Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Twenty-Four - Too Lovely To Be True

Gerard had decided that my head needed medical attention, administered by him of course.

I was up in the bathroom, sitting on the bench, resting my back against the wall. Gee, upon realising that he didn’t have anything to actually help with the cut on the back of my head, had quickly run over to my house, since we had a small first aid kit in the kitchen cupboard. I was getting a little annoyed, he really didn’t need to worry about it, it was hardly a cut and it didn’t hurt very much, only if I touched it.

But this is how it always is, I get hurt and Gerard is suddenly a doctor, coming to my aid. I loved how much he cared, but I really don’t see why, why me?

I guess I’ll never really know, but Gerard does deserve better, better than me anyway.

I heard the front door slam shut, foot steps running up the stairs, the bathroom door squeaking. Gee was back, the small kit in hand. He puffed a little, I’m guessing the smoking wasn’t exactly helping with his health. I wish he wouldn’t smoke, he may be fine now but what about later, if I’m still around I don’t want to lose him.

Catching his breath, Gerard was opening the first aid kit, finding the antiseptic wipe quickly.

Damn, I bet it’s going to sting.

“Babe, you’re going to have to hop off the bench, I can’t reach your head from here.”

I huffed a bit, I didn’t want the stupid wipe near my head, I hate it when it stings.

Shaking my head, I refused to move from my spot.

“Frankie, please? I don’t want you to get an infection. Please baby, please?”

I groaned, hopping off and getting closer to him.

“You’ve got to turn around Frankie.”

I did what I was asked, it was for the best I suppose, though that didn’t make it sting any less.

Gerard let his fingers run along my neck briefly, tickling my skin just slightly. I heard him sigh and wondered what was wrong. Turning back around, Gee was searching through the bathroom cupboard, looking around, his hands tugging out towels with dissatisfaction. Pulling out a small wash cloth, I could see he had found what he’d been hunting for.

I just sighed, this was going to take forever.

He wet the cloth, turning back to me, “Frankie, you’ve got some blood and a little dirt stuck in your hair, I’m just going to wash it first with the cloth, to clean it babe. Don’t worry I’ll be gentle.”

“Okay Gee.”

I turned around, my back now facing him as he started to gently wipe the now dried blood from my hair. I winced slightly as he bumped the cut, I’m such a baby when it comes to cleaning cuts and scrapes.

As a child I would never let anyone get splinters out for me, I had to do it because if I did then I knew what was going to hurt me. Though, I was never any good at that stuff and ended up with infections more often than not.

“Fuck Frank I’m sorry, I’ll be careful.”

“It’s… It’s okay Gee, just clean it okay, just get it over and done with.”

Soon the dried blood and dirt was gone and I was now wincing as the antiseptic was being wiped across the small gash. Gerard was trying to be careful, trying to not make it hurt, but hell it’s antiseptic, there’s not much you can do.

“All done Frankie.”

I looked back at him, his lip didn’t look that good, hmm, maybe I should help him out, he did clean my cut.

“Gee, your lip is fucked, let me clean it, kay?”

“Hmm, yeah okay Frankie.”

I got another antiseptic wipe, ripping it out of its white packet. I beckoned for Gerard to come closer, so I could reach his lip, his beautiful lips.

I finished his lip without him wincing once, I’m such a wuss.

“All better.” I cooed.

Gerard just giggled wrapping as arms around my body, pulling me even closer than I already was. I nuzzled my head into his neck, having to remind myself about his lip, though it didn’t seem to hurt him in the car park. I thought back to our little, escapade, smirking. But it soon faded when the worry crept in, what would Mikey say?

I can only hope he’s fine with it.

“Come on Frankie, let’s lay down for a while?” Gee said, though it was more of a question than anything.

“Yeah, let’s lay down.” I tugged Gerard towards his bedroom, flopping myself down on his massive bed.

We curled up together, my head on his chest, his arm around my waist, stroking my hip lightly. I guess we dosed off a little, well I did any way, because next thing I know Gerard is shaking me softly, whispering things that I could barely understand.

“Whhhaaat baby?” I asked yawning.

“Frankie, Mikes is home, we’ve got to go talk to him babe.” I didn’t move.

“Come on up, up, up.”

Gee tugged me out of bed, it wasn’t my fault that I didn’t want this conversation to happen, it’s going to be awkward that’s for sure.

Patting my hair down a little and rubbing my eyes, I trudged out from Gerard’s room and down the stairs, Gee’s hand in mine. I was grasping it tightly, scared of what might happen, you never know what could happen, as much as I hoped he’d be fine with it, I can’t be sure.

“Mikey, umm... I think we need to talk to you.” Gee spoke up, I lifted my head to see Mikey standing in the doorway of the living room. Seeing him there just freaked me out even more and I almost clung to Gee.

“Well ye-yeah, I…. I think we do.” He was nervous, I guess our hands clasped together only further acknowledged our relationship, to him anyway.

Right foot forward, move your left Frank, talking to myself was probably not the sanest thing to be doing right now but when you’re freaking out enough that your feet aren’t working properly then I think you have a reason.

Though I never seemed to need one before.

Everything seemed stiff, rigid, both Gerard and I sat bolt straight on one couch while Mikey was sitting nervously in front of us. His hands were twisting, but so were mine. His eyes darted back between Gee and I sometimes landing on my arm tightly wrapped around Gee’s. At the moment Gerard’s arm was the only thing stopping me from either running or being sick and I wanted to do neither. Sure this whole thing seemed a lot easier when I was thinking about it with Gerard but actually sitting here knowing that after this one conversation I may just lose my best friend, that’s what’s causing the churning of my stomach, that’s what’s causing the thudding pain pressing behind my eyes.

Gerard knew I wasn’t going to be the one speaking and I’m sure he didn’t want to deal with me being sick so with a quick look down at me he started one of the most terrifying conversations of my life.

“Look… Mikey I… you saw… um today” Gerard stumbled around the words, prolonging the fact that in the next few minutes Mikey may be scarred for life.

“Gerard, you… you kissed Frank, kissed him, on his lips. You kissed him on his lips Gerard! Why the fuck did you do that, whh-hhat…. Whh-yy… that wasn’t normal Gee, friends don’t do-o-oo that.”

Mikey stuttered through his questions, a trait that he had long out grown.

“Mikes, please, calm down.”

‘But-t…”

“Mikey, Frank and I… well… we’ve..”

God, honestly how long was this going to take, I just want to get over and done with, then boom run out the door.

A very Frank Iero thing to do, running away that is.

Mikey and Gerard were silent again, it was so fucking awkward, everything was just so wrong.

“Mikey, He-he’s my boyfriend!” I shouted, with out thinking of course.

I was now bright red, Gerard was just staring at me and poor Mikey looked like he had just been slapped around the head with some sort of fish, tuna maybe?

“What?”

“Mikes, Frank and I are seeing each other, he-he’s my boyfriend Mikey.” Gerard explained to Mikey, he was seemingly calm considering the situation at hand.

“Your-r What?” Mikey just stayed the same, the wide eyes and open mouth now imprinted in my memory.

“Mikey, Frank is my boyfriend, I-I love him Mikey, I love him.”

That made me smile, my cheeks suddenly blushing and I’m sure both brothers could see. He has told he loved before but to hear him say it to someone else, to actually profess his love for me to his very brother, the feeling was almost euphoric and in a very cliché way, it made me feel alive.

“You love F-F-Frank, but he’s like our brother, like our little brother, how could you like him like that Gerard?”

“Mikes I loved him for a long time, fuck I loved him for what seems like for ever.”

I stayed quite not wanting to join in, I hate being in the spot light.

“Do you love him? Do you F-Frank? DO YOU!” Mikey almost screamed the last part, his cheeks flushing redder by the second.

I guess he really wanted to know.

“Yes Mikey, I-I-I love him, He… I…. Mikey I just love him so much, can’t you see it?” I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t here that, Mikey was scaring me and I just wanted to curl up and shut all this out.

Small tears pricked in my eyes, sticking to my eyelashes, I wish I wouldn’t cry but it’s a little too late when tears are quickly caressing your face. Gerard pulled me close, letting my body nearly melt into his, his hand soothingly running across my face, wiping away the sadness, the tears.

The look on Mikey’s face softened and honestly if it was possible I would danced in joy, Mikey angry is never a good thing.

“Oh Frank, I-I’m sorry, fuck I’m sorry. But I didn’t know, I… you never told. Fuck I didn’t even know you were gay Frankie.”

I sighed, closing my eyes and just sitting there, nothing moving except the ragged breaths entering my body.

“Wait, you didn’t know Frank was gay? So you knew that I was?” Gee asked sounding stunned, taken back at the least.

Wait, if Mikey did know how come he didn’t say anything?

“Well… umm… Gee I-I never wanted to tell you that I-I knew, I just thought you’d come to me when you-u were umm… ready.”

“How the fuck did you know?” My poor Gee was still confused, looking quizzically over at his younger brother. Sighing a little I nuzzled my head into his side, waiting for Mikey’s response.

“Oh…well…I had always thought that maybe you… um were bu-but….” A deep blush set quickly across not only his face but down his neck, also covering ears.

He paused, “….One night… I-I just wanted to speak-k to you, you’re my brother okay, I just wanted to speak-k. I went to speak to you Gee and…and you were um… you know…. with that sport magazine… I swear I ju-just wanted to talk-k.”

Aww they were both embarrassed now, maybe not the best time to be finding anything cute, but Gerard was now as red as a tomato, twisting his hands in his lap. Oh and poor Mikey was glancing anywhere but at his brother, a look of pure humiliation facing me.

I think Mikey finally realised why we were here in the first place and was now just watching both Gerard and I.

“We love each other Mikes and we were going to tell you, you’ve got to trust me on that, you know I wouldn’t lie, it’s just that this was the first time we’ve really gotten the chance.”

I looked up at Mikey, my eyes pleading for him to accept us, “Mikey just please… please don’t hate us. Don’t hate your brother, hate me, but not your brother.”

“Frankie, I-I don’t hate either of you, I thought this had been going on fo-r-r awhile, I thought I’d caught out your secret, something you hid from me for years, I’m just scared of losing you two while in college. That when I come home you’ll won’t want to see me, won’t want to know me”

Gerard was up quicker than the punch that bruised my eye, both brothers were hugging. I sat back just watching, it’s times like these that I wish I had a sibling, hell even a pet. I guess it just astounds me, the relationship they have, if I had a brother, I would suck at it.

“Frankie?” Gee called me over to him, I guess he thought he was leaving me out, I don’t mind too much, they were brothers, and I was just Frank.

I really have to stop thinking like that, Gee loves me, I’ve got to remember.

Soon we were all hugging, hopefully a good sign, but it started to get sappy, soon we’ll be eating ice cream, crying over lost boyfriends and giving each other pedicures.

Actually I wouldn’t mind some ice cream.

“Look-k Frankie, Gee… I-I don’t exactly like this, but well if-f your happy….just no bloody kissing and crap, it’s not that your guys, but hell, it’s Frank, he’s practically my little brother.”

I just laughed at the flustered look on Mikey’s face, hugging him tight once more before my craving for ice cream took over.

“Damn I want frickin ice cream” I just let it burst out. I was so hungry, I hadn’t had anything today except for that coffee.

They both just looked at me, I guess I wrecked a moment, yet again.

I just stared at both boys blankly.

“What?” Gee asked laughing.

“I said, I want some frickin ice cream Gerardddd, I’m so bloody hungry.”

“Oh shit, you haven’t had any food babe.”

“Obviously, see how grumpy he is now.” Mikey piped in.

“Come here you.”

I was soon being almost… snuggled by Gerard, damn did I love him.

I loved him so much.

----------------

[A/N Sorry for the wait, though this one is quite a bit longer than all the others. Remember, comments make me happy..... on the inside :D]