This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Ten

I threw on my black dress, fixing the lace at the top. My feet were adorned in my black ballerina shoes. I had even snuck out and dyed my hair back to it's natural color when Frank was out shopping.

Gerard's party was only a few hours away, and I was already excited. I guess you could say I had a thing for Halloween. But, it was also Frank's birthday. I knew Frank would be even more excited.

After finishing my hair, I jumped up and down, smiling as the blonde curls bounced. I put on my makeup quickly and stepped out of my bedroom, Bella sniffing curiously at the costume.

At the door, there was a loud knock. I stepped over to it to see Jamie outside, dressed up in her flowing white dress. She had also curled up her blonde hair, but looked even better than I did.

I pulled open the door. Jamie grinned at me and gave Bella a quick pat.

"Ready, Helena?" she asked.

"I am, Marilyn," I giggled, hooking arms with her.

Jamie and I headed out to her car, earning strange stares from other people. We simply smiled at them and got into her car. Inside, Jamie blasted some My Chemical Romance. I grinned and turned up the volume to the highest. We sang along to it at the top of our lungs, until it hurt.

At last, Gerard's home appeared in front of us. There were black balloons leading up to teh front door. The windows were covered in fake spider webs and there were a few fake blood splatters on the front porch. We walked inside, grinning from ear to ear.

Gerard sat on his couch with Ray, talking to one another. Gerard was dressed in a skeleton costume and had his stage makeup on. Ray was wrapped in white gauze that trailed on the floor with him.

"Hey!" Gerard said, smiling.

Jamie and I waved, sitting down with the two. I leaned my head on Gerard, who smiled brightly at my costume, nodding.

"When will everyone be here?" I asked.

"In about ten minutes the party shall begin," Ray said, rubbing his hands together like some mad scientist.

Laughing, I got up. I walked into the kitchen, examining all of the tasty treats my brother had gotten. Lots of cupcakes were stacked up, covered in deep red icing and black sprinkles. Even the drinks were dyed red. I guess my brother really liked blood.

The doorbell rang and I could hear people chattering outside. Grinning, I walked out of the kitchen. Ray quickly flipped on the music and Gerard opened the door, hugging and greeting everyone.

Jamie clung to my side, her blue and brown eyes flickering over everyone. I grinned and giggled as she searched for her precious Bob. When he came in, he walked right over to her, smiling.

"Hey, FrankenBob," I said, smiling at my blonde friend.

"Frankenstein. Very nice."

I looked over Bob's shoulder to see Frank standing there, grinning. He was wearing a fine black suit that looked straight out of the Fifties. He took off his fedora and winked at me, smirking. Laughing, I walked over to him and pecked his cheek.

"Hey Frankles!" I laughed.

"Hey Helena," Frank said, smiling as he studied my costume.

Frank played with one of the curls in my hair, examining it greatly. He pressed his lips to my own and sighed.

"You look very pretty, Tess," he said.

"Awww, thank you," I said, smiling even greater.

From over beside us, Gerard let out a girly scream. We all turned around to see him, alarmed. Mikey was standing at the door holding a woman's hand, smiling nervously. I rushed over to my brother and studied his costume.

"Don't suck my blood!" Ray screamed from behind us.

We all laughed as Mikey walked closer to Ray, showing off his fake fangs. From behind him, the woman I assumed was Alicia looked around at us, smiling brightly. Mikey was right about her being pretty.

Alicia's black hair flowed around her face, her bangs held up by a thin blue headband. She was adorned in a baby blue Alice in Wonderland dress, but it had a few blood stains on it.

"Cool costume!" Gerard said.

Alicia smiled. "Thanks."

We all introduced oursleves to her right away, shaking her hand and examining her costume. She was a nice girl, just as Mikey had explained. I looked behind me to see Mikey there, smiling at his date. I stood up onto my tippy toes and leaned into his ear.

"She's a keeper," I said.

Mikey smiled at me and gave me a small hug. I let go of him and lightly shoved him in Alicia's direction, winking.

After a while, the house was filled with more and more people. I didn't know some of them, but was sure I'd at least figure out their names by the end of tonight.

I sat down on the couch with Jamie, talking excitedly with her. But, as we began to get up, we heard a loud scream from the kitchen. I looked around the room to see Frank no where in sight. Slightly loosing my cool, I rushed over to the kitchen like everyone else.

Frank was in the kitchen, holding onto his orange and black cake.

"Cake!" he screamed, grinning.