This Cloud Just Keeps on Covering

Two

Frank's Point of View

I gulped as Jamie and Tessa turned to me, hoping for an answer. I smoothed down Bella's coat, hoping I wouldn't have to answer. It was too hard. The day was so... painful for me. I could barely even think of it without crying.

"Do you know what happened?" Tessa asked me, her aspen eyes glittering in the sunlight from the sun.

"Yeah," I said, staring back at her.

"What happened?" Jamie asked, obviously craving gossip.

"Well, the guys and I ran after you. I heard the g-gunshot and kept searching. I did find you after a while. It was horrible, Tess. Jon was crying so much. You were unconcious and all bloody. I- I-" I explained, feeling tears begin.

Tessa wrapped her arms around me and kissed my cheek. "You don't have to tell us."

I nodded and held onto her, keeping my eyes down on the carpet. Jamie walked over to me and handed me a mug of hot tea, smiling. I thanked her and took a large sip, letting the hot liquid slip down my aching throat.

We stayed at Jamie's house for a while. Tessa wanted to know what happened here while she was gone. It was mostly gossip at the salon, so I zoned out. I kept myself busy petting Bella and finishing my tea.

Tessa turned to me and smiled. "You wanna head home?"

"Sure. Thanks for the tea, Jamie," I said, getting up.

"Sure thing," Jamie said, smiling sweetly at me.

Tessa hugged Jamie once more, exchanging goodbyes. We left the small apartment, leaded Bella over to the car. Tessa got into her seat as I set Bella in the backseat. She barked loudly. Laughing, Bella rolled down the back windows so Bella could enjoy the wind. Tessa and I laughed as Bella bit at the air on our way home.

All too soon, the tall white apartment complex appeared before us. We parked and got Bella out, racing up the stairs. Grinning, I grabbed Tessa and set her behind us.

"Why must you always cheat?" she laughed.

""Cause I can," I said simply, laughing at her.

Tessa rolled her eyes and walked with me over to the door, unlocking it quickly. When we got inside, the familliar scent of Tessa's air freshners filled me. I smiled and shut the door behind us. Tessa wrapped her arms around my waist, sighing contently.

"We're home," she stated.

I smiled at her and pressed my lips to her own. She pulled away smiling and walked into the living room, hooking her hands with mine. I collapsed onto the couch, staring out of the window. Tessa kissed the top of my head and laughed, lightly slapping my shoulder with her hand.

"I'm gonna go unpack," she said.

I nodded and nuzzled my head into the couch pillow. Bella hopped up on the other couch. I groaned.

"Bella, off."

Bella whined at me but hopped off of the white couch and laid on the black rug. I would let her sit up there, but knew Tessa would be mad. If her white couches got dirty, she would be extremely mad.

I shut my eyes and let out a small sigh. From inside of our room, I could hear Tessa singing to herself as she unpacked. I smiled and let her silky voice lull me to sleep.

When I woke up, I noticed it was getting dark outside. The TV was on and Tessa was sitting on the other couch, her knees pulled up to her chest. She was eating one of her coffee bars, smiling to herself. I grinned; if Mikey and Gerard knew about those coffee bars, they would probably sneak in more often.

"Hey throw me one," I mumbled, smiling.

Tessa nodded and tossed me one. Bella tried to jump for it, but I caught it just in time. I bit into it, smiling at the dog.

"I think she's getting a coffee addiction like Mikey and Gerard," I laughed.

"I knew they came here too often," Tessa giggled.

At that, Tessa's phone rang loudly from her pocket. She muted the TV and pulled the phone from her pocket, smiling. I began to shut my eyes again, but they were wide open when I heard her talk again.

"Oh, hi Jon."
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dunnnn