up from his spot next to me on my bed and began walking toward the doors that were still open.

“Wait!” I called, making him stop and turn his attention back to me. “Who is that other guy? The one in the suit that was next to my father?”

“His name is Dante. Be careful of him, he is dangerous. Your father works for him.”

I quickly thanked him, and in reply he only nodded and stepped through the doors, closing them behind him. Taking in a deep breath, I once again surveyed the room that had just been given to me by my father that I thought had been dead for years.

I felt as if I was in a dream, that none of this was real. The worst part was that the one person that I wanted to show and share all this with was somewhere so far away that I knew that I wouldn’t be able to reach him. Closing my eyes, I felt the tears prick at the edge of my eyes. With everything that I had already been told, about Patrick and Cullen’s family it seemed as if this revelation just wasn’t a shock.

But I was sure that in a few days to weeks that it would all come crashing down on me and I would be in total and complete shock.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another very long chapter. Only one more chapter to go before I start the sequel.

Recs:7 | Readers:1406 | Subscribers:170

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend it!

Image