This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Fifteen

That night, Mikey and Gerard stayed over. Mikey just couldn't seem to stop talking to his new nephew. Hunter seemed excited about that.

After getting in my pajamas, I walked into the living room. It was around midnight and Hunter was still up with Mikey. I smiled at the two and put my hands on their shoulders.

"Hunter, you should go to bed. I don't want you tired for tomorrow," I said.

Hunter nodded and waved goodnight. He gave me a quick hug before walking into his room. I smiled at him and sat down. Mikey put his arm around me.

"He's a great kid," Mikey said.

"I know. I hope we raise him to be good," I laughed.

"He just can't party hard like us until he's eighteen. How about that?" Frank asked, laughing.

"Sounds good," I replied, nodding.

Frank smiled at the guys and I. I slowly got up and held onto his hand, yawning. Gerard laughed softly, his hazel eyes glittering. We siad goodnight to the two brothers before heading back into our bedroom, hoping for a good night's sleep.

The next morning, I woke up to hear someone in the living room. From the TV, I could hear Guitar Hero playing loudly. Laughing, I shook my head. I got up from bed, Bella following me.

As I had guessed, it was Mikey and Hunter playing Guitar Hero. I smiled at them, but stopped as I walked closer. Gerard was holding Jaxon, grinning at the little boy. Jaxon showed Gerard his Hulk toy, talking non-stop about him. When Gerard saw my eyes on them, he gave me a soft smile.

"Good morning," he sighed.

"'Morning," I said, sitting next to him.

From my left, Mikey groaned loudly. I looked over quickly to see Hunter laughing.

"God, he's never even played this game and he still beat me!" Mikey whined, frowning deeply at me.

"The kid's got talent," I explained, shrugging.

Hunter grinned as I said that, his mousy brown bangs sweeping into his bottle-green eyes. Mikey demanded a rematch. So, they ended up playing each other for a few hours. But, Frank walked up to the TV and pushed the off button, glaring at Mikey playfully.

"What are we going today?" Gerard asked.

"We could go downtown for a bit," I said, shrugging.

At that, Hunter grinned. He tried to hide it, but it was useless; the kid's smile was bigger than the sun.

"I'm guessing downtown sounds good?" Frank asked, laughing.

"I've never been down there, but I've seen movies about downtown places," Hunter answered.

"You'll love it," Gerard said, smiling sweetly at the teenager.

Hunter nodded at his uncle, getting up from his seat. He went to go get changed, leaving the rest of us to drink our normal morning coffee. As Gerard got up to wash his coffee cup out, Jaxon looked over to him, his eyes wide.

"Unca Gee?" he called out.

Gerard turned around. "Yes, Jack?"

"Where are you going?" he asked, his tiny lower lip sticking out.

Gerard laughed and picked up the little boy, smiling brightly at him. Jaxon giggled and pushed his head into Gerard's neck. I smiled at the two, feeling as if I were watching a movie.

Hunter walked out of his room, dressed in his red Vans shirt and tight grey jeans. He pulled on his hat and grinned.

"I'm ready."

+++++

Downtown, the cars were buzzing by crazily. I held tightly onto Hunter's hand, growing worried. He promised me he would be okay; he was almost fourteen. But, I held on anyway, not wanting to lose him.

Jaxon never left Gerard, always pointing at the cars as they drove by. Gerard didn't seem to want to leave Jaxon, either. I couldn't help but feel like the weight of the world was off of my shoulders. I mean, Gerard would miss me when they went on their next tour; believe me, I would miss him too. But, at least he was getting along with his new nephews very well.

As we passed by a small shop, I felt my eyes stuck on it. The shop doors were each pitch black, but there was fuzzy red lining on it. We walked inside, grinning.

All around us were a few shelves showing off glossy new guitars and basses. We all rushed to them, stroking their coats of glistening paint. Hunter stared at a glittering Les Paul, his green eyes wide. I would understand why he was staring at it like that.

The guitar was absolutely beautiful. It was the color of fresh blood, frightening but delicious. Hunter began to walk away from it, his eyes flickering around to the other guitars in the shop. Frank walked over to me, wrapping his arms around me. He kissed my cheek and looked at the guitar.

"She's a beaut," he said.

"I think we should get it for Hunter. He was staring at it like his first love. Plus, I would kill to have a musically involved kid," I whispered to him.

Frank nodded excitedly and walked over to Hunter to keep him distracted. I quickly paid for the guitar and got it. When the guys saw me with the new guitar they nodded.

"A new guitar for you?" they asked.

"No, it's for Hunter. Its a surprise."

"But, it's big. I doubt he would miss seeing that," Gerard pointed out.

I bit my lip and stared down at the case. Grinning, I looked back to my brothers.

"It's just for me," I said, winking.

They caught onto it and nodded, grinning. When Frank heard, he turned around, seeing it was okay for Hunter to see. Hunter turned around and smiled at me.

"A new guitar for you?" he asked.

I nodded, barely able to keep my secret in.

"Yup."
♠ ♠ ♠
hehehe
surprises, surprises, surprises!!!!