Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Seven - Flying In Our Own Orbit

We'd only been here about an hour, the usual place, Norvin Green State Forest.

Nothing much to do in the summer holidays, I had pretty much wasted them away with my guitar, Mikey and Gee of course.

I had only two days left and I wasn't to keen on going back, but who is? I guess I might have be a little more enthusiastic about the whole idea if Mikey or even Gee were going to be there because being on your own for a year is going to get a little boring. I spent all my classes except music alone so I'm use to that, but I really did cherish lunch times with Mikey.

I guess I'll be eating lunch all alone this year.

The moon wasn't out much tonight, just peeping out like a sideways smile, reminds me of that cat from Alice in Wonderland. I use to love that movie, I had a fascination with the caterpillar but at the age of seven I didn't realise that it was probably giving Alice some sort of drug.

I'm not sure if it's actually safe to be here at night, Newark isn't exactly the safest town, though there weren't as many murders here compared to other parts of Jersey. But I had Gerard and we'd slept here quite a lot of times before with out threat.

I'm just glad my mum doesn't realise where we are.

Come to think of it, sleeping here is kind of strange, if someone saw us I wonder would they think we were homeless?

This place is comfy though, where we sleep is really grassy and with a sleeping bag it's pretty nice. I would never sleep out here in winter though, ha who would? The place would be covered in snow. Though I am getting a little cold here now, but, that's why I've got Gerard.

Sighing quietly, I turn to face Gerard, he looking up at the star scattered sky, he seemed deep in thought.

I don't have a clue what about though, I can never tell what Gee's thinking, not even Mikey can.

That always makes me a little upset, Gee can always read me and I'm not sure if it's because I show my feelings easily or if he can just understand me because he's known me for so long.

"Hey, Gerard, you okay? I ask him meekly.

"Yeah, just thinking about stuff, I miss Mikey a lot"

"Don't worry Gee, I miss him to, he'll be fine though, he likes college, and he's quite good at all that independent crap."

Gerard was silent again, staring back up at the sky, I watched him intently, trying to figure out what was going on in that striking head of his, he looks sad that's for sure.

"You don't think I'm a failure do you Frankie?"

"What!" I almost shouted, Gerard a failure, fuck no.

He looked away from me, a shy almost embarrassed look upon his face.

"Gerard, look at me, good, now you better listen before I box your head in. You are no failure and I don't have a clue what gave you that fucking idea anyway. You are doing the thing you love and you are excelling in it as well. So don't fucking ask if you're a failure."

I had gone and gotten emotional over something again, I guess I get a little passionate sometimes.

You can probably see why I got in trouble in English so much.

Gerard's face held a look of shock, mixed in with what I hoped was understanding. I didn't want him to believe he was a failure, he was one of the most diligent people I know.

"I just thought since Mikey actually left for college and that I stayed at home, that maybe you saw me staying as some sort of failure." Gee spoke, his voice cracked half way, fuck I think I had upset him.

"Gee, I'm glad you stayed, what the hell would I do with out you here, you know I don't like being alone for to long. I would have died if it was alone at school and home, well there's mum, but that doesn't count."

"Aww Thank you Frankie, I'm glad I stayed to, can you imagine me trying to make friends, they'd near have a heart attack. I'm just glad we met while I was still a friendly kid."

I laughed at that, it was true though, Gerard could seem a bit cold, maybe harsh even, not really in his looks, hell no, not in his looks, he was fucking gorgeous, everyone and his cousin would think so. It's more in how he spoke and the way he carried his body in front of strangers. Though he was happy, cheerful but still mysterious Gerard to Mikey and I.

If I had just met him, I would be hell scared.

"I'm going to be all alone now." Gerard whined.

I was glad to see he was back in high spirits again.

"Don't worry you can see me after school, I promise" I half giggled back to him.

"Oh, oh, I've just thought of the most ingenious plan" Gee now had a half smile, half smirk across his face.

"Do tell..."

"Nope you'll just have to wait until you're Back . At . School."

"Aww Gerardddddd, please?"

"Nope, no way Jose, I'm not telling"

"hmmp, fine then" I replied turning my back to him, damn I was curious.

"Hey it's only two days" Now he sounded sad.

"Okay, okay"

We talked for ages, nothing serious, no we'd had enough of the serious stuff tonight.

I got sleepy though, I think Gee did to. So the night ended with me tightly curled up against Gerard's chest.

Gosh, he really was warm.