Sequel: Insatiable
Status: Only two more chapters to go until finished!

Intensity

Chapter Eight

I smiled as I watched her scream. She was having a rather ugly nightmare if I did say so myself. The only annoying part of it all was that I couldn't see the details. It had something to do with Halloween that was it.

I sighed to myself as I leaned back, relaxing against the old tree that looked into her room. Her mother was old. Older than most parents now-a-days. Actually, she looked as if she would be blowing out her 70th birthday candle soon. Then again, her mother could just be her grandmother -taking place of her idiotic daughter’s actions. Yes, that would have to be it. The old woman kept her thoughts closely guarded. I only knew because I had already tried to get some answers to Emmbla's oddness. Apparently, no one knew.

I frowned a little bit as she woke up. In a cold sweat, I might add. Her chest rising and deflating quickly. It was almost a pleasant site to watch. Might I add that she was just wearing a t-shirt? No under garments what so ever. I watched in amusement as she pulled her raggedy blanket up to cover up the rest of her body. I watched her lips move quickly and her mother walk out of the room, only stopping for a moment to say something else. And Emmbla making a quick reply. Once her door shut, I sat up quickly, watching her throw her covers off of her, and making her way to the door where the old lady had just passed through horridly, she twisted the lock on the door handle and tried the door. When it didn’t budge, she locked another lock and walked briskly back over to her bed. I smirked as I watched goose bumps crawl up her legs, up her tummy, through her chest and down her arms. She was really something to look at whenever you took off the clothes.

I smiled to myself as I jumped down from the tree barely making any noise. She was still awake, her eyes wide staring out through her bedroom window. I know she saw me as I walked loudly through the fallen leaves that covered the ground outside her house. I laughed silently as I heard a window close and lock.

Tomorrow at school was going to be interesting.

-

The next day, I walked in through the bulletproof glass doors of the high school. Instantly the moment I stepped through the boundary of the free world and the educational atmosphere, girls bombarded me. When will they all realized that they look so purely disgusting to me? And half of them who wanted me were fucking loose or had some kind of fucking disease. The cheerleaders were the main ones.

As I walked up the central set of stairs, I instantly stiffened. Clare had spotted me, and wanted to talk. Her thoughts were vulgar and still hazy with the events of the nights before. Even though she thought it all was a dream, I made her think it was great for both. Why should someone be so disappointed in a wondrous dream?

"Culley!" she shouted, her stilettos clacking against the waxed linoleum floor. I grimaced at the nickname and quickly turned around masking my face.

"Hey." I nodded; she smiled big, obviously not realizing that she had some food stuck in between her teeth.

"How are you babe?" she purred, stroking my arm. I shrugged my shoulders and started to walk to class, making her run to catch up with my long strides. Emmbla would be in my first class. German. I had already mastered the language about forty or so years ago. But it's high school, remedial. If I remember correctly, she was a master at all of it.

"Babe?"

I was quickly thrown out of my thoughts and looked down. I shook my head and continued to walk.

"Cullen, what’s wrong?"

"I’m just tired, that’s all," I mumbled and continued on, leaving the girl behind embarrassed.

In class, the first thing I did was scan the room for the infamous Emmbla. Finding her in the back corner of the room. Her platinum blond hair falling over her features. I smiled smugly and walked toward where she was. My friends all looking at each other and smirking. They knew I was going to do something that would probably either piss her off, or make her cry. What can I say I have a way with the ladies. I slid my hands into my jacket pockets and plopped down right in seat in front of her.

"So, Emmbla how are you?" I said casually, she didn’t move, not even twitch a little bit. Her hair was still in front of her face.

"Emmbla?" I said again, this time more impatient and reached my hand over to push the hair out of her face.

"What?" she hissed, her head snapping up. And I came face to face with a tear stained face.

What was loud enough for the whole class to stop what they were doing and stare at her wide-eyed. She hadn’t spoken for years, only when needed too. She always spoke when the teachers called on her but never to another student. Never to me.

"Uh... um..." I stuttered, my thoughts forming too quickly for my brain to focus and send out the right set of words.

"What? Cat got your tongue? Or maybe, just maybe..." she began, her eyes narrowing with every word she spoke. But she never finished the sentence because within moments I was standing up and her and her desk were slamming into the ground.

"Shut the fuck up freak," I spat, as she lay on the floor barely moving. I knew right away that I hadn’t broken anything. She was moving too much for that. I was about to walk out of the classroom when I turned around and saw a very red-faced teacher, and the only thing coming out of her mouth way...

"Cullen and Emmbla. To the office now!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hehe, Thank you all for the marvoulous comments that I have been recieving =D
Please do continue commenting and subscribing.

xoxo -Amysteriousglint