Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Eight - Just a Couple of Misfits

The sound of "Thriller" screeched through my ears as I was rudely awoken from what I would call a perfect slumber.

Blinking for a second, I realised my mum was now yelling at me to turn it down. Ahh, I finally realised why music was playing loudly throughout my room. I switched off my alarm clock, giving my ears some peace before starting the day.

I groaned, waking up at six in the morning should be illegal, hmm you know I could make some sort of persuasive argument to back up my point.....

"Frank, are you up yet?" Mum yelled from some where downstairs, mostly probably the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah" I grumbled

Hopping out of bed, I quickly moved over to my dresser, slipping some shirt over my head and tugging on a pair of black jeans.

Flipping the switch to my straightening iron, I grabbed my stick of eye liner and outlined my eyes in black. Now that was done I glided the straightening iron through my hair, letting my now bolt straight fringe cover my eye.

I was finished, finally, I hated getting ready in the mornings, way to much effort.

Rushing out of my room I tripped over a pile of dirty clothes, letting out a whimper I picked myself up and now stumbled down the stairs.

I grabbed the messenger bag that I had packed last night, it held everything I needed, was heavy as hell though.

Mum gave me a smile as I jerked on my beat up converse.

I was ready, giving mum a quick hug I left the house with a sigh of relief.

Thankfully mum hadn't seen my room before I left or she would have kept me behind to clean it.

I don't want to miss Gerard.

This was tradition, usually it was Mikey, Gee and I, im really glad that this year Gerard decided to stick to it.

Glancing at my watch, I've got to make it to Starbuck's in... fuck seven minutes.

I picked up my pace, watching the houses lined up the street, most looked way to similar for my liking, hell for anyone's liking.

Only reason anyone lived here was because of the price, houses in Newark were dirt cheap.....

....Really what good does waking up at six do, you will only be tired for the rest of the morning and if you had slept to seven you probably would be less testy. Hell, if school started at 9:30am, I could be up at seven, meet Gerard at eight and be at school at nine-twenty, leaving ten minutes for me to get to my locker and find the books I would need. It was a valid argument that's for sure, I should bring it up with the principle, but I doubt Mrs. Chancre would have liked that. She probably would have seen it as daft, though I bet the whole of the school would sign some sort of petition. No one wants to have to wake up at six o'clock.....

I'd made it, with... shit I was 10 minutes late, he won't mind though, next time I won't spend all that time thinking.

I think way too much, I suppose I'll just have to relax more, it would probably help me in the long run.

A smile lit up on my face as I saw him sitting in our spot, it was tradition, ever since, hell, since I started high school we've come here. I never use to get a coffee though, I hated the stuff back then.

I'd come to meet Gee and Mikey so we could walk to school together. From then on everyday we'd meet up here, I am now addicted to the stuff, can't get enough of coffee. Have to say it's a lot better addiction then Gerard's, he may love coffee but he also has a thing for cigarettes.

I don't mind so much, it's his choice, I would never smoke but I honestly don't mind the smell.

It pretty much reminds me of Gee.

Sneaking up behind him, I gently wrapped my arms around his shoulders.

He jumped in surprise the look of shock that was spreading across his face was soon turning into a smile.

We both walked up to Cindy, she works the counter in the mornings, we have both come to know her well.

"I'm not even going to ask,I already have everything set up to make your orders, I've just been waiting for short-stuff here."

Cindy laughed at the face I made when she called me short, I really don't like it. Only good thing about being short is that I get really good hugs, don't know why but it seems that at my height all hugs are great, well it's not like i get many anyway, most people don't want some five foot four guys being sick all over them.

With our coffees in hand we left the Star Bucks, slowly making our way to school.

"You know it's funny I left this hell hole ages ago but I still walk here everyday." Gerard half grumbled.

"You walk here to keep me company, it's cause you love me" I half giggled.

"Yeah.." Gerard replied sarcastically.

"Hey, you better" I pulled my free fist up to my chest threatening to punch him.

"Don't worry, Frankie of course I do"

"Ha ha, I'd knew you would back down once you saw my fist of steel."

"Frank I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm pretty sure you are one of the weakest people I know, hell, you are the weakest person I know."

"No way, I can beat up anyone with these babies." I kissed my knuckles.

"Sure you can Frankie" Gee laughed at me as a frown spread across my face.

"I'll make you pay, run in fear Gerard, run in fear"

"Pfft, whatever Frankie."

Throwing my empty cup in a bin I ran towards him, planning to head butt him square in the stomach, that'll make him pay. But just as I got close to hitting him, Gee grabbed me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Geeeeeeeeee, Put. Me. Down. NOW" I kicked and squirmed as he continued to carry me down the foot path.

"Gee, you better put me down, this is maing me feel sick." I groaned.

He let me down quickly, though much to my disappointment I was now standing in front of my school.

Gerard looked a little down now, he didn't head back to "Newark, school of fine art" for another week.

"Hey, I'll see you this afternoon, don't worry"

"Oh no, hahaha, I've got a surprise for you Frankie-boy"

Gerard left laughing like a madman, a gorgeous madman that's for sure.