This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Eleven

The party ended up going until about two in the morning. We pretty much all talked and joked around as if we were teenagers again. Jamie and Bob stayed close that night, holding hands. I was pleased by that.

Even Mikey was attatched to Alicia's hip. He didn't seem to want to leave her for one second. I don't think I ever saw him go to the bathroom.

Frank was at his goofiest, though. I swear, having his birthday party and Halloween the same night is just asking for chaos. He made Bob run with him down the street as Frank sat on top of the drummer's shoulders. Frank even thought about diving into the pool, despite the cool fall air.

But, when the party ended, I could see Gerard was obviously a bit more relaxed. He slumped into his armchair, letting out a sigh of relief. I sat with him, probably squishing him to death.

"Good party?" he asked, shutting his eyes.

I nodded. "Very good party."

Frank skipped out of the kitchen, eating the icing off of one of the cupcakes. He smiled at Gerard and I, sitting down on the coffee table. When he had gotten all of the icing off, I leaned over to him and pointed over to the door.

"Oh my god!" I yelled.

Frank looked over to his right, eyes wide. But, as he did so, I plucked the cupcake from his grip and took a bite of it, laughing. Frank laughed at me and attempted to steal it back.

"Are those two fighting over a cupcake?" Ray asked Gerard, siting on the couch.

"I think so," Gerard laughed.

Frank sunk his teeth into the cupcake, glaring at me. I let go of the cupcake, giving up. My husband threw his hands into the air, claming victory. He stood up and jumped around, but stopped suddenly, a sick look on his face.

"I shouldn't have eaten all those cupcakes some cake," he laughed.

"No, you shouldn't have," Mikey agreed.

I stood up, smoothing down my black dress. Frank walked over to me, handing me the cupcake. He looked away from it, as if it were a painful memory.

"You can have it. It's too horrible to look at," Frank sighed, keeping his eyes away from it.

Laughing, I finished up the cupcake. When I was finished, we said our goodbyes to everyone and hopped into his car.

Back at the apartment, Bella greeted us happily. She barked loudly and wagged her fluffy tail. We gave her some attention, not wanting the neighbors to hate us more.

I walked into the bathroom and splashed some water onto my face, causing all of my makeup to bleed. I wiped it off and pulled my hair back into a scrunchy, sighing to myself. After getting out of my costume, I threw on my pajamas and got into bed. Frank grinned at me with all of his teeth, obviously still hyper.

"So, when do I get my present?" he asked, his golden eyes sparkling.

I shrugged. "Maybe tomorrow."

Frank frowned. "Why?"

"'Cause I just want you to wait so it'll be better," I laughed.

Frank nodded and turned out the light. Bella cuddled into her sheets, taking over the bed. I got under the sheets, inhaling the scent of laundry detergent. Frank sighed and pressed his face into his pillow, just like every night. I laughed and kissed his cheek.

"Happy Birthday, Frank," I sighed.

"Thank you!" he yelled, causing Bella to shoot up.

We giggled as the dog laid back down, staring at Frank hesitantly. I laid my head on Frank's shoulder and shut my eyes, longing for a good night's sleep.

The next morning, Frank shook me lightly. I muttered for him to leave me alone, but he kept shaking me.

"Whaaat?" I groaned.

"Present!" he said, shaking my arm like a little kid on Christmas.

I opened my eyes, laughing. Slowly, I got up and nodded at Frank. Surprisingly, he was already dressed and ready. I quickly threw on my black shirt and red skinny jeans. I slipped on my worn out black sneakers and fixed my face and hair. Once I was finished, I grabbed Frank's hand.

We got into the car quickly. Well, Frank practically dove into the car. I turned on the radio and drove down the busy street, searching for the correct building. Once I found it, I got out of the car. Frank looked for a sign, but before he could find it, I slipped my hands over his eyes.

"What the?" he asked.

"Surprises, Frank."

Frank sighed and nodded. We walked into the building and up the small flight of stairs. I opened the tall wooden door and took my hand off of Frank's eyes. When he saw where we were, he grinned and hugged me.

"I seriously love you."