This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Sixteen

We arrived back at the apartment later that afternoon, not wanting to keep the kids out there at night time. Frank said they would be okay, but I still freaked out a bit.

Jaxon rested his head on my shoulder, his eyelids drooping. I laughed at his sleepiness and kissed his forehead. We all sat on the couches, when Mikey grinned at me. He really wanted me to give Hunter the present.

"Hey, Hunt?" I called out.

Hunter turned to me. "Yeah?"

"Would you go grab that guitar case for me real fast? I wanna show you something," I said.

Hunter nodded and grabbed the guitar case. I told him to open it, grinning. He did so and gasped when he saw the lovely guitar. He looked up to me.

"You're so lucky," he said.

"No I'm not. It's yours."

When I said that, I thought Hunter was going to pass out. He stared at me, wide eyed. The guys laughed as he did so. All of a sudden, Hunter leapt over to me and wrapped his arms around Frank and I.

"You guys are too good to me," he said, laughing.

"It's okay. We like it," Frank laughed.

Hunter sat back down, when his little brother whined from being smushed. Jaxon pushed his head into my neck, clinging onto me. Frank laughed as the little boy did so.

"I'll go put him to bed if you want," Frank offered.

I nodded, but grabbed Frank's hand. I carried Jaxon into his bedroom, Frank walking beside me. Smiling, I set Jaxon down in his bed. He instantly cuddled up with his pillow. I swear this kid was perfect. I mean, I've never ever met a kid who loves to sleep just as much as I do.

"Aww," Gerard said from the door, staring at his nephew.

Smiling, Frank and I walked out of the room. Gerard shut the door behind us, walking into the kithen with Frank and I. We discussed a few schools we could put them into for a while. It was a good thing that the Preschool and Middle School were in the same building. That way, they would both get out around the same time.

I leaned into Frank, feeling my own eyes droop. He laughed, kissing the top of my head.

"Are you sleepy too?" he asked.

"M-hm," I mumbled, hugging him.

"Why don't you go to bed?" he questioned.

"Eh, I guess I will," I muttered.

I began walking over to the hallway, when I collided with something. I stepped back seeing I had walked into a wall. Frank laughed with Gerard as I stood there, slightly confused.

"Oh, um, ha-ha," I said, laughing nervously.

Frank walked over to me and hugged me once more. He gave me a small kiss and let me go, still laughing.

But, I hardly found it funny. My head was actually spinning once more, like the dizzy spells I had after my pills. The spells had gotten a lot shorter. But, now I felt as if I was stuck in a tornado.

I collapsed onto my bed, not caring to change. The dresser was only a few feet away, but it seemed miles away. As I laid there, I sleepily kicked off my shoes. I scooted up closer to my pillow, burying my head into it.

Every light and every sound that entered my head felt like a burning fire. They had began playing on Hunter's new guitar, which was killing me almost to the point of screaming. But, I didn't scream. Screaming would only cause panic and a worse headache for me.

After a while, I finally fell asleep. But, I ended up waking up around two in the morning. I slowly sat up, resting my head on my knees. Luckily, there was no sound. A small sliver of light from the moon shone in, but it didn't hurt.

"Tess?" Frank mumbled.

"Hmm?" I answered.

"Are you okay?" he asked, sitting up.

I nodded slowly, turning to him. Frank looked quite funny, actually. HIs eyeliner was smudged, which reminded me a girl. I wiped it away, giggling. Frank smiled at me with all of his teeth, his dark hair falling over one of his hazel eyes.

"So, you sure you're okay?" he asked, lying his head onto his pillow.

"Yeah, just a little headache," I said, just bending the truth a bit.

Frank stared at me, a worried look plastered on his handsome face. He held onto my hand.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Yes," I sighed, lying back.

Frank nodded, but I knew he hadn't fully bought it. He nervously got comfortable, still clutching protectively onto my hand. I rubbed his tattoos on his knuckles soothingly, trying to offer him a small smile. I shut my eyes and let out a soft breath, hoping for more sleep.

I ended up waking up after only four more hours of sleep. Sighing, I rubbed my eyes. Frank was lying there, his ebony hair in a mess. He mumbled in his sleep, but I couldn't tell what about. It sounded like something about Gerard and Bob.

To my surprise, Jamie was in my living room. She handed a cup of coffee to me quickly, pushing me into the bathroom. I stared at her, confusion completely written across my face.

"You have work today, Missy," she sighed, grabbing my curling iron.

I nodded, drinking up my coffee quickly. Jamie finished curling my hair and pushed my head up, putting my makeup on quickly. I let her do so, sitting there like a vegetable. When she had finished, she threw me my yellow summer dress and my white flats. I put them on slowly, but ended up being shoved out of the bathroom quickly by my impatient friend.

Frank walked out of the bedroom, rubbing his head. When he saw me he smiled. But, as Jamie came around the corner, he looked almost confused I had a few minutes ago.

"I have work today," I explained.

"Oh, yeah," Frank said, nodding.

I quickly kissed him goodbye before being pulled out of the room by Jamie. But, as I came to the door, I stopped, seeing Frank stare after me like a lost puppy.

"Bye, Space Cadet," I said.

Frank smiled softly.

"Bye Vanilla."
♠ ♠ ♠
okay, I kinda liked this chapter.
what did you like about it?