Pushing My Limits

Two.

The show was nearly over, we had one more song to do. I looked over across the sea of fans. Our fans, my fans, and smiled. This smile, though, was genuine.

On-stage, it was the only place i was really, truly happy. No one could tell me what to do out here, i felt invincible. I felt safe.

I strode over to the microphone stand, and pushed my microphone into place, pushing my sweaty hair out of my eyes, i blinked out the light.

I looked over at Matt who was adjusting his strings, strumming softly.

"I LOVE YOU SONNY" i heard someone yell from the front row, a sense of belonging and happiness began to set in.

"Awh, thank you. I love you too" I announced into the microphone, causing what must have been about ninety percent of the girls in the room to scream. I stepped back a couple of steps and giggled to myself. This people were cheering for us, these people idolized us.

Walking back towards the Mich, Matt began to softly strum out a melody, meaning i had to begin with the speech. I wasn't going to make it as long as usual, these kids came for the music, not to hear me drone on about anything and everything.

"SCREAM FOR US MANCHESTER" I yelled, to a amazing noise of screams and claps, nearly every hand in the stadium was held up, making horns.
"I love you, and you, and you" i pointed out individual members of the audience i could make out.
"I love EACH AND EVERY FREAKING ONE OF YOU! I know how cliche this is going to sound now, and i know you probably hear this at every gig you go to..But without YOU GUYS we wouldn't be standing up here.We are for real. We..." I paused, "I wanna thank you, from the bottom of my small, broken heart. This is our last song, and it's for you!"

I pulled out the microphone, and jumped off the stage, walking over to the barrier clutching the microphone tightly. I swallowed my nerves and Lent into the crowd, leaning on the barrier.

"Smiles and her laughter, it's the only thing that I've been waiting for..." The screams were deafening in my ears as the song was recognized, I reached out into the audience, and my eyes connected with a fans, her eyes a deep green, she smiled at me and reached out her hand. I Lent over the first two rows of fans and grabbed it, holding it tightly.

She's for real, sometimes i needed this. To connect with them, everything seems so fake constantly, and this, it reminds me...

"Cos thunderstorms could never stop me" i sang into the microphone, breaking the grasp with the girl and walking along the barrier, leaning in and singing to every few of the fans.

I stopped singing, and let the audience's combined voice flow over me, smiling at the outreached hands, trying to grab me. I walked closer and the hands wrapped around my arms, my legs. I felt trapped, i felt loved.

"Cos there's no one in the world like Emily" i sang softly, letting the words roll off my tongue, feeling the emotion, remembering when i wrote it. The heartbreak, the feeling of being on my own.

I threw the microphone behind me, and pulled a few of the fans into a hug.
"Thank you" i muttered, i don't think anyone listened.

They didn't realize how much it meant to be that they cared.

"Oh my god. His nose is huge!! And he's so short. I thought it was just bad photo's!!" I heard someone shout over to their friend. I dropped the hands i was holding and walked away, only looking back to wave to my real fans.