This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Seventeen

When Jamie and I arrived at work, we both grinned. Everytime I walked in, I just couldn't help but smile. Jamie headed off to her vanity, greeting the other stylists. I sat down at my front desk, turning on the computer. As I waited for it to boot, I grabbed my coffee and took a sip of it. But, an unexpected person walked up to the desk.

"Jon!" I said, standing up.

Jon laughed and hugged me. He smiled softly at me, holding onto my hands.

"What are you here for?" I asked.

"I decided it's time to clip the do," he said, playing with his extremely long bangs.

Laughing, I nodded. He signed in and then looked back down to me.

"At lunch, you wanna go get something to eat?" he asked.

"Sure! I have a lot to tell you," I said, nodding brightly.

From my right, I heard heels clicking on the wood. Jon and I looked over to see a tall girl with brown and violet hair. She smiled at Jon brightly, extending her pale hand to him.

"You must be Jon. I'm Tish. I'll be cuttin' your hair today, if thats okay?" she said, her green eyes glittering in the sun.

Jon nodded and smiled. As he turned back to me, he winked, nodding at Tish. I laughed and rolled my eyes, sitting back at my desk.

****

After about half an hour, Jon was finished. I studied his new hair, grinning. He had just shortened it up a bit, but at least you could see his icey eyes better. He handed me the correct amount of money and gave Tish a tip. She waved him goodbye, but I could see a hint of sadness as she watched him go. When she saw my eyes on her, she quickly turned around, staring at the ground.

Jon and I left for lunch a while after that. We sat down at a close diner, watching people walk around town. Jon slipped on his mirrored sunglasses, sighing in hapiness.

"I could do this everyday," he sighed.

I laughed. "What have you been doing?"

"Working at the shop with Jesse. Oh! He wanted me to tell you hi," he said.

"Tell him hi back. How's the shop been?" I asked.

"Good, we get a few cranky old people though. One old man threw his shoe at me. It hurt."

I stared at Jon, trying to hold in my laughter. But, it just became too hard. I bent over, laughing loudly. Other people stared as I did so, but I didn't care; this laugh was just to hard to keep in. Jon stared at me, a grin on his boyish face.

When I got over the giggle fit, I sat back up. Jon passed me my glass of water, chuckling. I drank it down and then remembered what I was going to tell him.

"Um, Jon?" I called out.

"M-hm?" he answered, taking a drink of his own water.

"Well, I kinda wanted to tell you something. Don't freak out like Gerard did, though," I started.

Jon laughed. "Just tell me, Tess."

I sighed and nodded. As I began, a grin spread across my face.

"Frank and I adopted."

Jon's mouth opened wide and I'm sure his eyes were, too. He shakily set his glass on the table, not wanting to break it. I sunk into my seat, hoping he wouldn't be mad. After a few minutes, he regained the ability to talk.

"How many kids?" he asked.

"Two. They were brothers, so I couldn't leave one behind."

"How old are they?"

"Thirteen and four."

Jon nodded and gave me a small smile. I knew it would still pain him to not be with me, but I think he would have an easier time. Besides, I knew he would never resort to suicide again. If he was going down, I would go down with him.

"I'll have to meet 'em sometime," Jon said, breaking my thoughts.

I nodded and looked down at my phone. It was about five minutes till my break was over. I sat up, sighing. Jon got up also, seeing my time was up. We walked back to the salon quietly, our hands linked together. When I got back, I hugged him tightly.

"Promise to see me soon?" Jon asked.

"Yep," I said, nodding up at him.

Smiling, Jon kissed the top of my head. I walked into the salon, giving him one last wave. When I sat at my desk, I noticed Jamie eying me. I sat at my desk, raising an eyebrow.

"What was that about?" she asked suspiciously.

"Oh that was my friend Jon," I explained.

"Friend? Then why did he kiss your head?" she asked, fuming up.

"Jamie, calm down. Friends can give you kisses on the head. It's not like I kissed him on the lips," I said, both of my eyebrows raised.

Jamie nodded, but still seemed suspicious. I turned around, rolling my eyes; she would get over it eventually.

The day went by pretty fast and it was time for me to leave. I grabbed my keys and looked over to see Jamie still at work. I would have waited, but I was just too tired. So, I walked out and decided to walk home.

The wind blew at my face, sending a small chill into my body. I hugged my coat closer, regretting that I allowed Jamie to make me wear a summer dress. It was almost winter!

When I got back to the apartment, my legs were covered in goosebumps from the cold weather. I ran into my bedroom and pulled on a pair of black sweat pants and one of my My Chemical Romance shirts. After pulling my curled hair up into a pony tail, I walked into the living room.

Surprisingly, no one was here. I lounged out on the couch, petting Bella. She sniffed at me curiously and curled up on the rug. I flipped on the TV, humming to myself.

The front door opened up, resulting in Bella barking. I shushed her and looked over there, my heart racing. Who ever it was opening the door was having a rough time opening it. The door shook a bit, sending Bella insane.

"Hello?" I called out.

Then, the door flew open.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm, who will be at the door???