Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Seventeen - An Impossible Current

I sighed in defeat, I wasn’t happy, I thought maybe, just maybe...

The damn head of English was still marking our assignments, I really hoped that we would get it back, maybe just.

But walking in today I found no Mrs Kulin, only some dim-witted substitute teacher. I have a deep respect for most teachers, they have to put up with so much crap from some of the students in this school, quite a number of the kids are so cruel. But this women, she annoyed the hell out of me, I thought I was going to either kill myself or her if I had to listen to her constant whining voice.

She walked into the class wearing clothing very similar, and I mean almost down to a T, to some of the more outgoing girls in our school.

Okay, to put it simply she was dressed like a whore.

This really isn’t a good idea when two-thirds of the guys in this class are always horny, I mean seriously, I think they are constantly turned on.

It creeps me out.

So with the guys ogling her chest, some of the girls started their bitching, obviously jealous from the attention the guys were giving to her and not them.

It may have been rather awkward but I found this scenario hilarious, I watched in glee as the now introduced Ms. Rodgers received death glares from a group of girls clad in clothing at least two sizes to small.

Does anyone really want to see that much cleavage?

Apparently so, the guys seemed to really enjoy this substitute, I just wanted Mrs Kulin back, I missed her. She was a great teacher, this one just droned on while whining over the volume level in the class room.

She gave up finally, telling us to finish some exercise in our books.

I was glad she shut up.

I had done the exercise, everyone had. Mrs Kulin had assigned it as homework two nights ago, I wasn’t complaining, didn’t seem as though any one else was either.

Chatter soon filled the classroom, friends turning chairs, making small circles, all talking to each other.

I just sat and watched, resting my head on the desk, I didn’t have any friends in this class, I didn’t have any friends here.

I didn’t mind though, I have Gerard.

Ms. Rodgers was re-applying her lipstick, dabbing away the excess onto a tissue, adding a little of mascara. You could tell she was wearing quite a lot of the stuff, sure I wear some eye-liner, eye shadow even but not to the extent of her. It’s like she was trying to hide behind some sort of factory made mask.

The thing is the make-up wasn’t natural nor did it make her look any more beautiful.

Why she put on so much was a mystery to me.

I didn’t get to think about her over use of make-up as the bell was ringing and kids were up and out of the classroom as fast as possible. I think it’s because they don’t want homework, if they weren’t in the class at the time they wouldn’t have to hear it, then they would obviously have an excuse for not completing anything.

Thankfully Ms. Rodgers seemed too interested in the foundation she was now rubbing on her cheek.

Classes moved slowly today, the time stretching out, ticking lazily as each minute past.

Well that’s how it felt anyway.

I was in sport, we were meant to be playing ultimate disc, which is just playing Frisbee with a bunch of athletically talented students.

I sat out, I had a “sprained” ankle, I sure do sprain my ankle a lot before sport. What can I say, I have no ability at all. I the whole idea of sport just bores me, annoys me.

I’m glad I’m not any good.

You know, I haven’t played my guitar in ages, I’ve gotten a little obsessed with my piano at the moment and have sadly rejected my beautiful guitar, I miss it. I think I’m going to play a little when I get home.

I haven’t got any homework at all today.

I’ll just cross my fingers for the next two classes.

I lay down along the bench, looking up at the roof of our gym, this place was huge, bigger than all the Chemistry labs combined. I like it though, since so many people come here for sport most of the science and history classes are a lot smaller.

I’m not saying that kids who play sport are brainless but because of the commitment to their preferred sport a lot of them don’t have enough time for subjects that require more than others, though some people here are just plain dumb most relying on their sport as acceptance to college.

They’ll get in, the kids here train really hard, though they also party hard to.

I spend the rest of my lesson mostly thinking about Gerard.

I know, can I get anymore corny, probably not, but it’s hard not to when you consider what has happened over the last week,

Or what happened last night.

“RING”

I swear that bell gets louder every time.

I’m off, glad to get out of there and back into my normal clothes, I struggle to move as fast as I can, almost ripping my t-shirt in the process.

Eh I couldn’t care, if it had ripped it could have matched my jeans.

I get to my locker in what would be considered record time, for me anyway.
Grabbing my physics and ancient history books I groan over the weight of my book pack, my physics books are huge, as heavy as bricks.

I wish that was literal, then maybe we wouldn’t have to carry them around every where.

I made a mad dash to the doors, escaping the sea of hormonal teenagers, dodging any close encounters I may have with any student. No one has any manners these days, they won’t move out of the way when you walk by, normally ending in me have to quickly shift not bumping into them by only a fraction.

Arr, they always get so bloody close to me.

I opened the door and let out a breath I had been holding in from my locker, lucky it was so close, if it was any farther from here I would have probably passed out. I had not even realised I was refusing to let oxygen into my lungs, pump in the blood that goes through my heart, keeping my alive.

I sighed in relief, which had come after I had let out a small squeal, the sight of Gerard was enough, but him with a coffee in hand, well it’s one of the greatest scenes ever.

“Hey Frankie babe, I’ve been waiting.”

“Babe? Oh and sorry about that, I came as quick as possible but you know how long it takes me to change from my gym clothes.”

A blush crept across Gerard’s cheeks, spreading, turning him bright red, even his ears.

I thought it was the most delightful incident that I had ever seen, considering I can’t think of anything else I find adorable, it’s quite the compliment.

Another new thing was Gerard embarrassed, that’s a first, he’s always so good at keeping everything inside, all his emotions, thoughts, needs.

“Sorr-r-ry, it just slipped out.” He was trying to cover up his embarrassment, his hair draped down covering his face, covering his eyes.

“Hey, Gee? I don’t mind, in fact I think I quite like the idea.”

He was still embarrassed, I decided that it had to stop. So, I crawled up beside him, resting myself into his chest, between his legs as he leaned against the wall.

He sighed, resting his head on top of mine.

“I brought you a coffee Frankie.”

“Oh I realised, let my have some.” I whined to him, the coffee just out of my reach, damn my short fingers.

He picked it up, holding the cup to my lips, letting me sip from it, then putting it back down next to him.

I smiled up at him, he was so nice to me, so gentle.

We were so close.

He took a sip from my coffee, putting it back again.

I let out a whimper, I wanted some to.

“Hah, you love this stuff so much.”

He got the cup again, letting me sip from it.

I pulled it from his hands though, taking a big gulp, I liked it when the burning coffee ran down my throat. Sounds sadistic I know, but it felt good.

“Hey Frankie, guess who’s coming home this weekend?”

I let out a shrill scream, hugging into Gee more.

“Is Mikey coming home?”

“Well duh Frankie babe.”

Another blush slightly tainted his cheeks.

I kissed him, trying to let him see that I liked this new nickname, enjoying the fact that he must call me that in his head, letting it slip on occasion.

“Yes, Yes, YES. I missed him Gee, I misssssss him so much. Fuck Yeah.”

He laughed at me as I hopped up, doing a little jig before snuggling back down into his chest.

“But, there’s a bit of a catch, for you anyway.”

I looked up at him puzzled.

“He’s bringing a friend, remember Alicia, his friend, the girl from the fountain.”

I paled a little, fuck, I hated meeting new people, and introductions were so awkward.

So bloody awkward.