Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Twenty-Two - I'm All Unraveled

Alicia smiled at me, her nervousness still apparent by the way her fingers were clasped together. Though, I couldn’t really talk since I was just standing here, in the middle of the living room, eyes wide open.

Gerard hugged his brother, complimenting both his new glasses and hairstyle. Then he turned to introduce himself further, telling Alicia more then the small welcome he had produced at the door.

As Gerard talked with Alicia Mikey came over to me, his face still highlighted with a worried look.

“Hey Frankie, I’m so sorry, I was hoping maybe this wouldn’t be too bad. I really just wanted you to meet her, she’s sort of special to me, you know.”

I guess I understood, if Alicia was special to him, if he really liked her, then of course we were going to meet her, I would probably be hurt if I hadn’t.

I’m glad Mikey has someone, like I have Gerard.

“Your not angry are you Mikey?” I whimper a little, fearing that he was.

“What? Frankie you know I couldn’t be mad at you, there’s no reason really. I just hope that maybe you could give her a chance, she really is wonderful Frankie. I wouldn’t have put you through this if she wasn’t”

Mikey sighed a little, looking over at Alicia who was now laughing at something Gerard had said. I could see it by the way he looked at her, Mikey really liked this girl, hell, from the adoration in his eyes, it might even be love.

“I’m going to say hello now Mikey”

I breathed in deeply before walking up to Alicia and Gerard, Mikey beaming a smile in my direction as I re-introduced myself. Not as F-F-Frank but Frankie, with a small smile and no urges to be suddenly sick all over her feet. Gee lightly held onto my arm, giving me the reassurance I needed.

After we had talked briefly, Mikey came over wrapping his arm softly around Alicia’s waist, joining in the conversation Gee was now having about Batman, unfortunately Alicia was a fan.

It’s so unfair, no one ever sides with me on Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, not even Mikey.

“Oh, I just love the signal in the night sky.” Alicia almost cooed.

“Yeah, Batman was always the greatest superhero.” Gerard added.

Mikey nodded to both in agreement.

I couldn’t help it, Batman really had nothing on the Ninja Turtles, they were much cooler.

“You’re all wrong, wrong, wrong. Batman is boring, and creepy, he has way to much muscle and is no where was cool as Michelangelo.”

Gee giggled at my sudden outburst, “Frankie was scared of Batman when he was younger, He’s much more of a Mutant Teenage Ninja Turtles fan.”

Now everyone was laughing.

“Hey, Batman is creepy guys, all that muscle under his suit! Robin was even worst, I thought he looked more like a villain than the Joker.”

Alicia grinned at me. “Well actually, I can kind of see where your coming from.” agreeing with my previous statement, causing Mikey to gasp.

Gee pulled me closer to him, “Oh don’t worry Frankie, I save you from Robin.” he whispered in my ear as Mikey took Alicia into see Mumma Donna, causing me to shiver slightly.

He quickly pecked my lips as we heard Alicia being welcomed by Donna, hugging me softly, letting me go soon after.

“You’re doing so well now Frankie, I’m proud.” Gerard beamed at me, the honesty in his words quite obvious.

“Well Mikey said she was important and if she is, then I’ve got to be nice.” I giggled a little more as Gerard pulled me into another hug.

“I was worried before, you looked a little freaked out, but you look fine now, all pretty and everything.” Gee cooed to me as a deep blush spread on my cheeks.

“Don’t say that Gerard, I’m not pretty, your pretty, hell, your beautiful.”

“No, no, no, lets stay even, you are pretty, I am pretty and we both sound like teenage girls. Everyone is happy”

I poked my tongue out at him, pushing him slightly.

Mikey and Alicia came back out, hands held together. “You guys want to go now? Alicia’s got to be back by four.” Mikey asked us, as I leaned against Gerard’s shoulder.

Once everyone was ready, we were in the car, Mikey driving with Alicia shot gun. I didn’t mind at all though, I would rather sit next to Gee. We all talked well, mostly Mikes, Gee and Alicia but there was still not much awkwardness and clearly no vomiting on my behalf.

Everything was going pretty well.

The car was parked, and we were all walking through the car park on the mall, I was tagging behind a little, interested in the small black beetles that littered our path.

We were getting closer when I noticed Steve and three of his friends, standing next to some expensive looking car.

I walked a little faster catching up to Gee when Steve called out my name.

I turned to see his group walking towards us, I recognized two of the boys to be his younger brothers, and the other I hadn’t seen before. They stopped, the three boys standing behind Steve a little, I guess he wanted to say hello.

Since he hadn’t said anything, I decided to end the slightly awkward silence, “Hey Steve, How are you today?” I asked politely while staring straight at him.

He just looked at me strangely.

“See, I told you guys he was a fucking freak.”

He turned to his friends, completely ignoring the fact that I could hear his whole conversation. I was taken back, sure Steve hadn’t been that nice to me but hey, I thought that maybe he wanted to be friends, he did call out my name.

Gerard growled a little, “Shut the fuck up Steve, just leave us alone.” I moved closer to Gee, this was becoming uncomfortable.

“What did you say? Why don’t you just leave with your little boyfriend over there, he’s so fucking insane.”

I could see Gerard tensing up, this was really confusing me, what the hell did I do to Steve. I’m not crazy, and I hardly even talk to him, well I haven’t since that desk incident. Oh, I think I understand now, Steve must have me messed up with someone else.

It would make a lot of sense.

I didn’t want embarrass him in front of everyone but I really didn’t want to have to get any closer, even being this close to Steve was starting to disgust me.

“Umm, Steve I-I think you have me confused with someone else, I think you’ve just gotten a little confused that’s all. But don’t worry I won’t be offended, it must be pretty embarrassing.”

Everyone was quiet now, all looking at me strangely, was it something I said?

“What the hell?”

“Leave. Us. Alone” Gee growled.

I was just standing there, Steve in front of me, Gerard to my right, when suddenly Steve punched me, bam, right into my left eye.

It shocked the hell out of me and I let out a startled yelp as my head hit the gravel.

My eye was throbbing in its socket, I was obvious from the amount of pain I was experiencing that Steve had a good right punch, also that my eye was going bruise.

I just lay there, the feeling of pure disgust washing over me, making me sit up, retching twice, but leaving the ground bare.

I still felt sick though.

I slumped back the ground, pain becoming apparent at the very back of my head, seeing the blood on the ground, I realised I must of scratched it on the gravel.

Alicia and Mikey were quickly at my side, though my eyes searched for Gerard, starting to tear up from everything that had happened.

I heard him cry out, my Gee letting out a yelp, a fist splitting his lip.

Mikey jumped up, trying to pull Gerard away before he was hurt, before he hurt someone.

He landed one dead on, a crack sounding from Steve’s nose, blood pouring down his face.

They bolted, now scared of the brute force behind Gerard’s punch.

Finally realising I was still on the ground Gee rushed over to me as I tried to just hide from everyone, hide from the world.

Tears were quickly escaping, soon my small sobs turned into hysteria.

I can’t believe he hit me, he touched me and for what? I don’t even know why. It was disgusting, absolutely vulgar, sickening.

He was so violent, why?

I was starting to hyperventilate, gasping for air. I grabbed hold of Gerard’s shirt pulling myself as close as possible. He just whispered in my ear, sweet nothings and it was helping, slowly calming me down to a few choked sobs.

He covered my face in kisses, from my cheeks, to my lips and around my newly bruised eye.

He was trying to make me better and I loved him for it.

I slowly looked up to a bewildered Mikey and Alicia, realising that Gee had just kissed me, in a more-than-a-friend way.

“Whoa, okay, what the fucking hell just happened?” Mikey asked.

“I don’t know, I think he got me confused with someone else.” I tried to think up a reasonable explanation.

Gee just looked down at me, a smile across his face, sighing, he shook his head.

“Baby, Steve knew it was you the whole time, he just doesn’t like you, obviously has a problem with you for some reason. And Steve being Steve, he had to use his fist instead of what small amount of intelligence he had. Your so naïve sometimes, so innocent, damn I fucking love you.” he hugged me close but I had to push him away as the bile finally escaped my throat.

“Shit, Frankie you okay?” Mikey asked in shrill yell.

I just nodded resting my head on my knees.

“That’s not what I was asking anyway, Gerard what the hell is going on?”

Gee looked down at me, the blood from the scratch on the head had matted some of my hair together and I really needed to get some ice on my eye.

“Mikey why don’t you go see the movie with Alicia and we’ll talk later. okay?”

“You sure?”

“Yeah we’ll be fine, you go, I’m sure Alicia would appreciate it after everything.”

Mikey left sighing, shaking his head a little as he hugged Alicia.

“Oh Frankie, come here.”

I finally stood up, Gerard wrapping his arms around me, a soft sob escaping into my neck.

“I was so worried Frankie.”

I just let me rest his head against my shoulder, nuzzling his face into my neck.

“Come on Frank, let’s go home.”