Medically Speaking You're Adorable

Chapter Nine - When You Reappear

I walked down the busy halls, feeling a slight wave of nausea sweep over me.

I hate so many strangers being to close, which is just so strange. Sometimes I don't even understand myself, which probably isn't a good thing.

My locker, my locker.... ahh found it, damn, It's not close to any of my classes, only thing its close to is the indoor basketball court, like I'm going in there any time soon.

Thankfully I could get this ridiculously heavy messenger bag off my poor shoulder and fill my new locker with books I already hate.

I've got five minutes before the bell rings, I scan the hall, nothing much has changed, at my school you can't really "label" any groups, sure there are popular people but most groups around here are mixed social cliques.

I'm glad I'm not part of any circle, there's really no one here I'd want to be friends with.

No one like Gerard or Mikey.

I cringe as yet another squeal meets my ears, seems some friends haven't seen each other all holidays. I just wish they wouldn't scream so loud, how badly could they have been missed while travelling on some marvellous holiday?

I haven't been on a holiday for ages, mum can't really afford one since it's only her working. I don't mind though I've got everything I need here and I really don't have a clue what I would do with just my mum for a couple of weeks.

I'm lucky though Gee and Mikey hardly go on holidays, so normally we're stuck here together, it's great.

"RINGGGGG"

Argh, the sound of the bell crudely interrupts my thoughts, sending me down two hallways and through a set of doors. I'm here, What the Hell, some new kid has taken my place, second desk, second row, it's always my spot. I starting freaking out now, I'm too afraid just to make him move.

What am I meant to do if he says no.

I stalk over to the desk, my face flushed,

"Umm, your sitting in my desk", I say to this new guy, my voice comes out shaking, damn it, that's my desk.

"What, we just started, how can this be your desk, you do know school only began today." The guy laughed, replying to me slowly as if I had trouble understanding.

"I know that dipshit, but I always sit in the second desk, second row, every year and I'm asking you to move, Now"

"Hell no, go find some other desk you fucking freak. Are you bloody high or something?"

I growled low in my throat, it was my desk and I need it back, "Get. Out. Of. My. Fucking. Desk"

"Hey, you better get out, the kid's frickin crazy, he's obsessed with the number two or something, you better just move before he plans on killing you." Some smart ass guy called Steve called out.

I'm not bloody crazy, it was my desk.

So, I gave the kid a glare and stood my ground, I needed my desk back.

"Fine, fine, have it creep" The guy left frowning.

You know, I'm glad that Steve told him I was crazy, I bet he wouldn't have moved otherwise. I turned and thanked Steve, earning worried glances from a couple of kids who had decided to eavesdrop of the conversation.

Heck, I couldn't care, I've got everything I need.

I slipped into my chair, sighing, damn I loved this desk, I just couldn't think straight in the others, this really was the one for me.

I smiled wistfully, thinking about all the time I had wasted over the summer holidays, hell it was some of the best times in my whole life, I'm glad it's over though, it means more holidays soon, it means leaving school, finally.

I don't hate school, I'm just not much of a fan. I just really hope my desk is free in other classes, I don't want to have to face a rematch of before, that guy was way to close to me for my liking.

Time slowly slipped out of my reach, I moved from class to class, being told what the curriculum was for this year. I didn't really hear though, I was still cherishing the fact that no one had taken my desk again, that encounter left me feeling a little sick.

"RINGGGG", the bell signifying lunch had rung and awoken me from the trance I'd been in, first days are always boring. At least on normal school days the work keeps me from thinking to much, it keeps me "awake", it keeps me alert.

I hopped up from my spot, grabbing my now almost empty messenger bag, I'm so glad it's not heavy anymore, carrying it hurt like hell.

My bag had just been emptied and re-filled, sounds like some sort of store. I guess my locker is sort of like a pawn shop, I give something and receive something else in return, swapping back and forth continuously.

Making my way into the cafeteria, I lined up. The food was dreadful here, so was the coffee but it was drinkable, just. What's bad is we aren't allowed to leave to get food, it's here or nothing. Good idea though, if we were allowed to leave they wouldn't sell a thing.

I picked up a green apple and asked for my coffee, paying, I left the line with a shudder, people always stand so close in lines.

I was now walking outside, over to the usual spot behind the indoor basketball court, hey, my locker is near the lunch spot, don't know what good that is though.

I sit letting out a sigh as I sipped my coffee.

"You really are addicted to that stuff aren't you Frankie-boy"

I screamed, flinging my head back hitting it against the brick wall.

"Fuck!!" I pretty much squealed though, the sight in front of me was the most extraordinary thing ever.

"Shit, Frankie, Frank, you okay? Damn I shouldn't have done that I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"

I rubbed my head a little before letting a smile rip across my face, this had to be the greatest surprise ever, Gee was now kneeling down next to me lightly cradling my head, making sure I hadn't lost my brain or something.

"You're here, YES, this makes lunchtime fan-fucking-tastic." I was still smiling, my grin somehow getting wider by the second.

"So, this was the surprise you were talking about this morning?" I had completely forgotten all about his so called "surprise".

"Well yes, I just hadn't planned on you getting banged in the head"

"Who cares, your here, and damn, you didn't did you, aww heck yes, you brought me Starbucks!" I flung myself onto to Gee hugging him tight.

"I thought I would be all alone, wait, you do know you could get into trouble right?"

"Eh, when have they ever come out here? I don't care, home's boring and I wanted to see you"

I grabbed my coffee, taking a gulp and letting it burn the inside of my mouth.

I never could understand him, but maybe I didn't really want to.

He was wonderful, wonderfully insane as well.

Gerard really does make my day.